PDA

View Full Version : Misc Calling all wine connoisseurs!!!

Sledlude
06-28-2006, 02:09 PM
I'm looking to send some excellent american wines to some friends over seas.... preferably some reds. I'd like for them to be affordable... any wine drinker knows good wine doesn't necessarily mean you have to break the bank.

If you really KNOW your shit, post up some of your faves!

Sledlude
06-29-2006, 07:17 PM
nobody drinks wine?

Dark.GEAR
06-30-2006, 08:55 AM
I'm not a wine drink, but this site may probably help alot...

wine.woot.com

They have one day sales and there is also a blog for each deal to allow the consumer to comment about the item. Really cheap prices too!

Sledlude
06-30-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm not a wine drink, but this site may probably help alot...

wine.woot.com

They have one day sales and there is also a blog for each deal to allow the consumer to comment about the item. Really cheap prices too!

unfortunately, I think GA is one of the few states where the consumer cannot purchase wine straight from the winery. which is total BULLSHIT. but thanks anyway, great site. +1 :)

man
06-30-2006, 01:02 PM
dont drink american wines

Sledlude
06-30-2006, 10:18 PM
hey... theres some good american wines out there...

what do you suggest? french ? :cool:

99SI
07-01-2006, 11:42 AM
My favorite wine is Twisted River Late Harvest. It is a reisling, very fruity and crisp. I am not a fan of Red but I bought my grandfather (red drinker) a bottle of Robert Mondavi Merlot that was a good year and he really enjoyed it. For the California wines 1999 was a GREAT year. The Twisted River is about 12-15 depending on where you get it. If you are in the area The Eagles Landing Bottle Shop at the corner of Hudson Bridge/Eagles Landing Pkwy and Hwy 42 in Henry County is one of the most impressive bottle shops I've ever seen. They have a huge selection of wines divided up into categories and a very knowledgeable staff that can reccomend or guide your decision.

man
07-01-2006, 08:43 PM
actually, I do have a bottle of Silverado Fantasia downstairs. It's pretty damn good. I dont know how much you're lookin to spend though, it runs about $50 a bottle.

SupermanJCD
07-01-2006, 10:44 PM
My Parents own a wine bar in downtown atlanta called The Grape. its at atlantic station. they got all kinds of wine. you should stop by and check them out.

Stormhammer
07-02-2006, 05:55 AM
head up to Helen, there's a wine shop up there, god I'll have to come back with a post of the name of this amazing wine - but they have VERY good stuff, and can only be bought in Helen

Nittanys1
07-02-2006, 09:09 AM
they have better wine over seas then they do here.....

KNHTRDR
07-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Pinot's are pretty good also but there are ALOT of different kinds tastes etc.they start around $10 and go up from there.

KNHTRDR
07-02-2006, 03:26 PM
My Parents own a wine bar in downtown atlanta called The Grape. its at atlantic station. they got all kinds of wine. you should stop by and check them out.

Been meaning to go by there the place looks off the chain.

Sledlude
07-02-2006, 08:20 PM
Pinot's are pretty good also but there are ALOT of different kinds tastes etc.they start around $10 and go up from there.

i was thinking maybe a pinot from the willamette valley in oregon... there seems to be many nice vineyards up there

99SI
07-07-2006, 11:27 AM
My cousin is pretty good friends with Tom Gordy, I'm sure you know him since he is involved with the Grape. I've met him a few times, hunted with him several times too. I've been meaning to go in and check it out.

PRiMAdonna
07-07-2006, 11:34 PM
I like Pinot Grigio.. but I usually drink Sutter Home White Zinfandel