PDA

View Full Version : Misc Registering your dog ..

The Golden Child
06-24-2006, 10:33 AM
ok so im curious where i can register my dog ..
so i can have paper work for her ..
how much would it cost and can i go to a vet to get it done ..
along with getting check up and all the other stuff ..

Julio
06-24-2006, 08:22 PM
visit some of the online Akc, ect sites.. Some info you might have to email. I reccomend you read up a bit on it.

for example :
I think is akc.org , if not google it.

The Golden Child
06-25-2006, 02:14 PM
thanks bro ..

kittychick
06-26-2006, 10:39 PM
ok so im curious where i can register my dog ..
so i can have paper work for her ..
how much would it cost and can i go to a vet to get it done ..
along with getting check up and all the other stuff ..
If/when both parents of your dog are pure bred- the breeder will have registered the litter and give you individual paperwork to send into the AKC or CKC (the two most popular breed registration groups within the US).

If you did not get this at the purchase of your puppy- it will be more difficult to prove the "pureness" of you dog. Your vet (or a vet- not all will do them) will need to do several gene (DNA) tests on your dog. But these are not very benificial because they are so costly, unless you plan on showing your dog and taking it to national shows (for examples of big shows see animal planet- discovery channel). $10,000 puppy worth it. $1,000 puppy not worth it.

But lots of good luck in your search! I'd start with the parents of your dog; its the easiest step.

(My dog's a purebreed, but I don't have paper work on him- the breeder gave me a dicount because she hadn't registered his litter.)

brads94accord
06-26-2006, 10:45 PM
If/when both parents of your dog are pure bred- the breeder will have registered the litter and give you individual paperwork to send into the AKC or CKC (the two most popular breed registration groups within the US).

yeah you should have gotten it from the breeder..when we bought our golden retriever the breeder gave us the paperwork w/ the stud and dames registration info and the a spot to register ours. it costs like $15 i think w/ the AKC.

if you didnt get the paperwork i would look here http://www.akc.org/dogreg/

The Golden Child
06-27-2006, 12:27 PM
well the thing is i wanna register my dog ( blue fawn pitbull )
not to show or anything just wanna have paper work on her ..

GirlieZ
06-28-2006, 09:15 AM

If you did not get this at the purchase of your puppy- it will be more difficult to prove the "pureness" of you dog. Your vet (or a vet- not all will do them) will need to do several gene (DNA) tests on your dog. But these are not very benificial because they are so costly, unless you plan on showing your dog and taking it to national shows (for examples of big shows see animal planet- discovery channel). $10,000 puppy worth it. $1,000 puppy not worth it.

But lots of good luck in your search! I'd start with the parents of your dog; its the easiest step.

(My dog's a purebreed, but I don't have paper work on him- the breeder gave me a dicount because she hadn't registered his litter.)

a resposible breeder will have gone over the pedigree with the owner and have them signed papers...the breeder signs them as well as the owner, the papers are administered by the AKC. If your breeder never mentioned this too you during your transaction, dont count on the dog having the status to be registered as purebred.

Christine...i have never heard of them DNA testing like that except in cases where the bitch was accidently bred in a kennel situation...the are mapping the DNA for cancer, eyes etc...but even the best breeders have that controled that such an instance is not needed.

GirlieZ
06-28-2006, 09:17 AM
okay im sorry i just saw your last post, no pits can not be registered, and if you want papers like that, i know some pit places track there dogs, i would say though luck you have to get another puppy. You cant just formulate papers on the animal if the breeder hasnt been resposible.

devin
06-28-2006, 09:19 AM
try pitbullregistry.com

The Golden Child
06-28-2006, 10:30 AM
try pitbullregistry.com

thanks will look into that ..

dz N.U.T.Z.
06-29-2006, 12:35 AM
if it did come with papers there is a reason.....

A1EX
06-29-2006, 12:15 PM
if it did come with papers there is a reason.....
alot of pits dont come with papers

dz N.U.T.Z.
06-29-2006, 05:51 PM
yeah because they are typically backyard bread dogs. most dogs that do not come with papers do not come from a legit blood line or the breeder cannot prove the 'pureness' of the dog. papers are used for showing usually. if papers are being used to prove that it's a real pit then they need to go back to the breeder, so they can prove the pureness, nobody but the person who bread the dog can prove that.

KMDX
07-03-2006, 08:28 PM
You can register Pits through UKC and ADBA (AMERICAN DOG BREEDERS ASSOC) AKC does not recognize the Pitbull, only the AMSTAFF...My pit is ADBA/UKC...The breeder provided me with papers, and if your breeder did not provide you with papers you can contact both associations to ask the process in getting the dog registered, you may need the id # of the mother and father if they were registered

If you plan on breeding your dog or showing your dog the ADBA/UKC dual registery is the way to go..From what I have heard ADBA is more strict on Breed guidelines in following what the breed is suppose to look like, if that makes sense....

My Baby below....http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7172/dscn08566wn.th.jpg (http://img142.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn08566wn.jpg)

The Golden Child
07-04-2006, 10:30 AM
www.pitbullregistry.com

i looked into that and it looks pretty legit ..
anyone else have any 2nd or 3rd opinion ??

KMDX
07-04-2006, 06:47 PM
adba and ukc

A1EX
07-05-2006, 07:31 AM
i emailed ckc they said you can register your dog when they turn six months

The Golden Child
07-05-2006, 11:34 AM
well my dog is shell be 20 months on the 13th ..

yousuredo
07-06-2006, 10:03 AM
i emailed ckc they said you can register your dog when they turn six months
CKC is a JOKE...
trust me, anyone can register any type of dog with them, and it means jack $hit...