PDA

View Full Version : a different path?

dartingd
06-27-2006, 11:46 AM
well, i have a diploma/degree/w/e you wanna call it in drafting, but i hate drafting after doing it for a company in toccoa, ga. i've been doing this commercial carpet sales thing w/ traveling and stuff for the past 9 months, and it's not too bad, but sales aren't that great, due to the fact that my boss wants 25% profit on everything we do, so i'm thinking about opening a landscaping business...i've been reading up on what it takes to get started money-wise and such, but was wondering if there's anything else i might could consider...drafting will be a no unless it's with cars, and i wouldn't mind sales again, but at the same time, i need time to train on my bike, so i'd have to be off work by 4:30/5:00 at the latest every day...what do you guys think?

Romeyo07
06-27-2006, 01:18 PM
I've been using AutoCAD since I was 13. There's a lot of money to be made doing what we do. I don't have a degree, but I take home a good amount of money (pm me if you care to know). I'm not bragging, just telling you that its a great industry to be in that pays well and leads you into a career. I'm in the Land Surveying industry, but engineering, architectual, etc. industries pay well.

Since I've been doing this, my average time for getting off of work was between 3 and 5.

PSINXS
06-27-2006, 01:20 PM
you have a degree. doors are open for you. that piece of paper allows to have lots of choices outside your field. a lot of companies like degrees because it shows you stick with something long term. Take time,s it back, and think about what it is you want to do. you dont have to settle. i was i need of a job but didnt settle for anything. I am doing something now i think i will enjoy since i love cars and people. then i got things on the side i like to do for fun.

so in short just think about what you want to do. You can really do anything you want to.

dartingd
06-27-2006, 01:33 PM
imma have to reflect on this..i'll know august 1st if my job is gonna last longer...