PDA

View Full Version : Misc Want Abs!

yankee13
06-25-2006, 11:10 AM
I am so hard!

Annihilation
06-25-2006, 12:00 PM
So you want some of these eh? You need to do 50 sit ups a night or twice a day everyday

aaronfelipe
06-25-2006, 12:02 PM
I am 18 and weight 200 lbs.

Reaper
06-25-2006, 01:01 PM
NOT EVERYDAY! Give your body time to rest. Every other night, you need to do 3 sets of 50 sit ups, crunchs, leg lifts(lay on your back with your feet in the air and together and lower them slowly 6 inches above the ground and go back up....) do this 3 sets of 15. ALSO, PUSHUPS are the best thing you can do! do 4 sets of 25, if you can do more reps then do 3-4 sets of 50. if you have any weights at home you can do russians twists where you balance yourself on your ass, take the weight and twist left to right 2-4 sets of 50, this will take care of your love handles(if you have em, idk its just a suggestion) if you have n e ?'s pm me.

Flip
06-25-2006, 01:15 PM
NOT EVERYDAY! Give your body time to rest. Every other night, you need to do 3 sets of 50 sit ups, crunchs, leg lifts(lay on your back with your feet in the air and together and lower them slowly 6 inches above the ground and go back up....) do this 3 sets of 15. ALSO, PUSHUPS are the best thing you can do! do 4 sets of 25, if you can do more reps then do 3-4 sets of 50. if you have any weights at home you can do russians twists where you balance yourself on your ass, take the weight and twist left to right 2-4 sets of 50, this will take care of your love handles(if you have em, idk its just a suggestion) if you have n e ?'s pm me.

He is correct on the NOT EVERY DAY! Muscles need time to repair and if they don't get that time, they will not grow!!

Reaper
06-25-2006, 01:37 PM
You'll start noticing results but DONT OVER DO IT! It will hurt you in the long run! Your going to love the results but keep on track, your going to regret it if you do too much!

FaSaleen
06-25-2006, 04:55 PM
sorry to disagree but your abs are the only muscles you can work out everyday

Reaper
06-25-2006, 04:58 PM
no reason to be sorry, just curious but how do you know that information? Cuz Id like to research it as well. All my football and baseball coaches I ever had always said that, as well as health and etc. But I very well could be wrong. Thanx

yankee13
06-25-2006, 10:36 PM
So what is it that I need to do than Guys?

ShooterMcGavin
06-25-2006, 11:19 PM
man u've definitely got to eat right and do cardio to lose the fat u already have (and work to keep it off). otherwise u'll just have a bunch of muscle covered by a layer of fat...trust me, i have the same problem :tongue:

Reaper
06-26-2006, 08:21 AM
Do the work out I posted...you'll notice it...and personally Id do it every other day. But if you feel the need to do some extra stuff go for it...do some research on the web, you might find somethings that will work with your schedule better

NEONRACER
06-26-2006, 09:38 AM
This is post is shit. Dude you will not get anywhere in a month. You don't want to go to they gym and you want some shit to do at home. Get off your lazy ass and go to the gym. You have time, everyone has time, they just don't make it. If your 156 lbs and have a gut then you a fat skinny kid. Muscle doesn't come easy and fat doesn't go away easily so you need to work at it. There is no miracle diet or miracle workout to get you to your goals in a short period of time. I may sound harsh but people who think you can do wh at your asking piss me off. Common sense should of told you that eating all the fast food was making you fat and the lack of physical activity was making you weak and flabby. Now you want to go to the beach most likely and want to look good, guess what it isn't going to happen. You want something but you don't want to work at it, hahahaha.

Romeyo07
06-26-2006, 10:37 AM
You don't need a gym to workout, but it helps. You do need to eat right, and cardio MUST be involved in your workout. Depending on your current body type, results can show by the month, but again, if you were almost there then you'd see it faster. A guy like me will wait forever before seeing the results I want.

Calisthetics is where its at if you're doing this at home. You can do chair dips for your tri's, push ups for your chest, etc.

You can modify your pushups by putting on a bookbag to add weight...works good.

There's a lot involved, but if you eat right, and alternate your workout daily, then you'll be good to go. You can do your abs more than 3 times a week. Unlike the rest of the muscles in your body, your abs are constantly being used. They can take what you throw at it. I'm def. not saying an everyday ab workout, but if you wanna bump it up, go ahead.

Z33_kid
06-26-2006, 11:40 AM
juss go to discover mills n get tht ab thing u wont even need to work out lol

Crucial
06-29-2006, 04:59 PM
LOL@ acura8851.... americans always think of an alternative of doing things lol....

ahmonrah
06-29-2006, 10:21 PM
man u've definitely got to eat right and do cardio to lose the fat u already have (and work to keep it off). otherwise u'll just have a bunch of muscle covered by a layer of fat...trust me, i have the same problem :tongue:same here!!! +1 for the bulky guys!!! was called a rottweiler when i was growing up due to being in so good shape, then i became a lazy ass after the military and now i'm a fat rottweiler....

Sledlude
06-29-2006, 10:24 PM
NOT EVERYDAY! leg lifts(lay on your back with your feet in the air and together and lower them slowly 6 inches above the ground and go back up....) do this 3 sets of 15.
damnn.... i just tried this and it kicked my ass. im gonna definately try to this for a couple of months and see it if it makes a difference. i could definately feel it.

Z33_kid
06-29-2006, 11:30 PM
o yes

Reaper
06-29-2006, 11:57 PM
Yeah man! You will for a while. but After a month you'll start doing more and more reps...Im tellin ya your gonna notice some results!

{X}Echo419
06-30-2006, 07:05 AM
I am 22 years old wanna get bigger only weigh 156lbs. I have a gut and want to get my abs maybe like a 6 pack or something. Wanna work my upper arms as well, dont have much time for a fancy gym or some junkie powders to take, something easy maybe at home on my own time, Please guys need this for next month willing to work real hard. So help me out. Thanks.

1 word... "SALAD". and no ranch dressing! :cool:

kaotickaozpunk
06-30-2006, 11:01 PM
you dont have to do so much to get what you want...get on a diet...follow this program in precise...alot of people have used this and i made it up...but peeps always get the best out of it...just work hard...and eat right..

****if you want arms...the trick is to get big tirceps..disagree but im right...

chest:
incline press---2 sets---8 to 12 reps
incline chest flys---2 sets--8 to 12 reps
flat bench press---2 sets---8 to 12 reps
chest flys---2 sets---8 to 12 reps

arms:
***follow the same reps and sets increase as you get better at it

biceps:
barbell curls
lying bench incline curls**sit on an incline bench and parallel your arms directly to the
floor...feel an strecth movement and curl slowly and keep
your head and body on the bench..i suggest a light weight
until you make progress on it..
hammer curls
***about the next two weeks take out hammer curls and do concentration curls..

triceps:
flat incline close grip bench
lying skull crushers
french dumbell press

shoulders:
military press
lateral raises
shoulder shrugs

abdominals:
toe touchs
crunches
reverse situps
**try to work your obliques as well..

there thats a little tip but all these can be perform at home except your chest..but hey i know you got some dumbells right...well let me know if your having trouble with some excercise and ill try to make them more easy understanding...

kaotickaozpunk
06-30-2006, 11:02 PM
oh one more thing do 10 minutes of cardio and gradually get up to 25 minutes...

Sledlude
07-01-2006, 05:55 PM
what the hell is a reverse sit up

JDMBeau
07-01-2006, 07:30 PM
im 6 foot 1 and weigh right at 200

last summer i was the same height and weight 174 lol

ive got a gut, and semi man boobs. i noticed this last weekend

so for the past week ive started to do 2 sets of 25 sit ups, and 20 push ups a day

reading this im gonna make my self do 3 sets of 50 crunches a night, then the next night 3 set of push ups. and maybe the next night do the leg thing. try and alternate them out

also what streches should you do?

WINDSOR
07-01-2006, 08:14 PM
You really don't need the gym but will need to invest in a good exercise bench and a set of dumbells going from say 15 lbs to 50. You aren't really going to get some amazing results in a month so don't kid yourself. Also if you want a 6 pack you need to lose all the fat from your midsection...to see those muscles you need to be 10% or less body fat. I've gone from 200 lbs to 165 lbs in about 3 months doing cardio/weight training/better eating and i have a very flat midsection now but not a 6 pack (more like a 2...lol) yet but i'm still around 15% body fat so will need a little more.

JDMBeau
07-01-2006, 08:18 PM
what kind of cardio do you do?

Reaper
07-02-2006, 10:30 AM
well I actually gained weight, and didnt have a 6pack at all..and just built those muscles as well as the rest of my body...going from 170lbs to 198lbs in roughly 2 1/2 months...but I primarily did a 5 day a week work out, and stuck to the whey shakes...Its really all a matter of what you are looking for...slim down? or bulk up ? one way or another you've gotta work your ass off

buffdaddy18
07-02-2006, 10:44 AM
you dont have to do so much to get what you want...get on a diet...follow this program in precise...alot of people have used this and i made it up...but peeps always get the best out of it...just work hard...and eat right..

****if you want arms...the trick is to get big tirceps..disagree but im right...

chest:
incline press---2 sets---8 to 12 reps
incline chest flys---2 sets--8 to 12 reps
flat bench press---2 sets---8 to 12 reps
chest flys---2 sets---8 to 12 reps

arms:
***follow the same reps and sets increase as you get better at it

biceps:
barbell curls
lying bench incline curls**sit on an incline bench and parallel your arms directly to the
floor...feel an strecth movement and curl slowly and keep
your head and body on the bench..i suggest a light weight
until you make progress on it..
hammer curls
***about the next two weeks take out hammer curls and do concentration curls..

triceps:
flat incline close grip bench
lying skull crushers
french dumbell press

shoulders:
military press
lateral raises
shoulder shrugs

abdominals:
toe touchs
crunches
reverse situps
**try to work your obliques as well..

there thats a little tip but all these can be perform at home except your chest..but hey i know you got some dumbells right...well let me know if your having trouble with some excercise and ill try to make them more easy understanding...

that would work, but this guy doesn't wanna go to "a fancy gym" or put any effort into it :eye:

JDMBeau
07-02-2006, 09:23 PM
im looking to more or less slim down, with a little muscle.

blurred visions
07-06-2006, 03:00 AM
I am 22 years old wanna get bigger only weigh 156lbs. I have a gut and want to get my abs maybe like a 6 pack or something. Wanna work my upper arms as well, dont have much time for a fancy gym or some junkie powders to take, something easy maybe at home on my own time, Please guys need this for next month willing to work real hard. So help me out. Thanks.

If you have a gut then odds are your not doing enough cardio. If you don't have time for a gym then you must also not have time to eat healthy. If fast food is in your diet then your screwed. Most importantly though, you must get cardio atleast 3 times a week. I can tell your not willing to work hard because your not waking up at the crack of dawn and getting your ass into the gym for a measely hour out of your day. I'm a busy man, but I bring a gym bag with me and stop by the gym for maybe an hour to an hour and a half atleast 4 times a week. Developing your body into a nice toned or cut body doesn't happen overnight, or even a month for that matter. I went from being 230 down to 175 by safely dieting and working out because I made the decision to 'work real hard.'

Do your sit ups but trust me, without cardio you won't get anywhere.

HolyMother
07-08-2006, 09:13 PM
Do research on a lot of abs exercises: books, magazine, websites. Abs are the only muscles that you can work on everyday so don't be lazy and believe that "every other day concept". The only way your abs wll be visible if there's little fat. Running and a lot of abs exercises will get you to your goal. Just don't waste your time and give up like a girly man

BLk92DA
07-10-2006, 08:33 AM
just have alot of sex...thats how i maintained my 6 pack

xaznstylegrlx
07-10-2006, 03:01 PM
so does nebody know how to lose all that extra skin left behind from getting pregnant?
My tummy is small now n all... but i aint gonna lie... there are rolls from all the extra skin when i sit...

ShooterMcGavin
07-10-2006, 08:47 PM
^^^u've been pregnant before? :thinking:

DnBmama05
07-10-2006, 08:54 PM
THAT's MY question azn - thanks for askin ;) like when i'm standing up... we're alright hell, i even have a little bit of definition... but there's still the extra skin - nothing too horrible and don't really have any stretch marks on my stomach at all, but i've been *really* working out since january and i feel like i'm nowhere near where i want to be... i plan on doin the tunerfest bikini contest, but i'm a little uncertain... oh well... there's always worse...

ShooterMcGavin
07-10-2006, 09:38 PM
can't lose skin once u've got it i don't think, that's what cosmetic surgery is for i guess...

xaznstylegrlx
07-11-2006, 02:59 PM
damn dats sux.. lmao...

BLk92DA
07-11-2006, 05:37 PM
damn dats sux.. lmao...

o rlly :screwy:

Crazy Asian
07-12-2006, 02:34 AM
I compare body size. Some ppl have the perfect body which I like to say perfect torso so 6 pack comes easily. Some ppl have a body thats odd on part like the torso being bigger then legs and so forth. They usually have a harder time to get what they want to be. Me not being rash and cocky I consider mine to be the perfect body. I talked to a lot trainers in Cali when I went to LA fitness and they considered my self a perfect body.Everything is even. Im 6'4 and weigh 180 or 185 and metabolism is a bit higher then average but doesn't matter. I got a six in about 4 months when I was in Cali. That was a lot of excercising and a strict dieting but for some it takes 1 to 3 years even if they do a dieting and what. Also No sugar in your diet well a little but ya. No soda though. All that syrup turns into fat. Which is not good. And the skin part...eh that's excess skin. You need to consult your plastic surgeon. They usually gonna exmaine you and tell you whether or not they can remove that. Ya Ive seen girls litterally drop 70lbs but they have all this excess skins so they need a surgeon to do that. Sux.

And some ppl saw my body..I havent worked out for an year and lost it all. damn southern food with their ribs, mashed potato, and sweet tea. So freakin addicting. Add wings to that too. Damn Zaxbys and Wild Wings. I HATE YOU!!!

Black R
07-12-2006, 03:34 AM
damn, i clicked on this thread looking for abs retrofit in an s13! doh!

some good posts in here though!

DARLING DARA
07-12-2006, 03:41 AM
you want abs?

get a marker and draw them on...
you'll get ALL the ladies...

um, laughing at you.

Reaper
07-12-2006, 07:15 AM
reverse sit ups, crunches, ab machines, russians twists( use a weight or ball and balance yourself on your ass and twist tapping the weight on each side...) I do 3 sets of 100..but you go at your own pace...let lifts (forward and side to side), RUN!!! Running will destroy your love handles and create all kinds of definition. As for diet...WELL Im 19 so I eat whatever the hell I want....and yes in reference to our addicting southern food...I eat it every damn day! But ya gotta work that off!! As for the ladies who wanna lose that skin, google it, or make an appointment with your doctor... I promise your not the first to want to know if you can lose that extra skin!

§treet_§peed
07-13-2006, 08:11 PM
you say not everyday i say PHUC DAT SHEET!!!!!!!!!!:D :lmfao: i run about a mile and a half or more day..before that i strectch out my whole body...then i start with this routine thaat i repeat 4 times...first 10 push ups...then ten sqauts...then 25 crunches..then 5 pull ups and as i said i repeat that routine 4 more times..then i rest for 5 minutes...then i stratch again and run for a mile with out stoping..the mile i run is from my house to the stores at the end of my road...90% of it is straight up hill..anyways, when i get to the store, i pause for a sec to catch my breathe then walk in and by me a gatoraide..then i rest for 5 minutes....then i run about a half a mile or more straight with out stoping then after the ahlf of a mile or so i slow down to a very fast paced power walk, lol :D......when i get back to my house i repeat the same routine agina 4 or 5 more times as i did before i ran...then i rest, take a shower and go to sleep, or come on ia for and hour or so and whore it up, lol :D :D :lmfao:

but all of that is just my work out routine...:D yes i give my body hel;l, i jsut recently sorta started to quite smoking, so i wanna make up for all of that shit,lol

DnBmama05
07-13-2006, 08:16 PM
uh oh LOL... lemme clarify on excess skin... it's like nowhere near surgeon-needed excess skin for me... i just got a really bad picture in my head when that was brought up... i run on an almost daily basis and try to do some squats every night... but i do a lot more than 25 crunches a night...

§treet_§peed
07-13-2006, 08:21 PM
lets see i weigh about 155 pounds and i'm 6 feet tall

DnBmama05
07-13-2006, 09:09 PM
i weigh 120 and i'm about 5'3... i know there are girls that are 98 lbs and 5'3... but i guess a lot of it has to do with bone structure... i don't consider myself small boned

§treet_§peed
07-13-2006, 09:15 PM
that's not big..i mean youcould be like 16 and 5'3" lol lets hope not...but yeah here recently i've became like this sorta obssessed person with working out and shit..i'm like a fend for getting in shape and getting cut, lol...i have finally broke..and lost my insanity ......:screwy: :crazy: :bump:

DnBmama05
07-13-2006, 09:20 PM
once you get started and seeing results it's easy to get 'obsessed' with it... i got a little too excited about it two years ago and just quit eating altogether... if i did eat anything i felt like i had to run it off right after i ate it, but for the most part i would just drink water if i got hungry... ahh the road to eating disorders...

efman
07-13-2006, 09:23 PM
no reason to be sorry, just curious but how do you know that information? Cuz Id like to research it as well. All my football and baseball coaches I ever had always said that, as well as health and etc. But I very well could be wrong. Thanx
yep thats what all my coaches tell me, the whole thing is you work you mucsle and it tears them down but when they rebuild back they rebuild bigger and stronger and if you doint give them time to do that its all the work and no results

Sibious
07-13-2006, 09:36 PM
im a lil chubby but i been lazy to go work out. i been tyrign to get to the gym everyday now, workign out dif parts of buddy each day wiht abs and push ups alternating each night

efman
07-13-2006, 09:47 PM
yea i work out 3 times a week for 2 hours

Reaper
07-14-2006, 08:03 AM
btw squats are horrible for you...its bad on your back, knees, and hips...do legs press which takes alot of that stress off...or leg curls, back extension...etc. Ive began to run everyday just to tone a bit and get into shape for baseball next year...

xaznstylegrlx
07-15-2006, 12:43 AM
once you get started and seeing results it's easy to get 'obsessed' with it... i got a little too excited about it two years ago and just quit eating altogether... if i did eat anything i felt like i had to run it off right after i ate it, but for the most part i would just drink water if i got hungry... ahh the road to eating disorders...
ah im on diet pills... i forget to get hungry?
but im not throwing up either >.>
im 5'2" at 105 lbs

The Golden Child
07-15-2006, 11:21 AM
ah im on diet pills... i forget to get hungry?
but im not throwing up either >.>
im 5'2" at 105 lbs

stop lieing u know u aint taking pills .. ur starving urself ..

The Golden Child
07-15-2006, 11:23 AM
have alot of sex if you want a 6 pack ..

yankee13
07-17-2006, 02:23 PM
so what are some good kinds of food to eat and not to eat to lose that gut!

ShooterMcGavin
07-17-2006, 02:27 PM
uh that's pretty self explanatory isn't it? low fat, low carb and cut down on ur overall calorie intake...

The Golden Child
07-17-2006, 03:29 PM
i have a mean looking one pack ..

mirageturbo
08-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Eat only meat and greens for about a month along with 45 minutes to an hour a day of aerobics and doing stomach every other day and you will get the results you want.

For men the last place fat comes off the body is the stomach and the first place fat goes. So making the diet strict and go for the burning of fat is whats needed.

For women fat comes off the stomach first, and is the last place fat goes when puting it on the body.

atl300zx
08-17-2006, 02:52 PM
man u've definitely got to eat right and do cardio to lose the fat u already have (and work to keep it off). otherwise u'll just have a bunch of muscle covered by a layer of fat...trust me, i have the same problem :tongue:

You;ve got more than a layer.....

blurred visions
08-18-2006, 02:28 AM
I saw a ripped guy in the gym today that wrapped saran wrap around his abs. My guess is that it keeps you tightening your abs as you move around. Try that out and see how it feels.

Hektik
08-18-2006, 03:22 AM
^ i think the saran wrap helps to trap in body heat wich makes u sweat more.

The Ninja
08-18-2006, 03:05 PM
another thing...if u work out ur abs before actually losing the fat ur gut will seem to get larger.

blurred visions
08-18-2006, 03:13 PM
^ i think the saran wrap helps to trap in body heat wich makes u sweat more.

Yea thats what I was thinking.

fastct9a
08-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Didnt feel like reading everything but the stomach muscles are one of the muscles that do not need rest and can be worked everyday. I know I worked mine alot being in the military whether i wanted to or not. I was doing over 100 in 2 min in the military. by all means i dont have a stomach like i use to since ive been out 3 years thank God. Just work continually and they will come. On your last set though do them until you cant do anymore no matter how hard you try and you have entered muscle falure. once you get there youve done all your abs can do. the next day do the same thing and you eventually be able to do more. after a couple of weeks or more step up to 10-15 add to what you do on each rep and youll get the results.

The Ninja
08-18-2006, 06:56 PM
make sure u don't strain urself though. start out slow, and work ur way up

nightracer
09-21-2006, 01:17 PM
That is incorrect for someone with a gut. He needs to get out and run so he can convert that fat into muscle. Also eating and sleeping right will build up his strength and ability to work his muscle's harder. He can do all the sit ups, crunchers, etc., he wants but he'll never see his six pack if he has a layer of fat over it. Since he doesn't want to hit the gym hardcore and get healthy he might have a problem seeing abs on himself. Who knows? I don't know his body but I know that I had to work hard to even get to an average level from being so far out of shape.