PDA

View Full Version : Why do they have GBI?

nightracer
06-26-2006, 02:20 PM
They don't have a beareau of investigation for the state of ohio where I'm from they just have FBI branches. Soooooooooooooooo..... Why must there be a need for GBI? Doesn't make sense.. I just found out about them when my neighbor walked up to her apt, w/ her gun and gbi shirt. Wondered wtf it was and she told me what it stood for............hmmm.. :confused:

Tiff-O-Bitties
06-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Cause Georgia is high in crime? Fuck if I know.

Senko
06-26-2006, 02:23 PM
no, its because they need more stuff to declare tax money for :) instead of fixing the roads.

Scrilla
06-26-2006, 02:29 PM
:werd:

nightracer
06-26-2006, 02:33 PM
What a crock of shit.... So do they have a Georgia ATF and DEA as well? Why not just start a Georgia version of NASA and the god damn army... And throw the GA version of the CIA into the mix.

BABY J
06-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation

Google It.

Senko
06-26-2006, 02:41 PM
Georgia Bureau of how do we steal more money from taxpayers

speedminded
06-26-2006, 03:30 PM
They don't have a beareau of investigation for the state of ohio where I'm from they just have FBI branches. Soooooooooooooooo..... Why must there be a need for GBI? Doesn't make sense.. I just found out about them when my neighbor walked up to her apt, w/ her gun and gbi shirt. Wondered wtf it was and she told me what it stood for............hmmm.. :confused:Nearly every state has a Bureau of Investigation. In Georgia from 1733 to 1937 law enforcement was the resposibility of local governments. In 1937 the Department of Public Safety was established and made into two divisions...Georgia State Patrol and a "plainclothes" division originally known as the "Division of Criminal Identification, Detection, Prevention, and Investigation". In 1940 it's name was changed to the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

In short it's a white collar department, a little more technical then the average police or sheriff's department...forensic science, etc. and they are responsible for maintaining all the criminal records.

Since 1974 GBI has been split into 3 divisions itself...the Investigative Division, the Division of Forensic Sciences (state crime lab) and the Georgia Crime Information Center. And during that year GBI's name was changed to the Division of Investigation but was changed back to GBI the following year.

http://www.state.ga.us/gbi/history.html

RandomGuy
06-26-2006, 03:38 PM
WHy do they have GBI?

-to investigate

[/thread]

2.2L
06-26-2006, 03:40 PM
The GBI prevents me from doing anything at work so i basically play games for 5 hours so im not complaining

nightracer
07-12-2006, 01:03 AM
Where do you work I want to hone my skill on CS:S??!

NEONRACER
07-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Yeah we don't need the GBI, FBI or the local police. They are all out to steal money from us tax payer's and serve no purpose to the community. This site has some fucking morons on it. Hopefully if someone you love is kidnapped you will turn down the GBI's help in finding them because you think they serve no purpose. Maybe if someone you know is murdered you will ask them not to use their resources in finding the killer.

2.0civic
07-12-2006, 09:06 AM
Yeah we don't need the GBI, FBI or the local police. They are all out to steal money from us tax payer's and serve no purpose to the community. This site has some fucking morons on it. Hopefully if someone you love is kidnapped you will turn down the GBI's help in finding them because you think they serve no purpose. Maybe if someone you know is murdered you will ask them not to use their resources in finding the killer.

:goodjob: people who bitch about cops would be the first to bitch when they need their help. while were at it, lets do away with firefighting and EMT's because if you wreck your car or burn your house down, go fuck yourself because they take tax dollars too....just a thought for you guys

quickdodgeŽ
07-12-2006, 09:13 AM

That's exactly my motto for people who compalin about the cops all the time. Later, QD.

StupidBikerBoy
07-12-2006, 02:04 PM

Well said

+1

soul
07-12-2006, 02:05 PM
to put taps and cameras on some of my old boys house

speedminded
07-12-2006, 02:24 PM
to put taps and cameras on some of my old boys houselol...and of course they weren't doing anything wrong right?

soul
07-12-2006, 02:52 PM
lol...and of course they weren't doing anything wrong right?
of course

efman
07-12-2006, 02:55 PM
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation

Google It.
owned