PDA

View Full Version : Parents Just Dont Understand

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 11:52 AM
I recently moved out of my parents because of religious differences. ever since I've been gone they have been the most pessimistic people. I love them to death but what the hell? HOw are you supposed to build someone up if you are constantly telling them"you wont make it out there". you wont be able to eat, you wont pay your bills, you cant survive, you need to come back. I have been doing decent for most that moved out with literally nothing but clothes and a car. My friends have had my back through all of it. The same friends they said dont care about me and will turn their backs on me. Hmm wrong again mom and dad!!! i lost my cell phone yesterday and the first thing my dad said was "you cant win". WTF? No dang that sucks, or its alright jsut get another one, or do you need help getting another one, or want to borrow my phone? They chastise me and put me down and make me feel like crap. but i have been the happiest since i've been out of the house. I am starting to think my bouts with depression stemmed from them. i've gotten worried at times about scraping up pennies to make it, but never really depressed. i am happy as all hell. But i come back here and its depressing.

i just got a new job and they had nothing good to say. No congratualtions. WHy do u want to work way out there? ts not enough money, thats too far, do u want to do that, i dont like that job. Not once did they say i am happy you got some income coming in. Or maybe things will be better you;ve got steady money. They shit on everything i want to do in my life.

dereksi
06-27-2006, 11:54 AM
STAY AT HOME AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!!!! it fucking sucks paying rent and bills and food and gas. just stay home. Lol

B16a2 Civic
06-27-2006, 11:57 AM
i feel ya, parents are like that, in their eyes im sure they think they are helping

but yeah derek, you are right

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 11:57 AM
i wouldnt come back for anything. I love them but i was very unhappy and it was very detrimental to my physical health. Look at some of my past rants and posts. you wouldnt stay here either. i'd rather struggle and eat ramen noodles and be happy than be miserable eating steak and lobster rent free.

better yet ask tasuki Civic. she knows a lot of what i have been through and struggled with. she even noticed how much happier i am.

Nopaintsls
06-27-2006, 11:58 AM
STAY AT HOME AS LONG AS POSSIBLE!!!! it fucking sucks paying rent and bills and food and gas. just stay home. Lol

I agree, STAY HOME like he said... I left my house for bout a year or more... then came back. I guess I wasn't ready for it.

Tasuki_Civic
06-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Brandon your doing a GREAT JOB keep it up. nothing feels better than when you accomplish shit on your own. you know your paretns love you but its tiem for you to grow. if you get in a real jam....they will be there for you reguardless. You know what would happen if you go back home. Its all a huslte....get yours but do it the right way or it will come back to you 3 times worse.

smoetimes its hard to stay on the right track when its your first time out....dealing with parents like yours. so keep it tight

B16a2 Civic
06-27-2006, 12:00 PM
im out teh house now, i wont lie, going back is hard, get too many habits.
but in the end happiness is where its at

BTEC
06-27-2006, 12:02 PM
damn that shit. gtfo and stay out. i say if u dnt like the living condition, make a change. ive been trying to cath up with ur punk ass for months and uve been on lock.

congrads on the job, i know how it feels to loose a phone. i lose one a year so far. if u really think about the saying "make ur haters ur motivators" it kinda makes u feel better. use their negative talk as motivation, thats what i do.

Nopaintsls
06-27-2006, 12:02 PM
Its all a huslte....get yours but do it the right way or it will come back to you 3 times worse.

smoetimes its hard to stay on the right track when its your first time out....dealing with parents like yours. so keep it tight

god damn gurl... preach on!!! :goodjob: lol

Tiff-O-Bitties
06-27-2006, 12:03 PM
I was happier when I left my parents house.. we argued for a long time, but then when they realized I wasn't struggling and I was living the life I wanted, they backed off... They'll get used to it eventually...

Crazy Asian
Ya...I got pimped slap though. I got an apartment with 4 friends and what not and I was like "Aww shit" Then my dad comes in my room and finds the paperwork and the pictures of the place and he goes "WTF is this?" and I'm like "I'm moving out." ~SLAP~"BITCH YOU AINT MOVING OUT!!!" I was like "WTF??" So I had to remove the deposit and what do you know they sold the house to move closer to college which was only 30 minutes away. And ya he's a pastor too he thinks I'm gonna commit sin. HAHAHH

Tasuki_Civic
i wouldnt come back for anything. I love them but i was very unhappy and it was very detrimental to my physical health. Look at some of my past rants and posts. you wouldnt stay here either. i'd rather struggle and eat ramen noodles and be happy than be miserable eating steak and lobster rent free.

better yet ask tasuki Civic. she knows a lot of what i have been through and struggled with. she even noticed how much happier i am.

and yes your much more happier now than when you were befroe. ive been there and done that. so i understand completely. many pple have told me to saty home but they didnt understand.

sometimes its best to struggle to get what you want. you appreciate it more and you have no one to answer to but yourself

SLow_POke
shit my parents made me get a job when i was younger .they wanted me to move out LOL .. said ur 18 get ur own Apt.. . you shouldahve been raised around mexican parents .:crazy:

BTEC
shet up chump, u got it made.

BTEC
06-27-2006, 12:04 PM
and yes your much more happier now than when you were befroe. ive been there and done that. so i understand completely. many pple have told me to saty home but they didnt understand.

sometimes its best to struggle to get what you want. you appreciate it more and you have no one to answer to but yourself
well said, my mom taught me that long ago. i didnt understand it til i experienced it.

dereksi
06-27-2006, 12:05 PM
shet up chump, u got it made.
LOL how??

PSINXS

exactly. i am proud i have made it this far. and they said it couldnt be done. thanks D

Tasuki_Civic
Ya...I got pimped slap though. I got an apartment with 4 friends and what not and I was like "Aww shit" Then my dad comes in my room and finds the paperwork and the pictures of the place and he goes "WTF is this?" and I'm like "I'm moving out." ~SLAP~"BITCH YOU AINT MOVING OUT!!!" I was like "WTF??" So I had to remove the deposit and what do you know they sold the house to move closer to college which was only 30 minutes away. And ya he's a pastor too he thinks I'm gonna commit sin. HAHAHH

Got dayum!!?? fuck that i would have told him im really leaving now. FUCK ALL YALL.......and then i would have left.

BTEC
06-27-2006, 12:06 PM
LOL how??
fuccing gold mine job of urs. lay back and hold out ur hand.

PSINXS
damn that shit. gtfo and stay out. i say if u dnt like the living condition, make a change. ive been trying to cath up with ur punk ass for months and uve been on lock.

congrads on the job, i know how it feels to loose a phone. i lose one a year so far. if u really think about the saying "make ur haters ur motivators" it kinda makes u feel better. use their negative talk as motivation, thats what i do.
yeah they wouldnt let me go anywhere! now i do what i want with my friends.
and pm me you and jamese numbers.
you too Tasuki.

Tasuki_Civic
well said, my mom taught me that long ago. i didnt understand it til i experienced it.

my parents aint tech me that i learned tha hard way.

Crazy Asian
I can't. I was stunned. HAHAHAH AND HE WAS A PASTOR ON TOP OF IT!! He didn't care about the bills and what not. He was scared that I was gonna get drunk and smoke and fuck and swear and what not.

dereksi
06-27-2006, 12:07 PM
fuccing gold mine job of urs. lay back and hold out ur hand.
Yea I got lucky :D

Tasuki_Civic
06-27-2006, 12:07 PM
you too Tasuki.

nicca you should know my numba by heart!!!!!! lol jk

BTEC
06-27-2006, 12:08 PM
you too Tasuki.
oh shit, i see the sig. i had homeboys that worked there when i used to wrk at team ford of marietta. lol!!! that cool as hell. if u need to know some ford tricks holler at me.. wait let me pm u my numbuh. :D

Nopaintsls
06-27-2006, 12:09 PM
I can't. I was stunned. HAHAHAH AND HE WAS A PASTOR ON TOP OF IT!! He didn't care about the bills and what not. He was scared that I was gonna get drunk and smoke and fuck and swear and what not.

:lmfao:

Tasuki_Civic
06-27-2006, 12:10 PM

thats why they have this quote called " YOU LIVE AND YOU LEARN" in the end you will know where you want to be. you are your own person. you either walk how your parents want you to walk or have your own swagga...i choose my own walk. and so did Brandon and lot others cause they understand that they have their own life to live

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 12:10 PM
nicca you should know my numba by heart!!!!!! lol jk
lol i really should.

and jesse yeah teach me some game on the Fords

B16a2 Civic
06-27-2006, 12:11 PM

so your a virgin?

PSINXS
lol B

Crazy Asian
Blahahaha and he's still afraid that I'm a pick up and leave so he leaves a Franklin every week. HAHAHHHAH

B16a2 Civic
06-27-2006, 12:13 PM
PARENT ALERT, BRETTS IN HERE

The Golden Child
06-27-2006, 12:14 PM
well hope everything turns out good for you ..

dereksi
06-27-2006, 12:18 PM
PARENT ALERT, BRETTS IN HERE
Oh shit :lmfao:

Tasuki_Civic
06-27-2006, 12:20 PM
so your a virgin?

thats funny you caught that

nightracer
06-27-2006, 12:30 PM
Brandon your doing a GREAT JOB keep it up. nothing feels better than when you accomplish shit on your own. you know your paretns love you but its tiem for you to grow. if you get in a real jam....they will be there for you reguardless. You know what would happen if you go back home. Its all a huslte....get yours but do it the right way or it will come back to you 3 times worse.

u, me & brandon would have fun as room mates. :goodjob:

B16a2 Civic
06-27-2006, 12:31 PM
thats funny you caught that
im very observant, VERY

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 12:33 PM
we'd hardly be at home since we all party hardy lolz neighbors be like is that apartment empty?

Ruiner
06-27-2006, 12:38 PM

I disagree. Move out as soon as you can. I moved out when I was 18 and went to college. I haven't lived at home since. We got along great and had no problems. I wanted to be my own man. I LOVE my parents to death, but I also wanted to make it on my own. Paying rent, bills, gas, food, etc is part of growing up. I need my private space and time as well. I can't imagine it being fun to bring a girl back to your parent's house when you are 20 or 21 years old.

"Hey, Baby, be quiet. My dad is a light sleeper..."

:lmfao::lmfao:

Fuck that... Get out, get on your own, and make something of yourself. :)

Ruiner
06-27-2006, 12:39 PM
I agree, STAY HOME like he said... I left my house for bout a year or more... then came back. I guess I wasn't ready for it.

What? No. How old are you?

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 12:39 PM
For what its worth, i'd def listen to ruiner. hasnt said a piece of bad advice once.

SwurvinIn
06-27-2006, 12:40 PM
i was sorta forced to go on my own...my parents moved to pennsylvania and unless i wanted to freeze my nuts off i had to learn to make it on my own...they've been there 2 years and ive been fine....not as hard as ppl make it out to be, just gotta be money smart!

Ruiner
06-27-2006, 12:43 PM
so your a virgin?

you're

Think of it this way: if you can put "you are" in there, then the proper word is "you're". If it "belongs" to you, then the proper word is "your".

Ruiner
06-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Blahahaha and he's still afraid that I'm a pick up and leave so he leaves a Franklin every week. HAHAHHHAH

At almost 20 years old, it's about time to move out. How do you bring girls over to your pad? I mean, ugg.... I couldn't even imagine.

B16a2 Civic
06-27-2006, 12:46 PM
you're

Think of it this way: if you can put "you are" in there, then the proper word is "you're". If it "belongs" to you, then the proper word is "your".

I just type too quickly to use the proper version of the word, but i gotcha

Ruiner
06-27-2006, 12:46 PM
For what its worth, i'd def listen to ruiner. hasnt said a piece of bad advice once.

Along the lines of what others have told you: Get out, find your own way, and make your own life. It's the only real way that you'll appreciate all that you have accomplished. You'll reflect back and think about how you did it all on your own.

Sure, it is nice to have the help of parents, but there comes a time when you have to leave the nest; when you have to be a man.

Good luck! Keep pushing through, no matter how hard.

IntegraXTR
06-27-2006, 12:49 PM
what ever makes you happy go with it man, I've been out on my own for about 3 years now and its not all that great to have to pay for everything but you do get the satisfactory of knowing you did it on your own. I would love to go back home and live rent free but its not something I can do.

GTScoob
06-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Along the lines of what others have told you: Get out, find your own way, and make your own life. It's the only real way that you'll appreciate all that you have accomplished. You'll reflect back and think about how you did it all on your own.

Sure, it is nice to have the help of parents, but there comes a time when you have to leave the nest; when you have to be a man.

Good luck! Keep pushing through, no matter how hard.

Great advice. My parents are helping me out a lot by paying my rent as long as I'm in college. I've actually gotten a lot closer with them since I quit seeing them on a daily basis.

Brandon, have you told them how much it seems like they are just pushing you away with their comments? It sounds like they're just having problems with you being on your own, they probably just want what is best for you and are going about the situation the wrong way.

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 01:27 PM
no i havent told them how their comments make me feel. i should though. I wouldnt trade living on my own for anything right now. But they really do push me away and make me not want to return even more.

Ruiner
06-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Brandon, have you told them how much it seems like they are just pushing you away with their comments? It sounds like they're just having problems with you being on your own, they probably just want what is best for you and are going about the situation the wrong way.

I read this and thought that you were talking to me... Damn, there are too many Brandon's on this board.

ahmonrah
06-27-2006, 02:42 PM
let's see. my life in a nut shell.....6 days after graduatin HS i was a serviceman.
i was 17.
fast forward 11 years to now, i've rented 5-6 different apartments, owned a house and after a nerly dying i'm at my folks for the first time. hate it but they are supportive and cool cause they know i'm not gonna be there too much longer. now i'm jumping out again with no intentions of going back. once was enough. i'm busy as hell right now so i'm hardly there. congrats on the move dawg.
i've seen life at all standpoints, including the end of life, but it's made me stronger. enjoy your new accomplishment, there are many more on the way, and some will hurt before you get them but it makes getting them worth it.

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Oh my god. My dad blamed me losing my phone on moving out and not being ajehovah witness. WTF!!! i asked if i lost it at work is work bad and it made me lose my phone? no answer lol thats fuckin retarded. if you lived at home maybe you wouldnt have lost it. u hang with a lot of people and go out a lot so you are irresponsible. I'd die before i come back here.

tony
06-27-2006, 03:13 PM
My situation is the opposite, I actually take care of one of my parents and they still work my nerves.. depending on your relationship with your parents after a certain age you should only deal with them on a certain level, and living with them is not one of those levels.

green91
06-27-2006, 07:02 PM
I moved out when i was 18, 60 miles from home and never looked back. Ive since moved back closer to my mom.. but ill never move back in with the 'rents unless for some reason i quit my job and go back to college and cant afford to live away.

Tasuki_Civic
06-27-2006, 07:32 PM

lamo Psinxs is right. we would always be out and if we were home we would all be sleep or it would be cookouts or parties goin down. it would either be a house full of pple or no one at all. lol

Julio
06-27-2006, 07:45 PM
My parents stopped helping me @17, I said fuc* school. They said, you go to work son. Havent looked back since.

RandomGuy
06-27-2006, 07:47 PM
I recently moved out of my parents because of religious differences. ever since I've been gone they have been the most pessimistic people. I love them to death but what the hell? HOw are you supposed to build someone up if you are constantly telling them"you wont make it out there". you wont be able to eat, you wont pay your bills, you cant survive, you need to come back. I have been doing decent for most that moved out with literally nothing but clothes and a car. My friends have had my back through all of it. The same friends they said dont care about me and will turn their backs on me. Hmm wrong again mom and dad!!! i lost my cell phone yesterday and the first thing my dad said was "you cant win". WTF? No dang that sucks, or its alright jsut get another one, or do you need help getting another one, or want to borrow my phone? They chastise me and put me down and make me feel like crap. but i have been the happiest since i've been out of the house. I am starting to think my bouts with depression stemmed from them. i've gotten worried at times about scraping up pennies to make it, but never really depressed. i am happy as all hell. But i come back here and its depressing.

i just got a new job and they had nothing good to say. No congratualtions. WHy do u want to work way out there? ts not enough money, thats too far, do u want to do that, i dont like that job. Not once did they say i am happy you got some income coming in. Or maybe things will be better you;ve got steady money. They shit on everything i want to do in my life.

you should slay them, that'd show 'em

Tasuki_Civic
06-27-2006, 07:48 PM
My parents stopped helping me @17, I said fuc* school. They said, you go to work son. Havent looked back since.

Just like a mexican...........lol jk

SampaGuy
06-27-2006, 07:49 PM
glad to hear things are getting better brandon

Julio
06-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Just like a mexican...........lol jk

To bad Im not mexican.. :eye: ;)

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 08:00 PM
thanks all yall

§treet_§peed
06-27-2006, 08:06 PM
wasn't the title of this thread a Will Smith song?? lol j/k dude, i'm about to move try moving out on my own in about a half of year and my parents are like wtf and discouraging to. just do what makes you happy

§treet_§peed
06-27-2006, 08:08 PM
but for real though, i'm trying to stay at home as long as possible untiol i get my ca through and get thru tech school and get my licences. but hell i still pay bills livein at home...