PDA

View Full Version : p0505, p1259!?

KA98S10
06-24-2006, 10:32 PM
well i was driving home hit 4500 and shook bad.. i hooked up my scanner and got these codes.. my CEL has been on ever since i got my engine rebuilt, but its because they dissconnected the unimportant sensors. I know the p1259 is vetc malfunction, but why would this come on? my oil level is fine and the coolant is full.. any suggestions?

SLow_POke
06-24-2006, 10:57 PM
well i was driving home hit 4500 and shook bad.. i hooked up my scanner and got these codes.. my CEL has been on ever since i got my engine rebuilt, but its because they dissconnected the unimportant sensors. I know the p1259 is vetc malfunction, but why would this come on? my oil level is fine and the coolant is full.. any suggestions?

al sensor are there for a reaon .IMO u need them unless you eliminate them with a tune or when u burn a chip for your car .

and i seen the p0505 i think its the IACV
could be that thats disconnected or went bad . i.ve also seen a major vaccum leak throw this code

SLow_POke
06-24-2006, 11:00 PM

i just re-read your post .does it rev past 4500?

KA98S10
06-24-2006, 11:03 PM
yeah peter @ ISP built it and he always by-passes the IACV, but this is the first time this code was thrown. usually its another idle code.. i was gonna hook it back up, but half of its missing.. Oh and if this makes a difference my motor was just broken in and i've hit vtec like 10 times now.. This sucks!!

KA98S10
06-24-2006, 11:04 PM
i just re-read your post .does it rev past 4500?

nope.. like the fuel is being cut-off

SLow_POke
06-24-2006, 11:10 PM
yeah peter @ ISP built it and he always by-passes the IACV, but this is the first time this code was thrown. usually its another idle code.. i was gonna hook it back up, but half of its missing.. Oh and if this makes a difference my motor was just broken in and i've hit vtec like 10 times now.. This sucks!!

i would try hooking back up . i knwo you can bypass the coolant but i think you still have to have it pluged in . try plugging it in . or take it back to the shop that put it together im sure they will be happy to help you .

maybe ur vtec MIL is a brake in the wire . ? or solenoid went bad. .? try cleaning it might have little metal shaving from the rebuilt .

like i also mentioned a major vaccum leak might also throw that MIL ,IACV.

SLow_POke
06-24-2006, 11:13 PM
nope.. like the fuel is being cut-off

MAP sensor also ? i could be wrong , but try unplugging it will its idleling see if you notice a difference .
MAP might be seen to much manifold pressure .
cutting it off at 4500 .

im jsut throwing ideas at u hope it helps :)

KA98S10
06-24-2006, 11:14 PM
i would try hooking back up . i knwo you can bypass the coolant but i think you still have to have it pluged in . try plugging it in . or take it back to the shop that put it together im sure they will be happy to help you .

maybe ur vtec MIL is a brake in the wire . ? or solenoid went bad. .? try cleaning it might have little metal shaving from the rebuilt .

like i also mentioned a major vaccum leak might also throw that MIL ,IACV.

Thanks for the help!! im gonna look at my vac lines tomorrow.. hopefully that all it is..

SLow_POke
06-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the help!! im gonna look at my vac lines tomorrow.. hopefully that all it is..

NP :) . it sounds liek a easy fix just have to trouble shot some :D