PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 98 Jetta GL Brake Caliper (Gerling)

Flip
06-24-2006, 09:07 PM
I have a friend who is looking for the piece of the brake caliper that goes under the caliper and goes over the breaks. Its called a brake mounting bracket in the manual. It is the front drivers side caliper. One of the pins in it is sheared off and will not come out and it needs to be replaced. If anyone has one of these or has any idea of where one could be acquired for cheep, please let me know.

The guy who wants it should be signing up tonight and will post more details if needed...

devnall
06-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Hey, I'm the friend who's looking for the piece. The '98 Jettas had either VW calipers or Girling calipers; I have Girling. I don't need a whole caliper or anything, just the bracket that hold the 2 pads against the rotor that the caliper fits over. It's just a piece of cast iron with 2 bolt holes and 2 brass sleeves that the pins slide in and out of to engage the brake pads. Of course the VW dealer wants $160 for a little bracket.

If anyone has one of these brackets or knows a dealer or junkyard who's likely to have one, please post and let me know. I also need one of the unthreaded pins that fits in to the sleeve (since I sheared off the original). Post in this thread or drop me an email (in profile) if you can help me out. TIA.

Flip
06-25-2006, 09:02 PM
Bumpy