PDA

View Full Version : Misc iPod won't charge...

Sledlude
06-19-2006, 10:28 PM
i don't thin theres anything wrong with the cable... it updates everytime I plug it in. It is just very temperamental about charging. What the hell... anyone know what to do?

v3rd1g0
06-19-2006, 10:53 PM
send that shit in haha

Stormhammer
06-20-2006, 12:49 AM
yea get a new one if its still under warranty

Jaimecbr900
06-20-2006, 11:23 AM
I've heard of people changing out their own batteries for higher capacity ones too. Be careful with that though because the higher cap batts seem to require firewire to charge rather than just USB 2.

blacknightteg
06-20-2006, 11:30 AM
they had issues with their batteries and what not from what i remember from work. if you have a warrenty on it, get them to look at it or what ever and then tehy will probably just give you a new one since thats what their supposed to do for some things.

oh and jaime....i think i saw you goin down 5 forks rd last friday.....car was lookin clean man

Jaimecbr900
06-20-2006, 11:33 AM
oh and jaime....i think i saw you goin down 5 forks rd last friday.....car was lookin clean man

Really? Where at? What were you in?

blacknightteg
06-20-2006, 11:34 AM
lol, i was in my friends focus...if i remember right it was kinda like near the qt and cvs, but im not to sure. im pretty sure it was your car though. it was around like 545 or 6 o'clock

Jaimecbr900
06-20-2006, 11:37 AM
lol, i was in my friends focus...if i remember right it was kinda like near the qt and cvs, but im not to sure. im pretty sure it was your car though. it was around like 545 or 6 o'clock

Can't remember where the heck I was going then.....it's the age thing you know LOL...... :D

I live off 5 forks and my grandmother lives off Webb Gin, so I go down 5 forks often. I freaking hate it, but I do go down it when I have to.

Sledlude
06-20-2006, 08:36 PM
it seemed to charge fine when i hooked it up to the comp. at school. just not here.... ??

where do i take it? the apple store at lennox?

Jaimecbr900
06-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Then it may not be the Ipod's fault. I had the same problem with one of mine and found that it would only charge when I used the Firewire to charge it. Try that and see.

Sledlude
06-20-2006, 11:46 PM
what the fuck is a firewire. is that the cord it came with? because thats what ive been using.
pardon me, i seem to be getting more stupid by the minute.

Jaimecbr900
06-21-2006, 07:45 AM
what the fuck is a firewire. is that the cord it came with? because thats what ive been using.
pardon me, i seem to be getting more stupid by the minute.

Regular USB 2.0 and Firewire (to the right).

Firewire is faster and is sometimes required for certain types of batteries (upgrades most of the time or different version of IPOD). The end that plugs into your PC is different, so you have to have PC that has a firewire connection on it. Not all have that like USB. Only reason I suggest this is because I bought a used Ipod that had an upgraded higher cap batt and the only way to charge it is via firewire, USB 2.0 won't work.

Just use a friend's firewire hook up to see if yours will take a charge with that. If not, then your batt is probably shot.

AtLRSX-S
06-26-2006, 01:12 AM
it somtimes could be that if you leave your ipod charging for a long time then it messes up your battery...that could possibly be why your ipod is not charging

Crowml
06-26-2006, 08:33 AM
I can swap out the battery for you if you need. I wont charge you anything just buy the battery and tools (I'll tell you where you can get it for cheap) and drive to me.

PM me if you determine it's the battery

4dmin
06-26-2006, 09:31 AM
ya swap the batter ;)

nunyadamnbiz
06-26-2006, 09:34 AM
yeah they have alot of problems with the internal battery...you know the one that you cant get to to change it....bring it back in mine did the same thing...30gig video