PDA

View Full Version : help kade not running right

hotrodb16
06-21-2006, 07:24 PM
just baught this s13 with 160,000 on it ran fine during test drive after i got it it it stated to hesitate under medium and hard throtle. started to get worse now it runs but barley while driving anything over quarter throttle it dose not accelerate. if u try to give it gas feels like it tryes to go but then dosent. i think it may be my air flow meter. any sudgestions on how to eliminate or confrm the air flow meter. or any other sudgestions on the cause of this.

SLow_POke
06-21-2006, 07:41 PM
just baught this s13 with 160,000 on it ran fine during test drive after i got it it it stated to hesitate under medium and hard throtle. started to get worse now it runs but barley while driving anything over quarter throttle it dose not accelerate. if u try to give it gas feels like it tryes to go but then dosent. i think it may be my air flow meter. any sudgestions on how to eliminate or confrm the air flow meter. or any other sudgestions on the cause of this.

not to familiar with nissans but . my buddy had one with similar problem just gott new MAF and fixed the problem . cant remember how tot test MAF but try a known working one . from a friend .

hotrodb16
06-21-2006, 07:50 PM
yea well hard to bring my self to try a $400 part

SLow_POke
06-21-2006, 08:04 PM
yea well hard to bring my self to try a $400 part

well if you any one else with the same engine . swao it for a few minutes .see if it works . best thing i can say :doh:

hotrodb16
06-21-2006, 08:11 PM
yea prechiate it man

3kgtdrvr
06-22-2006, 06:11 PM
u can tap on it and if the engine stumble or something then thats it. also u can take it out and check to see it its dirty. u check the distributor and plus and wires and all?

Lucient
06-22-2006, 08:36 PM
You might need to check your spark plug wires and the plugs themselves. Sounds like thats the problem. Have you done basic tune up maintenance(Plugs, wires, rotor, cap, fuel filter, etc). If you still think its the MAFS I have a used one I would sell you for $25