PDA

View Full Version : Misc quick question for docs or anyone who may know

2.0civic
06-22-2006, 04:22 PM
about a month ago, my girl went to the ER. She thought she had a yeast infection. She went to the ER because she said that she was itching really bad (after taking medicine) that it was painful and that she thought she was having an allergic reaction to some medicine... So after 4 hours in the waiting room and 3 more actually seeing doctors, they tell her that she was allergic to medicine and to take some different shit they perscribed. so she went for a checkup two weeks ago...they called her about an hour ago saying that she needs to come in IMMEDIATELY for another check up. She said they did bloodwork and she thinks its about that but my thing is, if its "just another checkup", why would thye leave a voicemail saying she needed to come in immediately if its just to discuss bloodwork?

BABY J
06-22-2006, 04:26 PM
STD - they will usually not discuss this over the phone. Cervical cancer... anything.

2.0civic
06-22-2006, 04:29 PM
STD - they will usually not discuss this over the phone. Cervical cancer... anything.

shit. ive been checked twice in 6 months for STD's and came out negative both times. She got tested right after we got together. Fuck!!! im worried as shit now

2.0civic
06-22-2006, 05:56 PM
fuck. im going to go get tested again.

C22H19N3O4
06-23-2006, 02:56 AM
I wouldn't jump the gun and assume it is STD related. Some doctor's offices just say the wrong things (inadvertently) and patients decipher that as something dreadful. I think we've all been there. I would ask the name of the medication she was on, but that's too personal. :) Did she mention the type of blood work? They should have mentioned it before they took the sample. I would assume it was a typical CBC.

BTW, an "all-in-one STD screening" does not include testing for herpes, HPV, and HIV. They have to be specifically requested.

I'm sure everything will be fine. :goodjob:

uncle_el
07-10-2006, 08:13 PM
any updates?

BTW, an "all-in-one STD screening" does not include testing for herpes, HPV, and HIV. They have to be specifically requested.

there is no blood test for herpes, nor for hpv. hiv cannot be tested for without the consent of the patient.

C22H19N3O4
07-11-2006, 12:11 AM
any updates?

there is no blood test for herpes, nor for hpv. hiv cannot be tested for without the consent of the patient.

I should have been clear about the HPV screening, but is it not misleading to state there are no blood tests for HSV? What would you do if it were asymptomatic? What if the viral culture wasn't obtained in time? Would a HerpeSelect HSV -1/2 not suffice? Am I missing something?

BTW, I think the update was in another section.

2.0civic
07-11-2006, 12:13 AM
not really any update other than my shit isnt burning, itching, or popping up with warts

4dmin
07-11-2006, 01:11 PM
it could be nothing... they could of just fucked up the bloodwork and need to retake it, she could have aids, she could have some other shit they need to test for, etc... don't sweat it until you get the FOR SURE on anything. what hospital are you going to?

Wurm
07-11-2006, 01:13 PM
It's SARS

C22H19N3O4
07-11-2006, 02:29 PM
she could have aids,

I'm sure that will ease his mind. :D