PDA

View Full Version : Gun question

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 04:18 PM
is it legal to carry an ak47 pistol in your car since its not a rifle and considered a pistol?

~The_Duke~
06-27-2006, 04:21 PM
wha? an AK47 pistol...umm what the fuck is that...pic plz...

The Golden Child
hmmm AK47 pistol ?? pictures ??

BABY J
RUINER??

PhAtBoYMr2
06-27-2006, 04:23 PM
ak47 is considerd an assault rifle homeboy

BABY J
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/GBIMAGES/akpistol.jpg

~The_Duke~
Ya but he says it is an AK47 pistol...though...

Ran
06-27-2006, 04:24 PM
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/GBIMAGES/akpistol.jpgWell now...that's hurt in a handbag.

~The_Duke~
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/GBIMAGES/akpistol.jpg

Judging from this picture here I am going to no you are not allow to carry that in your car...

BABY J
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/listview.asp?CatId=2

The Golden Child
06-27-2006, 04:25 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!

HAIL NAH you cant have that in your daym car .. lolz

PSINXS
ak47 is considerd an assault rifle homeboy
wrong mark. they have rifle and pistol versions. i win you lose lolz

here is a pic. http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=7

tony
damn Brandon, plan on going into a war zone?

Ran
06-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Dang...this thread makes me want to play Goldeneye 64.

The Golden Child
but hmmm where can i get one of those and how much are they ??

BABY J
I say it's STILL an AK-47 STANDARD assault rifle, modified to be maneuvarable for close combat or urban warefare. STILL classifies as a rifle. For example, a riot pump is STILL a pump action rifle. No dice! Do NOT carry in your car unless you have a permit, which you will most likely NOT get.

~The_Duke~
That is just an AK47 with just a pistol grip on it with a shorter barrel...

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 04:27 PM
i dont see why not though. its a pistol no dif from a .50 call d eagle or something. it jsut ahs a banana magazine. thats why i was hoping someone would know for sure. just cuz it looks intimidating doesnt mean it cant be carried.

~The_Duke~
06-27-2006, 04:28 PM
I would call up the court house on that one...cas there is a possibly that could cas it is says pistol, but as baby j it fires the same ammo as an AK47 Standard, but is just modded to be smaller...

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 04:29 PM
I say it's STILL an AK-47 STANDARD assault rifle, modified to be maneuvarable for close combat or urban warefare. STILL classifies as a rifle. For example, a riot pump is STILL a pump action rifle. No dice! Do NOT carry in your car unless you have a permit, which you will most likely NOT get.
i can get a license to carry and conceal a firearm easily. i have no felonies, misdemeanors or any other violations. the licesns to crry is not the problem. just wondering if thats allowed to be aconcealable firearm. if not, i'll just keep that in the house and carry the glock in the car.

PhAtBoYMr2
not sure if its the same, but there was a permit available that let you carry a rifle in the car. The rifle had to be visible,unloaded,safety engaged and on a gun rack....not sure if its the same laws

BTEC
i had ne but the bitch in the pic stole it after she took the pic with it. imma get her ass though, fuh real. its been like 4 yrs now, shit.

BABY J
06-27-2006, 04:30 PM
i dont see why not though. its a pistol no dif from a .50 call d eagle or something. it jsut ahs a banana magazine. thats why i was hoping someone would know for sure. just cuz it looks intimidating doesnt mean it cant be carried.

It's NOT a pistol. It's a RIFLE modified to be a pistol. Is THIS (VVV) still a sub compact??? Is still a grocery getter??? The "I wasn't sure officer" will most not likely work if you're caught w/ an AK47 pistol.

The Golden Child
i can get a license to carry and conceal a firearm easily. i have no felonies, misdemeanors or any other violations. the licesns to crry is not the problem. just wondering if thats allowed to be aconcealable firearm. if not, i'll just keep that in the house and carry the glock in the car.

id say carry the glock and keep the heavy duty at home ..

TheSnail
You can keep it in the trunk touble free. You can carry it through states in the trunk. But there are a couple of states up north that say you have to have the gun in the trunk and the ammo in the car, sepperated from each other. But the good old southern states are all gravy.

BABY J
06-27-2006, 04:32 PM

I have twin Gloc 23s that are always an arms length away. I have had a CWP since I was 22. I'd bet they figure out what's a handgun or not by the serial #. And what's gonna pop up when they run the SN on your modified AK?? RIFLE!!!

BABY J
06-27-2006, 04:36 PM
You can keep it in the trunk touble free. You can carry it through states in the trunk. But there are a couple of states up north that say you have to have the gun in the trunk and the ammo in the car, sepperated from each other. But the good old southern states are all gravy.

Do NOT go by this guys information/advice. Shortening the barrel on a rifle past a certain length (diff rules for diff rifles actually, it's not industry standard--> weird) is a felony. So yeah, you have it in your trunk and they don't site you for concealing a weapon. But they site you for illegelly modifying a firearm w/ intent to cause more damage than designed. Hmmmm :thinking:

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 04:36 PM
It's NOT a pistol. It's a RIFLE modified to be a pistol. Is THIS (VVV) still a sub compact??? Is still a grocery getter??? The "I wasn't sure officer" will most not likely work if you're caught w/ an AK47 pistol.
why the hostility? and i woudlnt be caughtin a wasnt sure officer situation. i ask questiosn first. i am fine with just carrying a glock in the car. i would like the rifle license because then i would just buy the ak rifle and have it where i can transport it to a range.

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 04:37 PM
I have twin Gloc 23s that are always an arms length away. I have had a CWP since I was 22. I'd bet they figure out what's a handgun or not by the serial #. And what's gonna pop up when they run the SN on your modified AK?? RIFLE!!!
its not a modified AK. its produced that way from the factory as a pistol. it is not an add on or accessory. they are produced that way. in RIFLE or PISTOL form.

Scrilla
06-27-2006, 04:37 PM
hmmmm...interesting..

BABY J
06-27-2006, 04:40 PM
why the hostility? and i woudlnt be caughtin a wasnt sure officer situation. i ask questiosn first. i am fine with just carrying a glock in the car. i would like the rifle license because then i would just buy the ak rifle and have it where i can transport it to a range.

Dude I am not hostile man. It's the internet. Maybe I come off that way :thinking:... it's the 3rd time I have heard that this week, LOL.

~The_Duke~
06-27-2006, 04:40 PM
its not a modified AK. its produced that way from the factory as a pistol. it is not an add on or accessory. they are produced that way. in RIFLE or PISTOL form.

I guess the question here is does the government consider it a modded AK47 or an AK47 Pistol...

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 04:41 PM
ohio is that way. a friend of mine had an ar-15. said he had to have empty magazines out of the firearm and away from it, rifle in plain sight.

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 04:41 PM
Dude I am not hostile man. It's the internet. Maybe I come off that way :thinking:... it's the 3rd time I have heard that this week, LOL.
my bad. you just type with such excitement lol

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 04:42 PM
I guess the question here is does the government consider it a modded AK47 or an AK47 Pistol...
which is what i want to know. hopefully they'll consider it a pistol cuz of its production be that way. but they could still classify it as a rifle.

BABY J
06-27-2006, 04:43 PM
my bad. you just type with such excitement lol

Yeah... it's b/c I'm gangsta and exciting. LOL

~The_Duke~
06-27-2006, 04:47 PM
which is what i want to know. hopefully they'll consider it a pistol cuz of its production be that way. but they could still classify it as a rifle.

I am going to say that no one on here would know the answer cas I dont think we have any lawyers or judges or cops on here...I know Darling Nikki is good friends with a cop, but I would say just call the branch of government that deals with the weopen linceases and ask wither or not this weopen is considered a pistol, SMG, or rifle. Cas it very well might be considered SMG cas of the size.

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 04:49 PM
thanks. i'll probably just call the rockdale courthourse and see what they say

BABY J
06-27-2006, 04:50 PM
http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.php?st=ga

ahmonrah
06-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Dang...this thread makes me want to play Goldeneye 64.or if you have a gun, play with it. ~heads upstairs to get ginette~

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 04:54 PM
http://www.bradycampaign.org/legislation/state/viewstate.php?st=ga
you fuckin rock!

BABY J
06-27-2006, 04:55 PM
**ahem** well you know... that's what all the ladies say.

**loox around. sees no ladies**

Well, that's what they USED to say.

LordMDP
06-27-2006, 04:56 PM
tolda ya wrong -EDIT-

An Ar15 or Ak47 pistol is classified as a regular pistol as long as it was done legally

its just like buying any other pistol

IF you added a stock it would be highly illegal unless you resgsieterd it as a SBR(short barrel rifle) which is a class 3 weapon

they are legal in Georgia but you have to go through many forms ect

go to ar15.com for more info

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 04:59 PM
thank the lord for his insight. +s

Ruiner
06-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Listen, it's VERY simple:

Classify the weapon (pistol vs rifle). Then, observe the laws that are used for said type of weapon. If it is classified as a pistol, then you need to observe pistol carry rules. If it is a rifle, then you observe rifle carry rules.

If you want my opinion, that is a rifle. It is a "shorty" version of a rifle, but a rifle none the less. They try to call it a pistol to avoid having a stock, folding or not, and a 16" barrel, but you get the idea. You might want to check on the legality of that weapon in terms of its classification. If they will classify it as a pistol, then that answers your questions.

Ruiner
06-27-2006, 05:53 PM

Correct...

Ruiner
06-27-2006, 05:54 PM
thanks. i'll probably just call the rockdale courthourse and see what they say

Call the GA ATF. Trust me. Get the federal government's opinion on this, not some local backwoods police officer.

RandomGuy
06-27-2006, 05:58 PM
this is just a guess... but months ago whenever I went to the gun shops, they were stacked with AK's... Now apparently the brady bill is reenacted. I think they said it is going to be harder to get an AK, but if you already have one, you can keep it or sell it. Maybe these AK "pistols" are just ways around that rule? Who knows :dunno:

Ruiner
06-27-2006, 06:11 PM
this is just a guess... but months ago whenever I went to the gun shops, they were stacked with AK's... Now apparently the brady bill is reenacted. I think they said it is going to be harder to get an AK, but if you already have one, you can keep it or sell it. Maybe these AK "pistols" are just ways around that rule? Who knows :dunno:

Huh? Proof of this? I have all types of guns and I have never heard about this. When you make a statement like this, make sure that it is 100% accurate when discussing firearms.

Crazy Asian
06-27-2006, 06:15 PM
That's Cali for you. Not here.

RandomGuy
06-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Huh? Proof of this? I have all types of guns and I have never heard about this. When you make a statement like this, make sure that it is 100% accurate when discussing firearms.
nah some type of breaking news.... but see i heard theres some legislation in GA on bringin it back. (let it be clear i'm not sure of this... but i had a talk about this a few days ago w/ some friends and it was brought up..... hence the " :dunno: ")
maybe google it?

I'm sure its still golden, but maybe soon it wont be? BC you can still get AK's on gunbroker and have them registered at your local dealer.

Stormhammer
06-28-2006, 01:24 AM
I wanna go play CS now - I saw my Defender ( aka Galil ) for sale lol