PDA

View Full Version : Totally lost....

HvyArms
06-27-2006, 02:59 PM
I'm ordering some headlamps from Sweden, just as I'm abou tto complete the order the guy sends me an email saying the headlamps are only rated for off-road use. So I ask him to clarify, and this is what he sends. Anyone know what it means? Can I or can't I use these lights on the street. I sooo dont wanna spend $600 on some lights that I cant use.

Dear Sir

I talked to the company who are selling these headlights. The headlights are not SAE-DOT marked, they are only E-marked. So if they should be mounted on a car in the US they can only be used OFF-ROAD.

Best regards

Henrik

dereksi
06-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Mine are for off road use only.....fuk it.

bigdare23
06-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Are they factory lights or aftermarket? If they are factory lights, more than likely they don't have a lens covering the bulb (making them not dot). An example is my (JDM) EF8 headlights, my low beam are brighter than most high beams because that covering is not reflecting the light back.

IntegraXTR
06-27-2006, 03:20 PM
no one gives a shit if its off road use or not, if you want them then get it.

HvyArms
06-27-2006, 03:26 PM
no one gives a shit if its off road use or not, if you want them then get it.

Yeah man but I dont wanna get pulled over every 5 blocks because I'm DWB aaaand my lights are too bright.

Bigdare, yeah they are aftermarket projector lenses. I've been all suped up to ger them, and now this bulllllllllcrap. what to do, what to do? Whats E marked anyway?

SPOOLIN
06-27-2006, 03:32 PM
who gives a fuck about not being DOT approved, no official on this side of the country could care less. im more worried about you spending 600$!!! on a set of headlights.

bigdare23
06-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Yeah man but I dont wanna get pulled over every 5 blocks because I'm DWB aaaand my lights are too bright.

Bigdare, yeah they are aftermarket projector lenses. I've been all suped up to ger them, and now this bulllllllllcrap. what to do, what to do? Whats E marked anyway?

Well, my headlight were bright as hell with the factory bulb, so I use a tinted bulb (yellow) to tone it down a little (not too much). I would still get them if you like them. I really doubt you are going to get a ticket for them.

HvyArms
06-27-2006, 03:36 PM
who gives a fuck about not being DOT approved, no official on this side of the country could care less. im more worried about you spending 600$!!! on a set of headlights.

I drive a car from Sweden, I swear everything on my car costs 600 bux. Want new headlamps, 600 bux, new decals, 600 bux, antenna, 600 bux lol. Volume control knob for the stock stereo 600 muthaBLEEPIN bux. Cest la vie