PDA

View Full Version : WARNING RANT: fuck delta, fuck newark, fuck jersey!

ShooterMcGavin
06-27-2006, 11:53 PM
ok so i'm at the by 4:30 for a 5:45 flight, everything fucking honky dory. go to check in and see the flight's delayed til 6:05. well i've flown to newark at least half a dozen times over the past yr and this wasn't really news to me so whatever.

sit there at the gate til 5:30, about when we're supposed to board. at this point we get told the bitch is delayed til 7:15 because of bad weather in newark.....so i'm thinking here we fucking go...actually board the plane earlier than predicted, right before 7 but from there, proceed to wait 45 fuckin min before we actually take off. wtf ever right?

around 9:40 we get told we got put in a holding pattern that will take about half an hr (can u see this shit gettin worse?). so we wait and circle and circle and circle.....all the way until goddamn 10:40 at which point the pilot says we were about to have to divert to another airport cuz we were running low on fuel but finally got the go ahead to land.

so a flight that was originally scheduled to arrive at 8:01pm didn't actually get in until past 11pm (and the weather on the ground REALLY isn't that bad at all). my question is this, how is it that everything else in this world runs on a pretty tight schedule, yet when it comes to flying, it's whatever, whenever? :2up: here's a big fuck you to the airline industry and air traffic control and hell, a big fuck you to the weather too while i'm at it.

now it's damn near 1am and i just got done eating a late as fuck dinner and need to hurry up and pass the fuck out so i can get up and not look like a goddamn zombie tomorrow when i have to be in my meeting. goodnite, i'm out. btw, if i have to go through w/this shit again tomorrow, i'm going to get someone (a certain camel jockey maybe?) to just wipe newark airport off the map... :D

Deaf Pimp
06-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Great... now that the FBI and secret service has already read this thread and you had to bring up Yousef's name into it. I guess we'll be seeing him on the news tomorrow.

ShooterMcGavin
06-27-2006, 11:56 PM
Great... now that the FBI and secret service has already read this thread and you had to bring up Yousef's name into it. I guess we'll be seeing him on the news tomorrow.

i don't know what ur talkin about, i don't see his name anywhere in my post :devil:

Deaf Pimp
06-27-2006, 11:57 PM
i don't know what ur talkin about, i don't see his name anywhere in my post :devil:

Too bad you changed it, assfuck! :king:

civic95
06-28-2006, 07:19 AM
The airline doesn't have a say on which storms to fly thru/land in. The NTSA makes all the decisions. I had to sit on the runway for 1.5hrs Sunday because as soon as we boarded a thunderstorm let loose. But I will sacrifice 1.5hrs to get there safely. I guess getting overtime for sitting there made it not so bad.

The Yousef
06-28-2006, 07:29 AM
okay the terrorist jokes are seriously getting old....

B16a2 Civic
06-28-2006, 07:31 AM

yup

SwurvinIn
06-28-2006, 09:28 AM
:rly:

silver
06-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Wayne I understand your fustration, I have sooo benn there done that.. But when bad weather comes through it could be in the city you are sitting in or a city on the way, the city you are landing in, or it can be a city totally opposite from where you are or even gonna be.. Newark is a smaller airport and plus you have several major airports all close to each other also (New York, PA are a few) so when there is bad weather its jsut crazy. its delaying air space not only where you are but where you are going.. and then when its good to go everyone wants to leave all at once.. it sucks but Newark is soo much better to fly out of during bad weather than Philly (which is where I used to fly into when going up north) I have sat on the runways plenty of times, not taking off until its alreayd an hour after you should of already landed, lol.. its just the cons of flying.. It sucks sometimes..

silver
06-28-2006, 09:41 AM

We can still play with the camel though right?? cuase I like camels!!

silver
06-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Oh another thing that I think is freaky weird.. is when leaving newark to come home.. walking down that one corridor that everyone has to walk trough to get to the gates/planes.. is walking down that hall and knowing that someone that brought alot of tragedy to our country walked down that very hall and it just freaks me out that i have to even walk down that hall.. and that the some people took there last steps on earth walking down that hall.. i dont know why but everytime I have flown out of there since then it disturbs me knowing that..

The Golden Child
06-28-2006, 09:52 AM
OH SHIT a NINJA !!!

Hulud
06-28-2006, 10:07 AM
you want to know the answer?

its cause no one cares about jersey, its the forgotten state

now fuck jersey and dont comeback here asshat

Chris Mazda
06-28-2006, 11:55 AM
The NTSA makes all the decisions.

ntsB or faa

ShooterMcGavin
06-28-2006, 12:16 PM
Oh another thing that I think is freaky weird.. is when leaving newark to come home.. walking down that one corridor that everyone has to walk trough to get to the gates/planes.. is walking down that hall and knowing that someone that brought alot of tragedy to our country walked down that very hall and it just freaks me out that i have to even walk down that hall.. and that the some people took there last steps on earth walking down that hall.. i dont know why but everytime I have flown out of there since then it disturbs me knowing that..

actually i don't think everyone does since newark has 3 different terminals...i believe the planes that were used in the 9/11 attacks on the twin towers belonged to united and american airlines, and while i'm not sure which terminal they're at, i don't think it's terminal b where delta flies in and out of :thinking:

civic95
06-28-2006, 02:11 PM
ntsB or faa

Thats what I meant.

BABY J
06-28-2006, 02:59 PM
It's the FAA.

BigTs13
06-28-2006, 03:11 PM
i know what u mean about the delays. my dad is a pilot for american airlines, and ive been flying since i was born. shit happens. they freak out at airports if theres a fucking cloud in the sky. that why im always toasted when i fly :D . it helps alot.

BABY J
06-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Same here. Got my privates when I was 17 (Civil Air Patrol). A lot of times it depends on VFR or IFR what happens during weather. If the approach is VFR, a lot of times a pilot can "call off" the tower. I did this when I solo'd from OKC to Dallas, TX on my 1st "cross-country". (Yes it's not LITERALLY cross-country, that's just the term given to certain IFR flights (based on flight time and other criteria) when you are getting your license.

TOWER: Sentry62 you're below glidescope please acknowledge
ME: Denton Ground I am visual w/ the runway ack

silence for 2 minutes

TOWER: (aggitated) Sentry62 Denton Ground with you, you are WELL below glidescope
ME: (chipper) Denton Ground, Sentry62 I am visual with the runway, unlimited visibility thanks again

Commercial flights, under IFR the pilots have less control. And sometimes even private flights have less control. I was on approach at Will Rodgers (OKC) and they diverted me to a smaller airport that was LITERALLY only 2 miles away. Winds were out of tolerance at WR but not out of tolerance 2 miles away. Don't get mad at the pilots b/c a lot of times they wanna be a hero and press through, but the FAA or NOAA will not allow it.

ShooterMcGavin
06-29-2006, 12:45 AM
^^^fo sho! in fact the pilots on my delayed flight back today (surprised? i'm not...) hauled ass as much as they could, cutting in front of like 4 other planes in the takeoff line and gettin early clearance from hartsfield :goodjob:

ahmonrah
06-29-2006, 01:09 AM
okay the terrorist jokes are seriously getting old....sorta like leaving a honeybun out for 3 weeks unwrapped and expecting it to be soft.....throw it out peoples!!!!!!!!!!!!!!`

CSquared
06-29-2006, 01:21 AM
About a year ago i sat at laguardia airport for over 9 hours waiting for our plane to arrive... Obviously waiting to fly back in to ga.

We were supposed to depart around 3pm... Wound up taking off a few minutes after 12am.