PDA

View Full Version : Scam?

Kelly
06-20-2006, 07:46 AM
So me and some of my friends went to Downtown Atl this past weekend. We ate at the Hard Rock, walked around, then headed back to the Tahoe. We got there only to find two boots (sp?) on the tires. A sticker on the tahoe read "Your vehicle has been unauthorized, please call this #... for more details". WTF? There was no reason at all for this to have happened. We called the number and they said "we'll have someone there in 20 minutes". Huge joke! We waited over an hour only to have to argue with this stupid guy who says we didn't pay! WE WERE POSITIVE THAT WE PAID! He "took a video" of the box we put money into and said it only had one dollar in it. It was so obvious that it could've been super easy to simply take the money out and then take the "video". What a joke... It was suppose to be a $50 fine- we argued enough to talk him down to $30. Then he gave us a number to call if we "wanted to complain". We paid it then called and they acted like they weren't gonna give us the money back. Then my friend said she was gonna call the City Hall and he totally backed down and said he'd reimburse her immediately. How stupid is that!?! :rant:

Halfwit
06-20-2006, 07:49 AM
put your own boots on it next time, then they cant put theirs on.

Kelly
06-20-2006, 07:50 AM
Ha ha... That'd be hilarious...

You got any?

Halfwit
06-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Ha ha... That'd be hilarious...

You got any?
no, I PAY WHEN IM SUPPOSED TO..lol

babygurl
06-20-2006, 07:54 AM
Sorry girl...When you have to pay the parking meter, I would over pay just to make sure!

Kelly
06-20-2006, 08:03 AM
It wasn't a parking meter. You put money into a box that matches up with the number of your parking space.

I'll just never park anywhere besides a parking garage ever again.

And no halfwit- it's stupid to have to pay a fine for somethin you didn't do... ;)

B16a2 Civic
06-20-2006, 08:05 AM
hmmmmm, seems as if my tire boot scam is catching on
~leaves~

Kelly
06-20-2006, 08:07 AM
lol... we did see on the news (that night actually) that there are scams like this going around atlanta...

Halfwit
06-20-2006, 08:07 AM
i still say put you own tire boots on.....

Kelly
06-20-2006, 08:08 AM
that would for sure work...

wonder what they'd think? ha ha...

Halfwit
06-20-2006, 08:09 AM
that would for sure work...

wonder what they'd think? ha ha...
they would think that they did it, when they see you, they would demand money, and u just look at them weird as ur taking yours off lol.. keep your eyes on them with a weird look as you undue them all..

B16a2 Civic
06-20-2006, 08:10 AM
or, get some quick release for your tires and put them on jack stands and put the tires in ya trunk, what they gon put the boot on, ya jack stands, psssssssssshhhhhhhhhh

babygurl
06-20-2006, 08:11 AM
Sorry girlie :(

Kelly
06-20-2006, 08:14 AM
or, get some quick release for your tires and put them on jack stands and put the tires in ya trunk, what they gon put the boot on, ya jack stands, psssssssssshhhhhhhhhh

Lol... :lmfao: ya'll are crazy...

Kelly
06-20-2006, 08:15 AM
Sorry girlie :(

Thanks... The good thing is we're gettin the money back. Oh & we definietly made memories. lol...

BABY J
06-20-2006, 09:01 AM
Hmmm... they never boot my Tahoe. I wonder why??? Oh well.

Kelly
06-20-2006, 09:17 AM
Ha ha....

EP3sAreFun
06-20-2006, 11:10 AM
this happened to me when i went to see a performance at the atlanta civic center, we park in a lot across the street and pay the guy money. come out after the show and everyone has boots on their cars.

atl pd just cruised by and didnt care. ofcourse the first guy had "no affiliation with the person who owned the lot" bullshit i say. Week later this was on the news.

ShooterMcGavin
06-20-2006, 11:40 AM
sounds like a bunch of bs to me, things ppl will do for a sleezy $ :jerkit:

Hulud
06-20-2006, 11:42 AM
It wasn't a parking meter. You put money into a box that matches up with the number of your parking space.

I'll just never park anywhere besides a parking garage ever again.

And no halfwit- it's stupid to have to pay a fine for somethin you didn't do... ;)
you get a piece of paper when you pay in the box to put in your winshield, if you had that then all would have been fine

Kelly
06-20-2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah, but it wasn't like that at this lot, which should've been a red flag for us...

Oh well... Live & Learn...

Killer
06-21-2006, 10:40 AM
Yeah, but it wasn't like that at this lot, which should've been a red flag for us...

Oh well... Live & Learn...

and then u get luvs.... lol.. sorry...

yeah that was for sure a scam.. u girls should never go anywhere without one of us guys again! lol... ttyl

thinkfast®
06-21-2006, 11:06 AM

damn good call son

Kelly
06-21-2006, 03:25 PM
yeah that was for sure a scam.. u girls should never go anywhere without one of us guys again! lol... ttyl

You guys think ya'll are bad. We took care of it. We got this! :tongue:

JoeCoolinATL
06-21-2006, 10:00 PM
So me and some of my friends went to Downtown Atl this past weekend. We ate at the Hard Rock, walked around, then headed back to the Tahoe. We got there only to find two boots (sp?) on the tires. A sticker on the tahoe read "Your vehicle has been unauthorized, please call this #... for more details". WTF? There was no reason at all for this to have happened. We called the number and they said "we'll have someone there in 20 minutes". Huge joke! We waited over an hour only to have to argue with this stupid guy who says we didn't pay! WE WERE POSITIVE THAT WE PAID! He "took a video" of the box we put money into and said it only had one dollar in it. It was so obvious that it could've been super easy to simply take the money out and then take the "video". What a joke... It was suppose to be a $50 fine- we argued enough to talk him down to $30. Then he gave us a number to call if we "wanted to complain". We paid it then called and they acted like they weren't gonna give us the money back. Then my friend said she was gonna call the City Hall and he totally backed down and said he'd reimburse her immediately. How stupid is that!?! :rant:

its a scam.
call apd then call them so when they get there. apd is there.

SLow_POke
06-21-2006, 10:02 PM
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
no, I PAY WHEN IM SUPPOSED TO..lol

BTLFED
06-21-2006, 10:07 PM

FTW! :goodjob: :lmfao:

DeutscheBAG!
06-21-2006, 10:09 PM
lets see them try to boot this

BTLFED
06-21-2006, 10:11 PM

Where's the flux capacitor? :confused:

DeutscheBAG!
06-21-2006, 10:13 PM
Where's the flux capacitor? :confused:

don't need one

its got a 1.8t powering it

the 1.8t can't NEEEEVVVVAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LOSE!

BTLFED
06-21-2006, 10:16 PM
don't need one

its got a 1.8t powering it

the 1.8t can't NEEEEVVVVAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR LOSE!

I guess as long as it hits 88 mph....

Kelly
06-22-2006, 07:43 AM
That's hilarious. You guys crack me up!

Killer
06-22-2006, 10:42 AM
You guys think ya'll are bad. We took care of it. We got this! :tongue:

no... we're not bad.. just NOT retarded!... and no u didn't take care of it... u paid it... which means u gave in... Nikki later on took care of it. It would have been a different story if the guys woulda been there.. first off we wouldn't have parked in a lot like that.

Kelly
06-22-2006, 10:58 AM
We were just tired and had a two hour drive back so yeah, we gave him the money- only to later get it back. Is that considered giving in?

Killer
06-22-2006, 03:11 PM
yes... cause none of u had the intentions of getting it back untill all the GUYS said it was a scam. and then again.. nikki got it back.. :tongue:

TRINI4LIFE
06-22-2006, 03:17 PM

Funnay

Kelly
06-22-2006, 03:42 PM
yes... cause none of u had the intentions of getting it back untill all the GUYS said it was a scam. and then again.. nikki got it back.. :tongue:

Because "nikki" paid for it. Duh! Lol... And no, MY judy said it was a scam before the guys said that. :cool:

Killer
06-22-2006, 04:11 PM
well.. she's MY JUDY!!!!!! and u should have listened to her!!! she's so unreal... and the love of my life!!!! lol... gah.. i'm gonna call her right now!

Kelly
06-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Lol... :tongue:

Killer
06-23-2006, 10:24 AM
by the way.. i actually did call her!!!!!!!! lol