PDA

View Full Version : automobile popularity

Marta Mike
06-24-2006, 12:11 PM
You know i was just thinking, has anyone else noticed that there has been a lot of new shows pertaining to cars? It seems like a big explosion all of a sudden. Its like pimp my ride started a whole new tv channel. You got trick my truck, pimp my ride, over haulin, fast inc, unique whips the list goes on. Eh lot of new car shows.

ALVIN
06-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Yes, but those shows are very different from one another. Say overhaulin is 500% better than pimp my ride. Trick my truck is in the same boat as pimp my ride except on big Peterbilts and Volvos lol. Never seen Fast Inc. although I have seen Unique Whips and they are more for the rich people than anyone else. There are also shows on DiY that teach you "how to install your own ghini doors" or "putting on your own body kit" stuff like that.

I like watching some shows. Overhaulin would have to be one of my favorite "modding" shows since they do some amazing shit and none of this rice...although they did do a civ, that wasnt my style, once and only once. I believe they stick to mostly american cars lol.

uproot
06-24-2006, 12:39 PM
i saw pimp my ride last night... a new one, and apparently they are at a new shop now called 'gas'

they completely replaced the engine in the VW thing they were 'pimping' with a bigger turbo'd engine...

but they did still put tvs and like 4 computers in it lol

ALVIN
06-24-2006, 12:42 PM
haha I saw that shit too...and they got some HALFWIT dudes working there too...lol.

Disclaimer: don't know halfwit(no disrespect) but they call him emo therefore these dudes looked emo.

uproot
06-24-2006, 12:49 PM
haha I saw that shit too...and they got some HALFWIT dudes working there too...lol.

Disclaimer: don't know halfwit(no disrespect) but they call him emo therefore these dudes looked emo.

yeah lol... it looked like good charlotte opened up a car shop

civic95
06-24-2006, 08:29 PM
Yeah, and they all pretty much suck. Overhaulin is the best. Unique Whips is a fucking joke. They don't do anything you couldn't get done at the HighFi Buys Buckhead location, and Bulter Tire.

Julio
06-24-2006, 08:31 PM
heavy marketing.. everyone wants in on it.