PDA

View Full Version : Define a Ricer

B16a2 Civic
03-08-2005, 10:47 AM
being a ricer though...whas that all about...? ..i always thought a ricer was someone who makes there car out faster then it really is( i.e sayin your civic is 500 at the wheel with a intake and muffler) and puttin all kinds of crap on it like underglow neons inside and out the car, fillin it with stickers of parts they dont have, an unsizably high wing, outragous bodykit etc...whats your "persona" of a ricer...or do you agree with my take on it

Kevykev
03-08-2005, 10:48 AM
here we go again....

*EDIT*
"I got Lammaghini Dohs on mah ESC CO LAADE"
-50 Cent

B16a2 Civic
03-08-2005, 10:49 AM
well im somewhat new to this site...so if this is a repeat thread my bad..i just wanna know ya'll opinion on it

Jerry
03-08-2005, 10:51 AM
I agree with ya. I make fun of myself. I call myself domestic rice just because I am hooking up an amercan car.

4dmin
03-08-2005, 10:53 AM
"ricer" is a scapegoat term for anything you don't like automotively...

for instance racer would call a body kit "rice", show guy would call altezza "rice"... i personally think jdm wannabes and drifter bandwagoners are just the same... seriously, how many people you see running their mouth about JDM this JDM that but their car was made in the US and is lefthand drive or some dumb kid buys a 240 and drives really fast in circles in a parking lot suddenly hes a drifter ;)

the whole automotive scene has been played 1trillion times over... every has their own pinions or taste... like me personally i think lambo doors are kinda gay unless the car is exotic.

b18hb
03-08-2005, 10:53 AM
it seems like a the term ricer is applied to just about any car or person the speaker doesn't like (if that car is modified, or the person is into modifying cars). its a super lamo played out term.

civic95
03-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Lambo doors
17" wheels
Headlight/Taillight conversions

JK.. Who cares, do whatever you want to your car (This applies to everyone).

for the most part anything not "JDM" or "Drift Style" is considered rice by most people.

Kevykev
03-08-2005, 10:56 AM
well im somewhat new to this site...so if this is a repeat thread my bad..i just wanna know ya'll opinion on it

oh it's all good bro... no pun intended.

B16a2 Civic
03-08-2005, 10:57 AM
thats what i was thinkin...honestly...sayin someone else is a "ricer"...basically is a hater....but everyone is entitled to their own opinion...thas suntin i'll always respect.....you'll always get your compliments and complaints

soul
03-08-2005, 10:57 AM
make this thread cause someone called you a ricer.......

B16a2 Civic
03-08-2005, 10:58 AM
naah, i've been called one before, it doesn't bother me, i just wanted to know in everyone's mind, what do they think a ricer is

4dmin
03-08-2005, 11:03 AM
naah, i've been called one before, it doesn't bother me, i just wanted to know in everyone's mind, what do they think a ricer is good people are fucking dumb...

you want to know what rice is here: http://importatlanta.com/wtf.php

Jerry
03-08-2005, 11:07 AM
good people are fucking dumb...

you want to know what rice is here: http://importatlanta.com/wtf.php

HEhe yeah the WTF area. also if you have not already see checkout this site.

http://www.laughatrice.com/
http://www.laughatrice.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/g28p04.jpg thats a sad thing to do to a nice car

ct9a gsr
03-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Hmm... I think a "ricer" is someone who consumes rice... and on that note, I eat a bowl of steamed rice on an almost daily basis... especially those microwaveable ones they sell on Buford Hwy... oh man, that stuff is sooo good!

I won't dare talk about the automotive definition of "ricer", it might close another thread. ;)

speed
03-08-2005, 11:19 AM
jdm is rice.

chuck
03-08-2005, 11:19 AM
the best way i can decribe what i think of as rice is just something to deosn't look like it could be factory on ANY car, this could be anything from body kits or rims that in no way match the lines of a car, to just messy installs (gauges, switches, body kits, seats, spoilers, neons and other lights, etc.)...in my opinion primer isn't rice its just the color of construction, sometimes people who drive their car every day can't put their stuff in a shop. i think if you take a car to someone far overseas that knows very well what a car is, but just isn't familiar with your brand name or model of car (or how much it cost), that they shouldn't be able to tell the difference between what came on it and what you put on/in it.

4dmin
03-08-2005, 11:21 AM
jdm is rice.ya... is your car rhd?

HiPSI
03-08-2005, 11:21 AM
this topic has been beaten to death 302394203498230498230 times...

Brett
03-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Hmm... I think a "ricer" is someone who consumes rice... and on that note, I eat a bowl of steamed rice on an almost daily basis... especially those microwaveable ones they sell on Buford Hwy... oh man, that stuff is sooo good!

I won't dare talk about the automotive definition of "ricer", it might close another thread. ;)

HA HA HA HA HA

quickdodgeŽ
03-08-2005, 04:20 PM
See Chuck? I didn't unlock it to lolol. Later, QD.