PDA

View Full Version : Prelude body- wacked out (pics), please respond

350z
06-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Ok, I test drove this car, and it seemed to drive straight and true. The kid has never been in an accident but 3 years ago the previous owner was. Obviously the parts have been replaced, but WTF is up with the fit-up on the bumpers/hood/lights? The hood (in person) seems bent all up the drivers side to the windshield. Is it possible that is throwing the look of the front off?

Its one of hell of a good deal, so I was still considering it. Just dont know if it can be fixed? Maybe just loosening up the fenders and trying to line it up would help. Also a new hood.

http://www.rlchang.com/prelude/

twkg
06-24-2006, 12:00 PM
Damn, that actually does look kinda like shit. How much does he want for it? Also, what else does the car have done to it and has it had it's routine maintanence done?

That's the WWRS lip kit. You could get some good money for it.

He changed the airbags, so it must have been a nice hit. IMO it's not worth it.

350z
06-24-2006, 02:50 PM
He originally wanted $5,500. I would try to get it for $4900 since the body is wack.

WWRS lip kit? He said he has a lip , but it was cracked from driving over a parking stop.

It has headers, exhaust, intake, and short shifter. Not much more then that. He said its had synthetic every 3k, but who knows.

I didnt notice the bags were changed out. How can you tell exactly?

JDMBeau
06-24-2006, 03:06 PM
ill give you a new hood for the front lip if you get it, unless if its cracked hardcore

but seriously, it looks on the pass fender 1 of 2 things, or both

the fender was bent, but repaired.
or it is missing a clip that holds the bumper up there.
id say a new fender probally would fix it tho

on the hood look at the little rubber thing you can adjust to make the hood higer or lower, it could be out of wack.

looking at the pics better looks as if the front rad. support was messed up or something. need a under hood shot tho also has it been rear ended, cause the paint on the trunk is flat black when it is open.

350z
06-24-2006, 03:50 PM
I dont think I want to dive into this project in all honesty. Id rather spend a little more and get something that is right.

Another odd thing.....

THis is the first lude I have ever driven (though I have been a passanger in one years ago). The car felt very slow to me. I dunno , maybe the kid ragged it. Or maybe Im getting used to driving the M3. He said it burns a quart by every oil change.

twkg
06-24-2006, 04:38 PM
It only burns hella oil when you run the shit out of vtec. As for being slow, of course it will be slower than an m3, but Ludes aren't that slow. At lease mine isn't. Also, you can do better for that price.

It may be the lighting, but it looks as if the air bag is a different color grey than the steering wheel.

I wouldn't buy a Lude that's all jacked when you don't know what exactly happened to it.

350z
06-25-2006, 08:06 AM
twkg & boostedlude, thanks for the comments/advice. I wont buy it :)

K24cb7coupe
06-25-2006, 11:51 AM
get it and have a good body shop fix it. It just looks like they had some cheap work done!

350z
06-25-2006, 08:47 PM
Hmm mixed reviews ;)

Off the topic. But between a GS and a GSR integra, what is the difference in 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Stock vs stock. Rough estimates are fine.

BlkCD5
06-27-2006, 12:08 PM
GSR- 7.2 0-60 15.4-5 1/4 mile
GS- 8.0 secs 16.3