PDA

View Full Version : a little help?

HvyArms
06-26-2006, 09:17 PM
Honestly, I dont know much about suspension so be patient with me:)

I'd like to lower my car, but I'm concerned that doing so would result in a really bumpy ride. My car is a daily driver. I was thinking of getting new shocks, struts, and springs. But my question is, is it possible to ride low and smooth?

Could anyone suggest some quality parts for me? Or should I just drop my car off at AutoFab and let them work magic...oh yeah, I'm broke

HvyArms
06-27-2006, 01:40 PM
bump. cuz I need feedback

99SI
06-27-2006, 01:59 PM
I don't know much about specific kits but you are going to compromise some ride qualit with lowering springs and more aggressive shocks/struts. I run a coilover that is designed for max grip and handling so it does not ride too well, not as bad as some but definately not stock. Probably your best bet would be to get an eibach sport kit or H & R kit with KYB or similar shock. What car is this going on?

HvyArms
06-27-2006, 02:15 PM
is the car in my sig visible? All I see is a red x for some odd reason, wasnt like that before. The car is a volvo C70R, heavy ass car. The suspension is "sports tuned" as it is, but it's kinda rough at times. I wanna lower it to increase performance, but I dont want the car to shake itself apart you know? I dont think eibach has a full kit for it, but H&R does, I guess Im just wondering what to expect.

Also though, my car wallows. Is that because of the struts?

99SI
06-27-2006, 03:52 PM
it's a Volvo? wow, I really am lost there. Good luck. If H&R sells a kit then thats probably the best way to go. Don't expect it to do a whole hell of a lot though because of the other things associated with handling, weight, chassis flex, sway bars, etc. It will make the car stiffer and therefore the ride will be stiffer. You can't expect to have factory ride compliance and a "sportier" ride. I doubt an H&R kit for your car will shake your fillings loose but it will not be as "cushy" as stock.

HvyArms
06-27-2006, 07:18 PM
thanks for all your feedback

yerrow
07-07-2006, 11:31 PM
check out ipdusa.com

http://www.ipdusa.com/ProductsCat.aspx?CategoryID=1687&NodeID=5235&RootID=629

and don't forget the swedespeed.com and volvospeed forums