PDA

View Full Version : Incorporating...

speedminded
06-21-2006, 01:10 PM
I've compared all the legal intities for creating a business and have decided to go ahead with Inc. It was either that or LLC but see no problems with liability issues in the future (knock on wood). Plus already have the website with the name which includes inc :tongue: Got the paperwork from the Secretary of State and have to throw the ad in the paper...guess getting a tax ID number will be in the works shortly there after :dunno:

Ha, the little things add up quick...advertising, business cards, general overhead items, etc. Always said you're not going to make enough working for someone else....and sometimes you just have to starve yourself before a feast :)

silver
06-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Hey if you ever need someone for a clerical position let me know ;) lol.. jk but hey if the price is right you never know, lol

speedminded
06-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Hey if you ever need someone for a clerical position let me know ;) lol.. jk but hey if the price is right you never know, lolBut i already have 2 or 3 sexetaries :tongue:

carrascopa
06-21-2006, 03:00 PM
what r u gettin into Jason???

seriously, u may want to consider havaing an attorney prepare your articles of incorporation for you.. ALso set up some stock for yourself.. even if it is only 100 shares at a price of a penny each.. you would own all of them of course, but it would enable u to sell of and liquidate easier without losing 100% ownership interest.
I would say, use my attorney, but than again he sucked.. his advise was great though, just a slow moving mofo...

good luck with it though..

speedminded
06-21-2006, 03:14 PM
what r u gettin into Jason???

seriously, u may want to consider havaing an attorney prepare your articles of incorporation for you.. ALso set up some stock for yourself.. even if it is only 100 shares at a price of a penny each.. you would own all of them of course, but it would enable u to sell of and liquidate easier without losing 100% ownership interest.
I would say, use my attorney, but than again he sucked.. his advise was great though, just a slow moving mofo...

good luck with it though..That's exactly the stuff i was trying to avoid by going with the LLC...but I'll continue to read through the paperwork and see what route to take. Had a few friends incorporate using their attorneys and they all said they could have/would have just done it themselves...who knows.

BABY J
06-21-2006, 03:31 PM
I setup as an LLC, and as long as your banking is separate then they can't come after YOUR finances, only your business' earnings. www.irs.gov (http://www.irs.gov/) will square you away for the TAX ID/EIN, the form is called an SS-4. Also for tax purposes PM me, and I can square you away on that too. There's some things you may want to know (as far as what all you can write off).

Romeyo07
06-21-2006, 03:45 PM
what do you do? Link to your website?

speedminded
06-21-2006, 03:51 PM
what do you do? Link to your website?not incorporated yet silly, not releasing any info until then...but it's really nothing that would pertain to this site and would be interesting to only a small percentage of people on here.

Romeyo07
06-21-2006, 03:53 PM
I've been in the internet marketing business for years now, just curious to know how you're tackling the online business aspect of your company. Do you have a designer? What are you doing for online marketing?

speedminded
06-21-2006, 04:10 PM
I've been in the internet marketing business for years now, just curious to know how you're tackling the online business aspect of your company. Do you have a designer? What are you doing for online marketing?lol, aw...gotcha. So far the page is only on photoshop...slowly converting the layers to html and/or flash. Haven't figured out how i want to do it exactly...as for marketing, a majority of the clients will be going through operation managers so once they are consolidated all is golden :)

silver
06-21-2006, 04:22 PM
Oh I think I know.. it would be interesting to me wouldnt it?? considering my line of work? am I on the right track?

speedminded
06-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Oh I think I know.. it would be interesting to me wouldnt it?? considering my line of work? am I on the right track?yes, you're exactly right! I've come up with a 100% fail safe contraceptive for hooker's and i'm trying to market it :tongue:

BABY J
06-21-2006, 04:36 PM
D'OH!!!! LMAO!!! HA HA

silver
06-21-2006, 04:37 PM
yes, you're exactly right! I've come up with a 100% fail safe contraceptive for hooker's and i'm trying to market it :tongue:

Haha.. I knew when I used the phrase "in my line of work" that I was going to get an answer like that, lol

Julio
06-21-2006, 05:01 PM
you coulvde get a TAX ID # before all that.

speedminded
06-22-2006, 10:12 AM
you coulvde get a TAX ID # before all that.using SS#? ...but i'd keep the business stuff seperate from home and other personal things...but working on writing off the shop as an office and trying to figure out the SUV loophole on leasing and purschasing...think they fixed that last year though.

BABY J
06-22-2006, 10:15 AM
Do not use your SSN bro. That can royally fuck u in the dooky chute later. Especially if you own property or plan to, or plan to get the SBA (or banks) to give you a grant/loan. It only takes minutes to print out the SS-4 from www.irs.gov (http://www.irs.gov/) and send in the paperwork.

speedminded
06-22-2006, 10:22 AM
Do not use your SSN bro. That can royally fuck u in the dooky chute later. Especially if you own property or plan to, or plan to get the SBA (or banks) to give you a grant/loan. It only takes minutes to print out the SS-4 from www.irs.gov (http://www.irs.gov/) and send in the paperwork.exactly, mentioned above i was keeping them seperate because of my house, cd's, etc.

BABY J
06-22-2006, 10:23 AM
OH. I think I misread. My bad bro.

silver
06-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Is it true that people with bad credit can get a tax ID # and pretty much start a new credit line with a made up company name? Cause a Tax ID # from what I understand is basically a SS# but for a business.

Romeyo07
06-22-2006, 02:38 PM
Welp, I'll be more than happy to lend a hand in constructive critisism on your site, or if you'd like it to be professionally done/hosted, etc.

Kevykev
06-22-2006, 06:21 PM
But i already have 2 or 3 sexetaries :tongue:

bahahahaaaaaa!

Join the Binneh Owners club man!

While i'm talkin', i need ot renew my license..... :o

IntegraXTR
06-23-2006, 11:12 AM
whatever you do you're gonna hire me right jason?