PDA

View Full Version : Party Idea

PSINXS
06-23-2006, 04:52 PM
Instead of going to the club will someone throw a rave party or help me throw one? I mean with black lights, neons, and all that fun stuff? i have a few lighting objects and can go buy a few more. I just want to go to a party where trance and breaks are played all night long. i am going to do one in Georgia Southern later this year but anybody want to do one now?

i am sure if combine my library with someone like Charles'(ct9a_gsr) we can have an awesome playlist.

Big Baller
06-23-2006, 05:02 PM
What if we can get some real DJs, I'm not talking local stuff, I know a few people I can make some phone calls and see what it would take to bring in some serious heat.

Marta Mike
06-23-2006, 05:05 PM
cmon man i thought u was blk, and u wanna have a rave. CCCCCCCMON

civic95
06-23-2006, 05:10 PM
if you supply the X, and some hot women I'll be there.

TheSnail
06-23-2006, 05:18 PM
I dont want to do anymore drugs. Ive done enough for 10 lifetimes and Ive been cleen for like 4ish years.

RandomGuy
06-23-2006, 10:23 PM
i will report you to the RIAA so they will end your 7 man party in the janitors break room at georgia southern when they X out of winamp.exe and unplug your strobe light.

quickdodgeŽ
06-23-2006, 10:37 PM

PSINXS and I were racially switched in the mind at birth. Later, QD.

PSINXS
06-24-2006, 11:18 AM
^word mike. is word still a cool word lol

but matt that sounds like a good idea. And snail nobody is saying you have to drugs. you dont ned them to have a good time.l but they sure do help!!

Hot women wil most def be there if we do it right, and the X is all on you. although i can get them

The Golden Child
06-24-2006, 11:24 AM
hit me up i got those ..

theres this warehouse place in marrietta that throws rave partys every thursday - friday - saturday ..

PhAtBoYMr2
06-24-2006, 11:31 AM

HAHAHA!

been there done that, many times...

the thing about "raves" are if there are no drugs involved than its usually not a real "rave".....just an observation ive made over time.

The Golden Child
06-24-2006, 11:34 AM
drugs > rave ..

Brandon C
06-24-2006, 01:05 PM
If you really want give me a Call I played at and Promted Partys in Atlanta, Florida and Alabama For well over ten years now and still have many many connections to DJ's Sound and Lights plus many venues. The Whole reason why I stopped promoting Partys was I was tired of loosing money. Th last event we threw was last year with DJ MAGIC MIKE AND JIMMY JOSLYN. If you need advice just call number is in the sig...

PSINXS
06-24-2006, 03:54 PM
thanks 45

DnBmama05
06-24-2006, 04:08 PM
haha i had this idea for my 16th birthday... i wanted someone to bring their turntables and junk and spin some hardcore drum n bass in my garage... i had all the crazy lights a few years ago so i had the lighting taken care of, but i didn't have a dj... we still had a good time though. so why don't you go to a venue like the masquerade or somewhere for your 'rave'? did you just want to throw one yourself?

DnBmama05
06-24-2006, 04:09 PM
oh... lemme word that differently... i didn't mean throw one at the masquerade... i was just wondering why you wouldn't just go there to party?

ct9a gsr
06-24-2006, 04:50 PM
Heh... these types of parties can go many different ways. Not sure if anyone's familar with the Globe Theatre when they were open, but I remember attending that venue somewhat frequently when I was younger (even went to their first opening night feat. Spacemen)... with the right music and right crowd, it's a *very* fun experience that's more focused on the party kids... I loosely use the word "raver" or "raves" due to the misconception behind it.

What sucks though, is as time passed by, the Globe become more and more trashy and people saw it as a haven for their drug abuse. Don't get me wrong, I don't see an issue with drug use (to an extent) at a party but when the prime focus of going to a party for some people is to abuse drugs to the maximum effect, it becomes quite trashy. E-tards picking each other around or gathering in puddles on the dance floor always irked me. Taking a roll and enchaning your experience while enjoying the music and dancing is one thing... taking a roll and drowing yourself in its euphoria by turning into a numb idiot is another... kinda get what I'm saying?

Also, you gotta gather the right crowd of people for these types of parties. The usual people who goto a house party to get drunk and listen to hip hop or the usual club goers who enjoy booty-dance'n and waving a cup of liquor in the air while bobbing their heads up 'n down usually don't enjoy or aprpeciate the different style and vibe that a "rave" brings... it's a night 'n day difference. A lot of people don't like to dance, are too shy to, or don't know how to. When a lot of these types of ppl goto an event like this, you get an empty dance floor and a shitty vibe. There also are those people who pick up a pair of glowsticks and think there's no art or form in dancing with them... instead, waving them around like an idiot... which pisses me off since it's like unintentionally making fun of people who actually do dance with sticks or lights.

I dunno where I'm exactly going with this post, lol, except for griping 'bout my experiences. I've been going to parties (or "raves") for 'bout 6yrs now and have seen it all. Gather the right people, get the right equipment, play the right music, and produce the right vibe and you can't ask for a better experience... sober or not. If you plan out an event, let me know if you want some help... I still chill with some party kids or "ravers"...

oh, and btw, the Masquerade is fk'n terrible... never stepped foot into that event again since I saw BT there years ago play live without tables (which by the way, he's comming to Atlanta in a few weeks).

The Golden Child
06-24-2006, 04:51 PM
Heh... these types of parties can go many different ways. Not sure if anyone's familar with the Globe Theatre when they were open, but I remember attending that venue somewhat frequently when I was younger (even went to their first opening night feat. Spacemen)... with the right music and right crowd, it's a *very* fun experience that's more focused on the party kids... I loosely use the word "raver" or "raves" due to the misconception behind it.

What sucks though, is as time passed by, the Globe become more and more trashy and people saw it as a haven for their drug abuse. Don't get me wrong, I don't see an issue with drug use (to an extent) at a party but when the prime focus of going to a party for some people is to abuse drugs to the maximum effect, it becomes quite trashy. E-tards picking each other around or gathering in puddles on the dance floor always irked me. Taking a roll and enchaning your experience while enjoying the music and dancing is one thing... taking a roll and drowing yourself in its euphoria by turning into a numb idiot is another... kinda get what I'm saying?

Also, you gotta gather the right crowd of people for these types of parties. The usual people who goto a house party to get drunk and listen to hip hop or the usual club goers who enjoy booty-dance'n and waving a cup of liquor in the air while bobbing their heads up 'n down usually don't enjoy or aprpeciate the different style and vibe that a "rave" brings... it's a night 'n day difference. A lot of people don't like to dance, are too shy to, or don't know how to. When a lot of these types of ppl goto an event like this, you get an empty dance floor and a shitty vibe. There also are those people who pick up a pair of glowsticks and think there's no art or form in dancing with them... instead, waving them around like an idiot... which pisses me off since it's like unintentionally making fun of people who actually do dance with sticks or lights.

I dunno where I'm exactly going with this post, lol, except for griping 'bout my experiences. I've been going to parties (or "raves") for 'bout 6yrs now and have seen it all. Gather the right people, get the right equipment, play the right music, and produce the right vibe and you can't ask for a better experience... sober or not. If you plan out an event, let me know if you want some help... I still chill with some party kids or "ravers"...

oh, and btw, the Masquerade is fk'n terrible... never stepped foot into that event again since I saw BT there years ago play live without tables (which by the way, he's comming to Atlanta in a few weeks).

did you go to PVD ??

ct9a gsr
06-24-2006, 04:55 PM
did you go to PVD ??

Yes... seen him the past 3 yrs and in my opinion, as the years go by, his events are less entertaining... especially with his new rule of "no glowsticks" that was being strictly enfornced at Eleven50 this past event. Granted there were people who tried to dance with lights for a few minutes but they mysteriously kept vanishing throughout the night.

The Golden Child
06-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Yes... seen him the past 3 yrs and in my opinion, as the years go by, his events are less entertaining... especially with his new rule of "no glowsticks" that was being strictly enfornced at Eleven50 this past event. Granted there were people who tried to dance with lights for a few minutes but they mysteriously kept vanishing throughout the night.

just wondering cause i thought i saw your car but who knows ..

The Golden Child
06-24-2006, 05:09 PM
yea i recorded some vids of them people outside with the glow stick ..
i have like 10 - 30 second clips ..
i didnt even see anyone inside using glow sticks ..
almost got kicked in the face by some kid break dancing ..

DnBmama05
06-24-2006, 06:05 PM

I used to go to the globe a good bit before it closed down... and yes, it was trashy... and yeah, there were a LOT of idiots sitting around "blowing eachother up"... but what everyone else was doing never bothered me. i always went sober and had a good time no matter what... i would dance my ass off and wake up the next morning sore... i think it's all your attitude and how you think of it. i went to the church before it closed also... it was a great venue... and as far as the masquerade... some of the best parties i've ever been to were there mainly because the dj's were spinning some sick tracks and the vibe was awesome. the place never bothers me if the party is bangin. i've been to the loft once... plenty of dance floor, but the one time i went the sound was WAY too loud and i heard the same about world of drum n bass when it came around. just my :2cents:

AudiGirlTT
06-24-2006, 06:36 PM
I used to have the best time at the Globe watching all the etards and tweakers... I always went sober, I had a great time hanging out with my friends and enjoying the music... Like Whit said.. its all in what you make it :)

ct9a gsr
06-24-2006, 06:39 PM
I think one of my favorite parts of going to the Globe was seeing the party girls who could actually dance... I remember there were these two amazingly cute/hot girls that wore white/pink UFO's and were pretty decent POI (glowstringing) dancers... saw them quite often at the Globe. =]