PDA

View Full Version : I found my Stolen EG...

uproot
06-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Well I just got a letter in the mail from a Wrecker Service in Atlanta, and apparently they have had my car since 2/12/2006....

which was right after it was stolen.

Well in order for me to get it back, I would have to pay a $125 towing fee, an $80 administrative cost, and here's the kicker...

$15 for every day it has been there.... 134 days. that would be $2010.

So I was wondering if any of you guys knew something I could do?

The letter is dated June 5th, so theres no way they tried to send it to me any earlier... what a freakin rip off....

Julio
06-26-2006, 07:13 PM
that blows bro.. there has to be one mayor mofo loop hole for them to that shit.. totally fucking unfair.. make me think sometimes they have something to do with that shit.

uproot
06-26-2006, 07:14 PM
that blows bro..

yeah man you're tellin me....

i did talk with a co-worker and she said that she was in the same situation, and she had to fill out some forms and get an investigator involved and got most of the fees waived....

i just hope i'll have that good of luck.

uproot
06-26-2006, 07:16 PM
totally fucking unfair.. make me think sometimes they have something to do with that shit.

yeah for real... i was actually reading up on the law, and they are supposed to get my info from the police officer that got them to tow my vehicle within 3 days of impound.

well they waited 4 fucking months... total b/s.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
06-26-2006, 08:00 PM
yeah for real... i was actually reading up on the law, and they are supposed to get my info from the police officer that got them to tow my vehicle within 3 days of impound.

well they waited 4 fucking months... total b/s.

definately..

if you made the police report when you reported your car stolen, they should have assigned you an (follow-up) investigator. with that being said, the towing company should be liable for not contacting you within the 3 days of taking your car into possession. it wasn't your fault that they WAITED for 4 months to finally inform you of them having your car. So you might want to call the police and tell them your case # and find out who your investigator was and forward him all your information. most likely, I can only see you paying for the towing fee and admin fee, not STORAGE..

btw, shouldn't your insurance company have been informed of the car being there?

...sketchy sketchy..

uproot
06-26-2006, 08:21 PM
definately..

if you made the police report when you reported your car stolen, they should have assigned you an (follow-up) investigator. with that being said, the towing company should be liable for not contacting you within the 3 days of taking your car into possession. it wasn't your fault that they WAITED for 4 months to finally inform you of them having your car. So you might want to call the police and tell them your case # and find out who your investigator was and forward him all your information. most likely, I can only see you paying for the towing fee and admin fee, not STORAGE..

btw, shouldn't your insurance company have been informed of the car being there?

...sketchy sketchy..

ok cool.. yeah i will definitely call the atlanta police tomorrow and try to get everything situated. I called the wrecker service, and apparently they can't find my ticket? so he said i should call back in the morning and, i guess speak with someone who might actually know whats up.....

and about the insurance, yeah i would think that they should have been informed.... but if they werent tryin to inform me i cant see them informing anyone else....

Vteckidd
06-26-2006, 08:24 PM
yeah tell them to SHUT THE FUCK UP.

BY LAW they haev to NOTIFY you, an if its dated June 5th, then you have to pay storage from June5th till today.

THEY CANNOT CHARGE YOU STORAGE from FEB, THAT IS ILLEGAL an they can be sued for illegal theft or ransom.

Contact the police, then call your lawyer.

i find it funny how your car gets stolen, recovered an you have to pay the impound fee. makes me wonder whose behind this. In Arizona, they contact you when they find the car, YOU have the choice of where the car goes once its recovered. if you dont answerthe police impound it for 5 days before it goes to a wrecker yard.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
06-26-2006, 08:25 PM
ok cool.. yeah i will definitely call the atlanta police tomorrow and try to get everything situated. I called the wrecker service, and apparently they can't find my ticket? so he said i should call back in the morning and, i guess speak with someone who might actually know whats up.....

and about the insurance, yeah i would think that they should have been informed.... but if they werent tryin to inform me i cant see them informing anyone else....

thats why we have insurance, so they can follow up.. I mean wtf.. but with APD, it takes them forever to respond and perform other functions, I can only imagine their investigators being bogged down with too much paper work and other pending cases and the could be a reason why your case was still "pending investigation" but with this new info. this will make the investigators job a lot easier and making you get your car back 100x faster.. just be glad the towing company didn't auction your car off.. that would have really sucked..

LQQKITZME
06-26-2006, 08:30 PM
or you could just buy it back at auction...

ORGANIZATIONXIII
06-26-2006, 08:34 PM
or you could just buy it back at auction...

well its found now.. so hopefully the neccessary actions are taken so he can take possession back of his car w/o all the red tape right now..

and who knows, he might get shafted at auction if that ever happened

MachNU
06-26-2006, 08:46 PM
so did you see the vechicle yet...like maybe it was never taken jsut towed away and they have had it since then....or is it all parted and shit?

uproot
06-26-2006, 08:47 PM
just be glad the towing company didn't auction your car off.. that would have really sucked..

yeah me too...

im just wondering now what is left of my car.... hopefully its enough to do something with... im thinkin they might have just made off with my system....

uproot
06-26-2006, 08:49 PM
so did you see the vechicle yet...like maybe it was never taken jsut towed away and they have had it since then....or is it all parted and shit?

yeah i was thinkin about that too.. but, theres no way it was just towed because it was taken from my apt. complex and i already questioned the apartment management about it, and they never had it towed nor do they use this particular wrecker service.....

and i haven't seen it yet... im only hopin for the best

scttydb411
06-26-2006, 10:06 PM
the letter is date june 5, but what about the postmark on the envolope? tow companies do this all the time and a lot of folks just pay up. i'd go see the car to assess condition and talk to law enforcement as well as a lawyer regarding what you'll have to pay.

Pavlo
06-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Talk to the police, or take it to court. Th wrecker service did posses stolen property for 4 month without notifying the owner. To me it kind of seems like somebody in that service has something illegal to do with the car.

Flip
06-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Damn that sucks man, but they can't do that to you like everyone says... Don't let them try to screw you. Screw them back :). Let us know how it goes. Get on top of it now so you arent' really liable for any storage fees...

2.0civic
06-26-2006, 11:04 PM
if all else fails, Steal it back

ORGANIZATIONXIII
06-26-2006, 11:21 PM
if all else fails, Steal it back

buahaha.. that would make matters worse!

mnjh94
06-27-2006, 12:49 AM
This actually happened to my friend earlier this year..... I guess the wrecker stole the car thought that they can make money that way.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
06-27-2006, 01:16 AM
This actually happened to my friend earlier this year..... I guess the wrecker stole the car thought that they can make money that way.

please discuss

GTScoob
06-27-2006, 01:39 AM
This whole deal seems kinda sketchy. When my ex's car was stolen the cops ran her tag versus the database for all of the cars on towed lots (I guess they're supposed to tell the DOT who they tow?) and didnt find it at any lots in Atlanta.

Get a lawyer and have fun with the legal system.

grnracerchik
06-27-2006, 08:46 AM
so let me get this straight. the car was stolen in feb. and this palce has had it since then.
and they notified u of the car being in the lot on june 5th?

something smells a little fishy - i'd say.
peoples cars are being stolen by tow truck now - these people are probably behind some of the thefts.

not to mention what they are trying to do is unlawful - everyone is correct in the tow yard has a certian amount of days to notify you that they have the car? and if it took then til june 5th to "figure out" it belonged to you thats some bullshit.

Also, what GTScoob siad is true - the police - if they do their jobs that is - should have run the tag to all the tow yards and found back in feb. if that truly is when that yard "recovered" the vehicle.

sleepersRus
06-27-2006, 08:58 AM
ha! I found my car and thought that if they towed it to the yard that the cops would run a test on it to see if they can find anything. Well the lady at the wrecking yard said they never showed up to process it and then 3 days after I picked up my car they sent me a letter saying they have found my car. It sucks big time.

B16a2 Civic
06-27-2006, 09:04 AM
tell them you got a storage fee, storing your foot up their ass!
dont pay them, go get your car, they dont deserve that money

99SI
06-27-2006, 10:08 AM
go to the magistrates court and get a writ of possession. They can not do what they are trying to do to you. They have to use the gratis system to obtain the title holders information within 48 hours. Then they have to run an ad in at least one local newspaper. Good luck and if you need any further help let me know. I've dealt with this several times with my car lot and will be glad to be of any assistance.

8bangin302
06-27-2006, 03:01 PM
go steal it back..lol no im j/k i dont know what to do hope u get it back without payin that big a$$ fine..

The Golden Child
06-27-2006, 03:12 PM
Well I just got a letter in the mail from a Wrecker Service in Atlanta, and apparently they have had my car since 2/12/2006....

Well in order for me to get it back, I would have to pay a $125 towing fee, an $80 administrative cost, and here's the kicker...

The letter is dated June 5th, so theres no way they tried to send it to me any earlier... what a freakin rip off....

mail was dated as june 5th and when did you get it ?? i assume yesterday ..

BrianGT
06-27-2006, 03:56 PM
Man, that is crazy. Best of luck getting your car back!

--
Brian

The Ninja
06-27-2006, 05:07 PM
gl getting your car...you should steal one of their tow trucks...wait no...steal ALL of their tow trucks and hold'em ransom for whatever the amount you 'supposedly' owe them and an added "0" at the end...

uproot
06-27-2006, 07:45 PM
ok well heres an update....

i spoke with them today, and he said they've been having some problems locating me... sounds like b/s...

they also said that they would charge me from the date they sent the letter (june 5th). So it would be $500-something dollars to get it out

but then he also told me that my wheels are gone, and my interior is trashed... he didnt mention anything about the engine ... so i guess ill have to go see for myself

Julio
06-27-2006, 08:16 PM
June 5th my ass.. check the post date... fuck that

Sibious
06-27-2006, 08:35 PM
ya fuck that thats some shit make a petition get a lawyer, we got ur back homie

uproot
06-27-2006, 09:14 PM
ya fuck that thats some shit make a petition get a lawyer, we got ur back homie

sweet... yeah man im gonna do all i can.. this is complete b/s man.. and whos to know what it was like when they got it. with 4 months time theres no tellin whats been done.

thanks for everyones support... :goodjob:

carbon_crash
06-27-2006, 09:33 PM
yeah man, fight that shit in the court room and get your car back! Crooked ass Towing service, by the way, who is the towing company?

RBpoweredSileighty
06-28-2006, 01:49 PM
i had that happen to me with my old z-28 iroc (false impounded) the yard it was impounded at wanted $75 for every day there. by the time they said i could get it back after it was "cleared of being stolen" it was way too much to get out and i ended up getting screwed out of my car. btw this happend in good ol' rockdale county. :2up:

speedminded
06-28-2006, 01:57 PM
yeah tell them to SHUT THE FUCK UP.

BY LAW they haev to NOTIFY you, an if its dated June 5th, then you have to pay storage from June5th till today.

THEY CANNOT CHARGE YOU STORAGE from FEB, THAT IS ILLEGAL an they can be sued for illegal theft or ransom.

Contact the police, then call your lawyer.

i find it funny how your car gets stolen, recovered an you have to pay the impound fee. makes me wonder whose behind this. In Arizona, they contact you when they find the car, YOU have the choice of where the car goes once its recovered. if you dont answerthe police impound it for 5 days before it goes to a wrecker yard.Send the wrecker service a bill. Tell them were a delivery person: courier, pizza, etc. and they owe you 4 months of lost wages. Total = minimum of $5-6,000. :D

Acet
06-29-2006, 01:38 PM
yeah Speedminder is right. TELL THEM TO SHUT THE FUCK UP! Dont just let them slide. Get their corporate number and the name of the person that is giving you hell. Call corporate and tell them that you're gonna sue them for all your lost pay and stuff and just make it sound as its cheaper for them to give it back to you w/o making you pay. If you call them DO NOT SAY "yes ok, i'll do that" Get to the verge of getting pissed. Be like "Hell no you better give me my recovered vehicle if you dont want to take this matter to court and deal with my lawyer. You guys made me lose over $7,000 in the last 4 month when i didnt have a car" Just dont give up.

Truegiant
07-04-2006, 12:40 PM
I hope it all works out. In our county, if the tow company cannot get a hold of the owner of the vehicle within 4 days they have to contact the Sheriff's office and they have to send someone out and "investigate" to see if the car is stolen anyways. If you google crooked towing service I am sure you will see this pop up all over the US!

Azn-Boost
07-04-2006, 02:43 PM
GL getting your car back, this happend to my brother they had his car for 3 months and then contacted him. when we went down there the car was completely stripd, front clip was chopd off. it was a bare shell. btw when they calld us they also said the whole interior and wheels were gone but didnt say shit about the motor.. we had to drive 3 hrs to see a bare shell.. good luck with your situation.

miz__jess
07-23-2006, 04:20 PM
Thats sucks about your car. but you should contact the better business bureau, and file a compliant and see if anyone else has had the same problem with them like you did. With that you can try to get that towing place shut down so they cant pull that kind of b/s on someone else.

The Stiffler
09-29-2006, 01:00 AM
what's the update on this situation? what happened? did you wind up paying anything? just curious.

mugen_s2000
09-29-2006, 01:45 AM
what's going on with this?

Fast Shadow
09-29-2006, 05:09 AM
Find out which people at the wrecker company have kids and call the anonymous DFCS hotline to report that they're molesting them.

Halfwit
09-29-2006, 07:32 AM
Find out which people at the wrecker company have kids and call the anonymous DFCS hotline to report that they're molesting them.
then sprinkle the yard with broken condoms.... and little boys underwear in the bushes.

{X}Echo419
09-29-2006, 12:23 PM

why did they have your car? and ^what they said^ :yes:

The Stiffler
09-29-2006, 01:28 PM
come on......bumpage for update!

Z33_kid
09-29-2006, 02:36 PM
dang tht sucks about paying

Fast Shadow
09-29-2006, 04:34 PM
then sprinkle the yard with broken condoms.... and little boys underwear in the bushes.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

BlueHatch
09-29-2006, 06:22 PM
update??

The Stiffler
09-29-2006, 11:22 PM
eh this thread sucks.

GIXXERDK
09-30-2006, 12:54 AM
You should of known after 3 days at the latest, well for my friend whos car got stolen twice, it was.

Hulud
09-30-2006, 09:00 AM
You should of known after 3 days at the latest, well for my friend whos car got stolen twice, it was.
who are you talking to?

are you saying that uproot should have known 3 days after his car got stolen that it was the towing company?

twinj
10-01-2006, 10:24 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :taun:

2.0civic
10-01-2006, 10:26 AM
who are you talking to?

are you saying that uproot should have known 3 days after his car got stolen that it was the towing company?

i think he meant the towing company has three days to notify you....however, since there was a police report as it being stolen, i dont see how they canhold you liable for the accrued storage fees

The Stiffler
10-01-2006, 01:25 PM
by the way SIXX, i am totally loving your motorcycle racing sig. tight.

The Stiffler
10-01-2006, 01:25 PM
my bad, i mean GIXX lol. :cry:

Halfwit
10-04-2006, 07:51 AM
by the way SIXX, i am totally loving your motorcycle racing sig. tight.
i stared at it for like 3 min...

The Stiffler
10-04-2006, 10:01 AM
i know, right...im thinkin bout gettin a bike. yup.

RISKYB
10-05-2006, 05:07 PM
just make sure you save the envelope with the postmarked date on it and use that when trying to get fees waived

FAHHQUE700
10-05-2006, 05:25 PM
I had my car towed from our lot by a nearby business owner. I called all the local tow yards and found it at 1am in the morn. Glad towing places pick up the phone that late. But anyways, I told him he was in a rude awakening if I was not met at his gate in a reasonible amount of time with my car, and keys. Needless to say, he met with me in 20min. As for the business owner, he is now outta business thanks to a friend in the health department. Maybe I went alittle overboard? oh well whats done is done.

Call the towing company and find out who had your car towed. They have to document it, with contact information (GA Law) I only know this because I had a friend (drunk) backing down a relative's driveway slid off, ran into a tree... he didn't want any proof or documentation on a towing bill or anything, even offered to pay more and in cash for it. The guy wouldn't do it.... but back to the topic. find out who then contact them, they can be liable for the bill

I hate tow truck companies...

preferredduck
10-05-2006, 09:35 PM
the cops have always called me when my car was left somewhere suspicious, and this is without me even filing a report!!!