PDA

View Full Version : Retail

Ms Dollar
06-19-2006, 03:56 PM
Ok...I don't need anyone telling me where to look for jobs but I am just curious if anyone knows of any places Retail-wise that hire for at least $10/hour with possible commission. I need to make at least that and I am unemployed right now. Anything that has positions open IMMEDIATELY would be awesome. I am only getting $135/week from unemployment right now. Thanks in advance.

ps.
I have 3+ years of Management, Accounting, and Customer Service Experience. I have worked in Retail for about 6 years.

Julio
06-19-2006, 04:42 PM
Quiktrip.com
Racetrac.com
Cingular.com
Sprint.com

I know for a fact those places are hiring w/ good pay to start of In management within in stores positions or at Corporate levels.

Ms Dollar
06-19-2006, 04:46 PM
thanks babes...I have my resume in at cingular.com for an admin position, if there are any other openings do you know off hand if I have to apply again...i'm so lazy i'll just go to the website and see...

thanks again by the way

Sirk
06-19-2006, 05:39 PM
Quiktrip, racetrac sucks. You'll start out at 10.31 + bonus, take home with no deductions about 2k or so a month after tax. If you're good you can move up within 6-8 months to 12.xx + higher percentage of the bonus, expect to be in the 30k-45k a year at that point depending on store. QT only promotes from within, starting manager sched is kinda shitty, either all nights or a mix of morning, evening, nights. Definately a fast paced job though, days and weeks fly by. PM if you're interested.

Julio
06-19-2006, 07:14 PM
Quiktrip, racetrac sucks. You'll start out at 10.31 + bonus, take home with no deductions about 2k or so a month after tax. If you're good you can move up within 6-8 months to 12.xx + higher percentage of the bonus, expect to be in the 30k-45k a year at that point depending on store. QT only promotes from within, starting manager sched is kinda shitty, either all nights or a mix of morning, evening, nights. Definately a fast paced job though, days and weeks fly by. PM if you're interested.

Why does racetrac sucks? Aparently, you work for Qt wich I understand why you say racetrac sucks? But please explain.

swtgapeach421 : Jobs Opening at the Racetrac Support Center
Store Support Center Positions

Job Title
Department
Region

Assistant Project Manager
Construction
Georgia

Project Manager
Construction
Georgia

Safety Trainer
Energy Dispatch
Georgia

Staffing Coordinator
Human Resources
East Florida

College Recruiter
Human Resources
Georgia

Developer
Information Systems
Georgia

Network Administrator
Information Systems
Georgia

Website Manager
Information Systems
Georgia

Maintenance Image Technician
Maintenance
Southeast Florida

Regional Director of Maintenance
Maintenance
Southwest Florida

Category Analyst
Marketing / Category Management
Georgia

Operations Support Services
Baton Rouge

Dallas/ Ft. Worth

Staffing Coordinator
Southeast Florida

Real Estate Analyst
Real Estate
Georgia

Transportation Analyst
Supply & Distribution
Georgia

Dominic49
06-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Nordstroms pays real well and 10% commision didn't hurt

Sirk
06-19-2006, 09:00 PM
Well obviously, they are a competitor, but I'm just not impressed with the appearance of their stores, employees, etc. Sure, it could be a nice place to work, they offer competitive pay to everything QT offers, but, QT is the leader. I could go into more detail if it's really necessary.

Julio
06-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Well obviously, they are a competitor, but I'm just not impressed with the appearance of their stores, employees, etc. Sure, it could be a nice place to work, they offer competitive pay to everything QT offers, but, QT is the leader. I could go into more detail if it's really necessary.

Keep going, I would like to know? Actually, No need to. I worked for QT for 5 years. I know. ;) Racetrac Pays More ;) Racetrac is more relaxed ;) Racetrac Has better Benefits ;) Racetrac been around 70 years Compare to QT's 40 something ;) Racetrac has older stores in the GA market that look pretty bad, I wont lie, But racetrac has also built newer stores over the past 5 years, That QT will need to step up to the plate...
They both have slow stores and high Volume stores..
I know what QT does and What Racetrac does, I have contacts inside QT right now.. (pretty sad,I know ).. lol But they both have stores that are killing each other with inside and outside sales, Believe me man, Dont believe the Hype. ;)

QT = to much politics.. Main Reason I left.

Sirk
06-20-2006, 12:38 PM
I don't believe the hype, I know that the job of the ITs are to hype you up about the company etc. It's easy to see through it, but regardless it's still a good job. The people that work there are great, and the regular customers are just as much fun. I don't see that when I go into Racetrac's. I see people that are bored, I see dirty stores, I see crusty burnt hot dogs/taquitos. I see poor customer service. I'm not trying to argue with you, you've seen more/experienced more than I have. I'm simply giving my opinion based on my experiences.

blacknightteg
06-20-2006, 12:45 PM
BEST BUY FTW! lol

Wurm
06-20-2006, 01:17 PM
stripper?

Julio
06-20-2006, 02:51 PM
I don't believe the hype, I know that the job of the ITs are to hype you up about the company etc. It's easy to see through it, but regardless it's still a good job. The people that work there are great, and the regular customers are just as much fun. I don't see that when I go into Racetrac's. I see people that are bored, I see dirty stores, I see crusty burnt hot dogs/taquitos. I see poor customer service. I'm not trying to argue with you, you've seen more/experienced more than I have. I'm simply giving my opinion based on my experiences.

What store you work at ? And how long you been w/ QT ?

I was a Pt Clerk, FT clerk, Clerk Trainer, 2a, RNA, 2a ER then IT, Then a 1A.. the Mgr ER, Then left. All that by the time I was 21.

Let me tell you something about QT.. After about 1 year or so, after they learn and see you perform, they set out a plan for you, they already know what you are going to do for the company, might be good, might be bad.
QT train there people to act like robots through CSA bonus etc etc.. that shit is annoying. Believe me, I had fun while I was there and worked my ass off. Worked at the most Ghetto stores, (701, 712, 721 and the list goes on ) and Felt so under apreciated is not even funny. Yea, The pay was great I was 20 years old making 40K+ a year and shit.. But I wanted more and was hungry at the time. Craig Hall Was my Supervisor at the time, he was over me while on ER, I thought I was so close to getting my own store.. but was shit on by That SOB, I heard he has moved on to better and bigger things with QT since. I found through 2 people that are no longer with QT Bill Barrett and Sharriff Hassan, they told me reason for not getting promoted, I was to young, I was about to turn 21.. After that, I said fuck them, I left to a better offer at Racetrac and now Im part of something bigger.

Yeah, I will agree Racetrac has some shitty stores, So does QT, I mean, Have you been into 701, 712 or 721? Is retail shitty shit everywhere.

Don't know, what your position is at QT.. But Racetrac dont play that card, and is much more relax to, sometimes a bit to relax, thats why you see some sorry ass employees at our stores, believe me man, I know.. we have some sorry ass clerks or Associates.

MachNU
06-20-2006, 02:59 PM
??? Just a thought but Julio you work at Racetrack dont you? :D

Sirk
06-21-2006, 01:35 AM
Yeah, like I said. I'm not trying to argue with you about this. I really enjoy doing what I do there. I'm an RA at 765 right now, off of Haynes Bridge. I don't plan to make a career out of this if I'm going to be stuck in a store. It's fun, but I also want to be apart of something bigger. I do agree though that they want us to be robots. Then again, they want QT to be viewed as professional as possible.