PDA

View Full Version : RIP "MO" ABBASS MOMIN

Sho11581
06-28-2006, 08:43 AM
RIP CUZ
6/28/04

yes it was 2 years ago today, he was in the import scene from ptree city, drove a red supra and also a blue 2003 bmw m3, he drownd on a school trip in india.
here is the article

Army ROTC student dies in June while saving life
Mohamad Abbas Momin was on a study abroad program in India when he died off the coast of Goa.
Joanna Wu
Issue date: 9/13/04 Section: News
PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 1 Mohamad Abbas Momin, a junior majoring in business administration and a member of USC Army ROTC, died June 28 while attempting to save a woman from drowning on the coast of India. He was 18 years old.

Momin was on a study abroad program sponsored by the University of North Carolina when the accident occurred. He was completing a course in Hindi to learn more about his culture.

While relaxing on a beach in Goa with classmates, Momin noticed the woman struggling in the water. The group saved the woman, but Momin disappeared in the process. His body was found along the coastline 36 hours later.

"He was just the most honest and solid human being you probably could ever meet," said Anand Kishorenath, a junior majoring in Electrical Engineering and a friend of Momin's. "It's kind of frightening how amazing that guy was in terms of his integrity and how honest he was. He's on another level from anyone I think I'll ever probably meet in my life."

In addition to Army ROTC, Momin was part of the Southern California Indo-Americans Club, the Pakistani Students Association, the Muslim Student Union and Student Senate.

He joined the Army ROTC program in the spring of his freshman year.

"He wanted the discipline and the challenge that ROTC would offer him," said Lt. Col. R. Kyle George, professor of military science at a memorial held for Momin.

Momin was awarded the Battalion Commander's Academic and Excellence Award and was on the dean's list consistently, he said.

"Academically, he led his ROTC class," George said. "Mo's character was beyond reproach; he was quite simply the most decent, honest, caring individual we have ever met."

Sugam Arora, a junior majoring in business administration said Momin had a small-town niceness to him.

"He was so naive and nice; we made fun of him at times," he said. "It's not something you come across that often, especially in a big university."

Arora, Kishorenath and Kunal Shah, a junior majoring in business administration, all traveled to Momin's hometown of Peachtree City, Ga., to attend his funeral on July 3.

Momin loved his hometown, Shah said.

"He would always go to the Peachtree City Web site and check the temperature there," he said. "He just loved everything about it - his Muslim community, his friends at school."

Momin was also a USC football fan.

"He would always call his friends back home: 'Oh, USC just won their game. How did your team do?'" Shah said.

Farah Momin, Mohamad Abbas Momin's sister, said he was the biggest inspiration in her life.

"He was always there for me, and he was always there for his friends," she said.

Mohamad Abbas Momin is survived by his mother, step-father and sister.

USC Army ROTC, the Southern-California Indo-American Club, the Muslim Student Union and the Office of Religious Life held a memorial in honor of Mohamad Abbas Momin on Sept. 1

IM JUST TRYING TO KEEP HIS MEMORY ALIVE

civic95
06-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Does he visit this site?

B16a2 Civic
06-28-2006, 08:46 AM
in the import scene?

SwurvinIn
06-28-2006, 08:48 AM
he died 2 years ago?

civic95
06-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Ok, well RIP. Next time atleast tell us the story.

TRINI4LIFE
06-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Ok, well RIP. Next time atleast tell us the story.

It's not too late too. RIP N-E-WAY

Sho11581
06-28-2006, 09:13 AM
yes it was 2 years ago today, he was in the import scene from ptree city, drove a red supra and also a blue 2003 bmw m3, he drownd on a school trip in india.
here is the article

Army ROTC student dies in June while saving life
Mohamad Abbas Momin was on a study abroad program in India when he died off the coast of Goa.
Joanna Wu
Issue date: 9/13/04 Section: News
PrintEmail Article Tools Page 1 of 1 Mohamad Abbas Momin, a junior majoring in business administration and a member of USC Army ROTC, died June 28 while attempting to save a woman from drowning on the coast of India. He was 18 years old.

Momin was on a study abroad program sponsored by the University of North Carolina when the accident occurred. He was completing a course in Hindi to learn more about his culture.

While relaxing on a beach in Goa with classmates, Momin noticed the woman struggling in the water. The group saved the woman, but Momin disappeared in the process. His body was found along the coastline 36 hours later.

"He was just the most honest and solid human being you probably could ever meet," said Anand Kishorenath, a junior majoring in Electrical Engineering and a friend of Momin's. "It's kind of frightening how amazing that guy was in terms of his integrity and how honest he was. He's on another level from anyone I think I'll ever probably meet in my life."

In addition to Army ROTC, Momin was part of the Southern California Indo-Americans Club, the Pakistani Students Association, the Muslim Student Union and Student Senate.

He joined the Army ROTC program in the spring of his freshman year.

"He wanted the discipline and the challenge that ROTC would offer him," said Lt. Col. R. Kyle George, professor of military science at a memorial held for Momin.

Momin was awarded the Battalion Commander's Academic and Excellence Award and was on the dean's list consistently, he said.

"Academically, he led his ROTC class," George said. "Mo's character was beyond reproach; he was quite simply the most decent, honest, caring individual we have ever met."

Sugam Arora, a junior majoring in business administration said Momin had a small-town niceness to him.

"He was so naive and nice; we made fun of him at times," he said. "It's not something you come across that often, especially in a big university."

Arora, Kishorenath and Kunal Shah, a junior majoring in business administration, all traveled to Momin's hometown of Peachtree City, Ga., to attend his funeral on July 3.

Momin loved his hometown, Shah said.

"He would always go to the Peachtree City Web site and check the temperature there," he said. "He just loved everything about it - his Muslim community, his friends at school."

Momin was also a USC football fan.

"He would always call his friends back home: 'Oh, USC just won their game. How did your team do?'" Shah said.

Farah Momin, Mohamad Abbas Momin's sister, said he was the biggest inspiration in her life.

"He was always there for me, and he was always there for his friends," she said.

Mohamad Abbas Momin is survived by his mother, step-father and sister.

USC Army ROTC, the Southern-California Indo-American Club, the Muslim Student Union and the Office of Religious Life held a memorial in honor of Mohamad Abbas Momin on Sept. 1

IM JUST TRYING TO KEEP HIS MEMORY ALIVE

B16a2 Civic
06-28-2006, 09:15 AM
i feel ya man, imma edit that in your orginal post

LiL PaKi
06-28-2006, 09:16 AM
RIP... you know there is an Abbass Momin that lives in Gwinnett or I think he still does.. I thought it was him for a split second... he didn't happen to live in Gwinnett one point in time did he?

Sho11581
06-28-2006, 09:21 AM
nO HE LIVED IN PTREE CITY AFTER HIGH SCHOOL HE WENT TO CALI FOR COLLEGE, PASSED AWAY IN INDIA--WE HAD TO GO PICK HIS BODY UP FROM THERE AND BRING HIM BACK AND WAS BURIED ON JULY 3, 2004---
FOR ALL MY MUSLIM PEEPS - SURA FATEHA PLEASE !

Nopaintsls
06-28-2006, 09:25 AM
RIP... you know there is an Abbass Momin that lives in Gwinnett or I think he still does.. I thought it was him for a split second... he didn't happen to live in Gwinnett one point in time did he?

no thats not him.. I know who your talking bout...

LiL PaKi
06-28-2006, 09:26 AM
nO HE LIVED IN PTREE CITY AFTER HIGH SCHOOL HE WENT TO CALI FOR COLLEGE, PASSED AWAY IN INDIA--WE HAD TO GO PICK HIS BODY UP FROM THERE AND BRING HIM BACK AND WAS BURIED ON JULY 3, 2004---

I see... :( I'm sorry...

BlkCD5
06-28-2006, 09:27 AM
Rip "MO". I went to high school with him and he was the coolest guy ever.

HvyArms
06-28-2006, 09:35 AM

innalillahi wa inna illaihi rajauun

Sho11581
06-28-2006, 09:57 AM
THANKS BRO

babygurl
06-28-2006, 10:02 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss...RIP

The Golden Child
06-28-2006, 10:05 AM
R.I.P.