PDA

View Full Version : Overheating

SupraCoupe
06-21-2006, 05:52 AM
Here's the problem my sr20det has been overheating the past few weeks, it only begins to get hot when I'm on the highway for a long period of time but driving stop and go it stays normal the only thing that I've changed is the spark plugs, someone told me I might be using to hot of a plug I'm not sure need some help ASAP

3kgtdrvr
06-22-2006, 06:15 PM
i say start off with flushing the coolant and putting a new thermostat in and if it doesnt work then it wont hurt to have that done anyway

2.2L
06-22-2006, 09:31 PM
eww if its been overheating for over a week by now the head gaskets are probably blown too because i got my prelude overheated and after like a couple of weeks the car would have trouble starting in the cold. and when i took it to honda they said the car overheated and blew the gasket right away.

3kgtdrvr
06-22-2006, 09:41 PM
it depends on how hot and how long and all sorts of stuff. i just fixed a car this week that overheated and she didnt crack a head or block or even blow the head gasket. its possible it did but its also very possible it didnt. if u kept an eye on the temp gauge and made sure it didnt get really hot but just that it was getting hotter than normal then id say go for the coolant and thermostat first.

PS: dont drive a car that overheats lol

SupraCoupe
06-23-2006, 07:32 AM
It only overheats if I drivie for about 15 min on the highway and hell yeah I kept my eye on the gauge

SLow_POke
06-23-2006, 10:14 AM
It only overheats if I drivie for about 15 min on the highway and hell yeah I kept my eye on the gauge
so does it over heat or run hotter then normal temperature?

KevinT707
06-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Its a Nissan, what do you expect? BTW, I do remember you calling me out a couple months ago saying I was slow or something like that. How about a friendly run after you get your problems situated. :)

1civic
06-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Are you still running a SMIC ? Also If your A/F Is High it can cause it to run Hot...Do you know your A/F ?... Plus a Water pump will do it too...There are a Number of things it could be.. Post what you have done.."MODS"... Maybe we can help with a little more info... :D

SupraCoupe
06-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Are you sure I called you out or my boy with the black 240sx which he doesn't have anymore but I'll still run you when everything said and done
Its a Nissan, what do you expect? BTW, I do remember you calling me out a couple months ago saying I was slow or something like that. How about a friendly run after you get your problems situated. :)

SupraCoupe
06-23-2006, 06:57 PM
Are you still running a SMIC ? Also If your A/F Is High it can cause it to run Hot...Do you know your A/F ?... Plus a Water pump will do it too...There are a Number of things it could be.. Post what you have done.."MODS"... Maybe we can help with a little more info... :D
Front mount, I have no A/F meter so I'm not sure and I have no "MODS" :D