PDA

View Full Version : Transmission/Clutch Help Please

vTeC
06-29-2006, 12:15 AM
Ok, so today I was driving about 30 miles away from home. I could hear a noise that sounded almost like my tires on the road. They make a little noise normally (just the normal road noise) but it seemed louder this time. I just thought maybe one of the tires was low. So, on the way back home, I got on the gas and went through 2nd and 3rd, but could not shift into fourth. There was no grinding, just that the transmission wouldn't go into gear. After a few seconds of shoving into 4th, and trying 5th, I finally got it into gear and went on. I was on my way to the movies, so I went ahead, but it was getting really hard to shift into different gears, and OUT OF THEM. On my way home from the movies, everything would have been cold, after sitting 2.5 hours, so I thought this might have some sort of effect, but there was no change. It's hard as hell to shift into gear, and out of gear, like it just gets stuck. When I was pulling into my driveway I could hear a whining noise, kind of like a turbo spooling, even when I stopped, it was still going for a second. So I'm thinking it was the transmission still slowing down? Anyways, I'm going to check my fluid tommorow, and hope to hell my transmission isn't fucked up, but any help would be great guys. I don't think it's the clutch myself, because it's even hard to pull out of gear, but I'm no expert, so please help me out. Thanks.

1civic
06-29-2006, 12:42 AM
Does the Noise go away at all when you push in the clutch ? Also do c/k the oil in the tranny...They will act funny when low... But The main shaft bearing are know to go bad and will make noises.. Just try 1 thing at a time... The oil is the first, then we can go from there... :goodjob:

vTeC
06-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Yup, the transmission fluid is fine, so I guess I'm going to put it on the lift and check out underneath. I'm guessing now that maybe it's not going to be fun :( Anyone wanna help, rofl?

Vteckidd
06-29-2006, 01:23 PM
you either fucked up a bearing or your PP went bad an wont disengage.

Do this, shut the car off, an push in the clutch an see if it will shift smoothly. if it does, then turn the car on an see if it will go into gear with the clutch put in.

if it goes in smoothly with the car off, an its hard when the car is on, its 90% of the time a CLUTCH ISSUE.

if its hard to engage an disengage both times, its mostl ikely an internal transmission issue

vTeC
06-29-2006, 01:57 PM
With the car off, it was hard to push into first the first time trying. Once it went into gear, then I could go through all gears easily.

Vteckidd
06-29-2006, 02:28 PM
sounds like a clutch issue

IntegraXTR
06-29-2006, 02:39 PM
whens the last time the clutch was changed?

BTEC
06-29-2006, 02:40 PM
WITH A BAD INPUT SHAFT BEARING YOU CAN STILL GET IT INTO GEAR BUT IT MAKES A HELL OF A NOISE AND IT GETS QUIETER AS U GO THROUGH THE GEARS BC THE INPUT SHAFT SPINS SLOWER.

IF IT JUST QUIT GOING INTO GEAR AND U DNT HAVE NE FLUID LEAKS ID SAY ITS A CLUTCH (DISC/PRESSUER PLATE) ISSUE. DO U HAVE AN AFTER MARKET CLUTCH? I DINT READ UR WHOLE 1ST POST SO SORRY IF U ANSWERED THAT ALREADY.

BAD THROW-OUT BEARINGS ARE IDENTIFIED BY THE NOISE DRASTICALLY CHANGING WITH CLUTCH PEDAL ENGAGE AND DISENGAGEMENT.

vTeC
06-29-2006, 06:34 PM
I haven't changed the clutch since I got the car about 20k miles ago.

vTeC
06-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Wow, pulled the transmission today and the clutch springs were out of their homes, and catching on the pressure plate. Thanks for the help guys.

Vteckidd
07-01-2006, 10:11 AM
god damn im good lol

good to hear man

IntegraXTR
07-01-2006, 10:24 AM
yo mike, how much do yall charge to change clutches anyway, thinkin about doin it myself again but if its a good price I rather just pay it.

Vteckidd
07-01-2006, 10:26 AM
B series we charge $275