PDA

View Full Version : Sooo.. My '05 STi has mismatched VIN plates.

Miranda
06-19-2006, 02:13 PM
:rant:

As some of you may know, I have an '05 with a roll cage that's all race kaa ready. I also used to date the biggest douchebag that ever crossed the sea from Europe into this beautiful country, Tom. So, I'm sure you can imagine how effed up this story is gonna be.

Sometime after my little falling out with Speed of Top, Tom convinced me that we needed to use them as a sponsor. I was like, :confused: , but he was like :D , so eventually I said ok. So, the race kaa went up and sat at Deepspot for a while, while we started on the caging process.

At that time, there was also a 2005 STi belonging to Classic Cadillac/Subaru sitting up at the shop. NEVER ONCE WHEN I WAS THERE DID I EEEEVEEER SEE ITS DASH APART. THE CAR WAS ALWAYS INTACT!

Fast forward to a week ago.

I get a phone call from Subaru telling me that my vin plates are mismatched, and that I need to bring my car to where Classic Subaru's STi is to have the DMV take a look-see. I go :rly:. Then I think about it for a few minutes, and it just seems waaay too big a coincidence that my STi and the Classic STi (which I called and verified as the one that had sat at the pot of speed) would be the only two STis in existence with this mismatch. So I make a few more phone calls to various sources of some varying degrees of intel. I also call Deepspot and speak to Giovanni for two minutes, who didn't seem very interested in my phone call, but promised to have someone call me back.

I will say this... Tray tried to call me, and he was totally clueless (I don't think he was working there at the time), but he told me Tom (who also wasn't returning my phone calls) told him he must have accidentally picked up the wrong dash piece. I said bullshit.

So finally Tom calls me back and acts like I knew what was going on. He actually tried to act like I knew he had switched the dashes with the "parts car" as he put it (apparently meaning the Classic car). And I'm just flabbergasted. Why would I ever be OK with him switching parts with another person's car, ESPECIALLY when there's a vin plate on it?!?!?!?

So, today I spoke to a gentleman at Classic who will be handling the issue, and I'm stuck in a holding pattern with a mismatched vin until they can come to some kind of resolution.

I cannot believe how big an ASS Tom is. What a douchebag for doing this to me AND to Topspeed. I certainly hope Topspeed didn't know about these swaps, and I really hope Tom gets whats coming to him. He has absolutely no respect for anyone else/'s property.

</rant>

~ Miranda

Scrappy
06-19-2006, 02:17 PM
yikes!

BABY J
06-19-2006, 02:19 PM
**grabs popcorn**

OH FUCKIN SNAP!!!

The Yousef
06-19-2006, 02:21 PM
...well that can be an issue

Miranda
06-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Oh hey there Mr. Hoppe. I see you lurking.

Miranda
06-19-2006, 02:22 PM
trhoppe, ladies and gentlemen. He's your go to guy if you need parts swapped.

fight club
06-19-2006, 02:23 PM
damn, that is a douche bag move.

trhoppe
06-19-2006, 02:24 PM
but he told me Tom (who also wasn't returning my phone calls) told him he must have accidentally picked up the wrong dash piece. I said bullshit. Exactly what happened. I already spoke to the owner of classic as well as the service manager. The little piece of plastic that holds that vin plate needs to be swapped over. It was something that was removed for the cage install, I couldn't snap it back in after the cage install, so I looked at that piece on Classic's car to see how it was installed. Its my fault for getting them mixed up. Sorry.

Glad that you also made everyone aware, that this wasn't anything to do with TopSpeed but a dumbass mistake on my part while installing the roll cage in your car.

-Tom

Scrappy
06-19-2006, 02:25 PM
trhoppe, ladies and gentlemen. He's your go to guy if you need parts swapped.

can i get a guess... is that tom? :goodjob:

but does he work for TS? cause IMO if any car is taken apart, things should be matched correctly especially if it has something that noticeable on it to be known it doesnt belong with yours... and is there any reason it happened? classics was newer, better or something? or just someone retarded should not touch things?

Repost Squintz
06-19-2006, 02:26 PM
*hmmmmmmm tapes eyes wideopen*

BABY J
06-19-2006, 02:27 PM
So the DASHES are good... only that plate? (meaning dashes are the same color, etc). I am unsure why a snap-in plate is Mitubishi's answer to ensuring which dash belongs in which vehile... seems that simply removing or swapping the plates is WAY too easy of a way to get away w/ murder. Is the vin stamped in another place on the dash as well? But hey, Mitsubishi didn't ask me.

Miranda
06-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Exactly what happened. I already spoke to the owner of classic as well as the service manager. The little piece of plastic that holds that vin plate needs to be swapped over. It was something that was removed for the cage install, I couldn't snap it back in after the cage install, so I looked at that piece on Classic's car to see how it was installed. Its my fault for getting them mixed up. Sorry.

Glad that you also made everyone aware, that this wasn't anything to do with TopSpeed but a dumbass mistake on my part while installing the roll cage in your car.

-Tom

Please. :rolleyes: Feel free to feed that bullshit to whoever will listen, but you and I both know that's a load of crap. Now I'm stuck in a bad situation because you're too cheap to fix/replace parts on my car that you broke. And btw... I'm sure the Classic STi's sun sensor's in perfect condition, right?

GsrTurbo320
06-19-2006, 02:28 PM
-drinks coke-

BABY J
06-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Tom --> what about NOT RETURNING PHONE CALLS?? (I am still tryna play devils advocate and keep a neutral ear here)

Miranda
06-19-2006, 02:31 PM
What? Don't have anything to say to that, Tom? The truth sucks, doesn't it?

Not only are you so cheap that you'll go and swap parts with other cars when you think you can get away with it, but you'll go race other peoples' cars and then refuse to fix what you broke on them.

There's something seriously wrong with you.

B16a2 Civic
06-19-2006, 02:31 PM
hmmm

trhoppe
06-19-2006, 02:32 PM
I don't work at TopSpeed and they were not performing any of the work on the roll cage install of the car. They were allowing me use of their shop space. Its a total case of
or just someone retarded should not touch things? as I couldn't figure out the way for that piece to snap back in.

The Dashes are 100% good. The piece that was mistaken/misplaced was a plastic 3" wide, 3 feet long piece that snaps down into the dash right under the windshield. It has to be pushed UP and then forward and down for it to snap. I was only trying to push it forward and it wouldn't snap.

Of course in hindsight I shouldn't have used a car that was sitting at a shop I was borrowing to see how it was installed, but I was frustrated with that little plastic piece not popping back in.

-Tom

BABY J
06-19-2006, 02:33 PM
**insert theme from Jeopardy**

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doooooooo.

Doo doo doo do DO. Do do do do do.

Doo doo doo doo doo doo doooooooo.

DO, do do do do. Do... do. BANG BONG.

Scrappy
What? Don't have anything to say to that, Tom? The truth sucks, doesn't it?

Not only are you so cheap that you'll go and swap parts with other cars when you think you can get away with it, but you'll go race other peoples' cars and then refuse to fix what you broke on them.

There's something seriously wrong with you.

woman answer my 10 questions :rant: lol

trhoppe
There is no broken parts any sort of car anywhere that I know of.

Thanks for allowing me to state my side of the story :)

-Tom

BABY J
06-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Are you happy w/ his answer Miranda? What are you talking about something that is broken on your/Classics car?

Scrappy
06-19-2006, 02:35 PM
I don't work at TopSpeed and they were not performing any of the work on the roll cage install of the car. They were allowing me use of their shop space. Its a total case of as I couldn't figure out the way for that piece to snap back in.

The Dashes are 100% good. The piece that was mistaken/misplaced was a plastic 3" wide, 3 feet long piece that snaps down into the dash right under the windshield. It has to be pushed UP and then forward and down for it to snap. I was only trying to push it forward and it wouldn't snap.

Of course in hindsight I shouldn't have used a car that was sitting at a shop I was borrowing to see how it was installed, but I was frustrated with that little plastic piece not popping back in.

-Tom

note to self... when i have a car worthy of someones time... dont go to you if you cant work with plastic :lmfao: obviously the pieces werent both "good" or it would of snapped in correctly... but this is just me... i am nobody special...

trhoppe
You guys enjoy the topic at hand and please bash me all that you want. I just wanted to be clear and state that TopSpeed had nothing to do with this mixup and it was all a dumbass move on my part while trying to do a favor for Miranda.

-Tom

Miranda
can i get a guess... is that tom? :goodjob:

but does he work for TS? cause IMO if any car is taken apart, things should be matched correctly especially if it has something that noticeable on it to be known it doesnt belong with yours... and is there any reason it happened? classics was newer, better or something? or just someone retarded should not touch things?

No he doesn't.

Yes there is a reason it happened. It's my understanding that Tom broke the sun sensor on my dash and decided to swap the pieces with the other STi sitting there rather than replace the piece he broke.

Classic's was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tom shouldn't be allowed to touch a lot of things.

fight club
06-19-2006, 02:36 PM
So the DASHES are good... only that plate? (meaning dashes are the same color, etc). I am unsure why a snap-in plate is Mitubishi's answer to ensuring which dash belongs in which vehile... seems that simply removing or swapping the plates is WAY too easy of a way to get away w/ murder. Is the vin stamped in another place on the dash as well? But hey, Mitsubishi didn't ask me.

.........this car is a SUBARU. not a mitsubishi. she said her and Classic's STI's not Evo's. :goodjob:

BABY J
So is there NOTHING broken on EITHER car Tom? We are not bashing... just tryna get to the bottom of a situation here Bro.

Scrappy
You guys enjoy the topic at hand and please bash me all that you want. I just wanted to be clear and state that TopSpeed had nothing to do with this mixup and it was all a dumbass move on my part while trying to do a favor for Miranda.

-Tom

oh sweet pity party time... :goodjob: but you still scare me

trhoppe
note to self... when i have a car worthy of someones time... dont go to you if you cant work with plastic :lmfao: obviously the pieces werent both "good" or it would of snapped in correctly... but this is just me... i am nobody special...
Like I said, it wasn't a problem with them not snapping in. It was a problem of operator error in the WAY they snapped in.

-Tom

Repost Squintz
06-19-2006, 02:37 PM
*pops popcorn* any1 want any? how about a heiniken?

trhoppe
06-19-2006, 02:39 PM
So is there NOTHING broken on EITHER car Tom? We are not bashing... just tryna get to the bottom of a situation here Bro.
Not that I'm aware of. If there are, then it needs to be handled by letting me know what parts, where and how much I need to pay to fix them :)

-Tom

Miranda
06-19-2006, 02:39 PM

-Tom

A favor for me?! Please. You've never done anything for anyone but yourself. You decided YOU wanted a race car, and I was stupid enough to let you turn MY car into one. Fuck you, and how dare you try to act like this was FOR ME. If you want to do a favor for me, how about replace my windshield and get the maintenance work done on the car that you promised you would if you got to race the car at CMP.

Or how about this? Go back in time, and don't follow me around!

Scrappy
06-19-2006, 02:40 PM
A favor for me?! Please. You've never done anything for anyone but yourself. You decided YOU wanted a race car, and I was stupid enough to let you turn MY car into one. Fuck you, and how dare you try to act like this was FOR ME. If you want to do a favor for me, how about replace my windshield and get the maintenance work done on the car that you promised you would if you got to race the car at CMP.

Or how about this? Go back in time, and don't follow me around!

:eek: uh oh...

BABY J
06-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Man, tryna wiggle out of this is bigger than you think. TS leases their space to you... regardless if it is a TS project or not, it can affect their business. If Turbo Dave was fabbbing up garbage manifolds at Mainstream then you gotta know that the crowd is fickle, and it would DEF affect their other business. If you are offering/providing a service then you need to make it right, and you need to make it right PUBLICLY. A happy customer will tell 2, MAYBE 3 people. An UNHAPPY one will tell hundreds (as you can see here). I move parts wholesale on the side on PLENTY of forums and I know how fickle the crowd can be. I am just tryna see what's up... I got nothing at stake either way other than lookin' out 4 peeps that's all. It's bigger then you think... DMV trips is time off work = MONEY = WAY OF LIFE for people. Don't shrug it off bro, that's all.

fight club
06-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Not that I'm aware of. If there are, then it needs to be handled by letting me know what parts, where and how much I need to pay to fix them :)

-Tom

or where another STI with working parts is sitting?

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Man, tryna wiggle out of this is bigger than you think. TS leases their space to you... regardless if it is a TS project or not, it can affect their business. If Turbo Dave was fabbbing up garbage manifolds at Mainstream then you gotta know that the crowd is fickle, and it WILL affect their business. If you are offering/providing a service then you need to make it right, and you need to make it right PUBLICLY. A happy customer will tell 2, MAYBE 3 people. An UNHAPPY one will tell hundreds (as you can see here). I move parts wholesale on the side on PLENTY of forums and I know how fickle the crowd can be. I am just tryna see what's up... I got nothing at stake either way other than lookin out 4 peeps that's all. It's bigger then you think... DMV trips is time off work = MONEY, = WAY OF LIFE for people. Don't shrug it off bro, that's all.

Who are you? And leave TS out of Miranda and Tom's personal business. K, thanks bye. :)

PhAtBoYMr2
06-19-2006, 02:44 PM
Who are you? And leave TS out of Miranda and Tom's personal business. K, thanks bye. :)

lols

BABY J

WHO ARE YOU (I CARE)? AND IF YOU READ BEFORE YOU FUCKIN' POST YOU WILL SEE THAT TS WAS IN THIS POST FROM THE BEGINNING. I DID NOT INCLUDE THEM, I MADE AN EXAMPLE. THANK YOU.

trhoppe
I'm not trying to "wiggle" out of anything :) I'm very aware of how a stupid mistake could have cost TopSpeed some business and cause them problems. I very much apologized to both parties involved, and from speaking to the owner of Classic, I was under the impression that they were aware of the problem, its resolution, and were ok my mistake.

I wasn't aware of any broken parts on either car. If I broke something on Classic's car as part of that screwup, I will gladly pay for the broken pieces.

-Tom

Miranda
06-19-2006, 02:45 PM
This isn't personal business, Val. This is a big deal. I'm not bashing Topspeed, your man, or anyone at all, but this is a BIG BIG deal.

If I hadn't taken the time to get to the bottom of this, I could've gotten into A LOT of trouble.

BABY J
06-19-2006, 02:45 PM

-Tom

I'd say that this is all but handled then, nothing was broken on either car... loox like a mixup that he has apologized for. If he can get the plates back and reswap them then all numbers will match.

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
This isn't personal business, Val. This is a big deal. I'm not bashing Topspeed, your man, or anyone at all, but this is a BIG BIG deal.

If I hadn't taken the time to get to the bottom of this, I could've gotten into A LOT of trouble.

Understood, and I understand why you're upset. :)

But I dunno anything about the situation, so don't yell at me!!! hehehe!

Miranda
06-19-2006, 02:47 PM
I'm not.. I'm just so fried...

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2006, 02:49 PM
WHO ARE YOU (I CARE)? AND IF YOU READ BEFORE YOU FUCKIN' POST YOU WILL SEE THAT TS WAS IN THIS POST FROM THE BEGINNING. I DID NOT INCLUDE THEM, I MADE AN EXAMPLE. THANK YOU.

I am. a) Tray that works at TS's girlfriend. b) good friend to Doug and Giovanni. c) know and/or like both Tom and Miranda as people. d) someone that drives a slow evo.

And I did read before I posted, thank you. All I see is Miranda telling her side of the story (rationally, even though she is upset) and Tom telling his, and a bunch of people who either know NONE of the story or bits and pieces chiming in to try and get the topic to blow up. You being included in that third category there. ;) :D

I hope everything works out for you, Miranda. :(

Miranda
06-19-2006, 02:50 PM
I wasn't aware of any broken parts on either car. If I broke something on Classic's car as part of that screwup, I will gladly pay for the broken pieces.

-Tom

Alright, Tom. I let Classic know about the broken sun sensor, just like someone told me. When they check it out and it's broken, what excuse are you going to use then? Cause obviously you broke something on my car, not theirs. Sounds like parts swapping to me.

fight club
06-19-2006, 02:50 PM
I'd say that this is all but handled then, nothing was broken on either car... loox like a mixup that he has apologized for. If he can get the plates back and reswap them then all numbers will match.

a mixup is forgetting to put the oil plug in before you pour in the new oil, taking a vin plate off another car is a federal offence. not so much a mixup. and if he was "just seeing how it worked" he would of checked the fucking vins before putting them back.

Tracy
06-19-2006, 02:51 PM

Someone on IA gave me some advise one time. It went something like this...

"Watch out for the company you keep. It's a reflection on you and your business!!!!"

I love how the people who tell me this are the first ones to defend in this case.

Miranda
06-19-2006, 02:52 PM
IF HE WAS JUST SEEING HOW IT WORKED, HE WOULD HAVE UNSNAPPED IT, LOOKED AT IT, AND THEN SNAPPED IT RIGHT BACK IN!

HE IS FULL OF SHIT!

BABY J
06-19-2006, 02:53 PM
I am. a) Tray that works at TS's girlfriend. b) good friend to Doug and Giovanni. c) know and/or like both Tom and Miranda as people. d) someone that drives a slow evo.

And I did read before I posted, thank you. All I see is Miranda telling her side of the story (rationally, even though she is upset) and Tom telling his, and a bunch of people who either know NONE of the story or bits and pieces chiming in to try and get the topic to blow up. You being included in that third category there. ;) :D

I hope everything works out for you, Miranda. :(

A) Ok, read my posts... ALL of them. Yeah, a lil OH SNAP here to get Tom to post... but look who has been ATTEMPTING to mediate this w/ a neutral ear.... ME.

2) The fact that I know NONE of you gives me the BEST chance at tryna mediate this shit b/c I got nothing at stake. YOU already have connections to multiple parties... so THAT in itself compromises your judgement.

G) I am not tryna get anything to blow up. And it doesn't take a genius to see that she is putting her emotions in this, and I have NOT commented on that at alll... ALL I commented on is the FACTS.

trhoppe
06-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Alright, Tom. I let Classic know about the broken sun sensor, just like someone told me. When they check it out and it's broken, what excuse are you going to use then? Cause obviously you broke something on my car, not theirs. Sounds like parts swapping to me.
Excellent. If there is a problem I will gladly take care of it. I wasn't aware that something was broken on your car or any "sun sensor" or anything like that.

-Tom

trhoppe
06-19-2006, 02:55 PM
I also don't have anything more to say in this thread. So you guys enjoy.

-Tom

Miranda
06-19-2006, 02:56 PM
I will just re-iterate:

IF ALL HE WANTED TO DO WAS FIGURE OUT HOW IT SNAPPED IN, WHY DID HE TAKE IT ALL THE WAY OUT OF THE CAR?????!?1?1/1?!?

HE TOOK IT OUT OF THE CAR INTENTIONALLY.

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2006, 02:56 PM
A) Ok, read my posts... ALL of them. Yeah, a lil OH SNAP here to get Tom to post... but look who has been ATTEMPTING to mediate this w/ a neutral ear.... ME.

2) The fact that I know NONE of you gives me the BEST chance at tryna mediate this shit b/c I got nothing at stake. YOU already have connections to multiple parties... so THAT in itself compromises your judgement.

G) I am not tryna get anything to blow up. And it doesn't take a genius to see that she is putting her emotions in this, and I have NOT commented on that at alll... ALL I commented on is the FACTS.

Trying to solve a problem on IA is never a good idea, lol. And what judgement? :confused: All I ever said is that I understand why she's so pissed and I hope it works out for the best.

BABY J
06-19-2006, 02:57 PM
Someone on IA gave me some advise one time. It went something like this...

"Watch out for the company you keep. It's a reflection on you and your business!!!!"

I love how the people who tell me this are the first ones to defend in this case.

TELL ME ABOUT IT!!! SHEESH! To try to pretend that the shop that leases/allows the work to be performed is "off the hook" wows me. True, if I go to BG to get a cage installed and they hire/recommend a private contractor to do it, BG can write a contract saying they are simply providing the space and are not responsible. But other than that, if something is broken BG will DEF be mentioned.

Miranda
06-19-2006, 02:58 PM

My emotions? WTF do I care who you believe. My emotions have nothing to do with what I have said. I laid it out like it's been laid out to me. Anyone who's capable of logical thought can see he's full of shit.

I didn't post it up on IA to be mediated. I posted it up so people would know what the hell Tom's been doing to peoples' cars.

BABY J
06-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Trying to solve a problem on IA is never a good idea, lol. And what judgement? :confused: All I ever said is that I understand why she's so pissed and I hope it works out for the best.

Her phone calls were being ignored??? Hmmm... what would YOU do... KEEP CALLING??

Hulud
06-19-2006, 03:03 PM

BABY J
06-19-2006, 03:04 PM
My emotions? WTF do I care who you believe. My emotions have nothing to do with what I have said. I laid it out like it's been laid out to me. Anyone who's capable of logical thought can see he's full of shit.

I didn't post it up on IA to be mediated. I posted it up so people would know what the hell Tom's been doing to peoples' cars.:rant:

Hmm... :rly:

As some of you may know, I have an '05 with a roll cage that's all race kaa ready. I also used to date the biggest douchebag that ever crossed the sea from Europe into this beautiful country, Tom. So, I'm sure you can imagine how effed up this story is gonna be...

Some people do not know when they've "won". WHAT RELEVANCE DOES WHAT'S IN RED HAVE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD??? BUT YOU ARE NOT EMOTIONAL RIGHT?? :rolleyes:

fight club
06-19-2006, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=Miranda]:rant:

:rly:

Some people do not know when they've "won". WHAT RELEVANCE DOES WHAT'S IN RED HAVE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD??? BUT YOU ARE NOT EMOTIONAL RIGHT?? :rolleyes:

its background. it helps explain why a klepto was working on her car. lol.

BABY J
06-19-2006, 03:06 PM
^^^ scroll up... got it right ^^^

Miranda
06-19-2006, 03:07 PM
Oy..

I just don't know who he thinks he's going to fool here. It's obvious to me this was below board, but I love how he jumps on here trying to pretend that he's innocent in all this.. just an idiot without purpose.

If I wanted to know how a dash snapped in, I'd snap it out and snap it back in. I wouldn't snap it out, take it out of the car, lay it down next to my own car parts, and hope and pray for the best.

Now. If I broke something on one car and didn't want anyone to know, I'd swap the parts. BUT.. I'd pay a little more attention to the fact that there's a vin number attached to it. :rolleyes:

Tom pulled a fast one and got caught. Reminds me of the guy that holds up the Burger King for all the money in their drawer, steals their food and then sits in the restaurant to eat. Not bright.

Anyway, I'm late for work. I'll check back later.

Tiff-O-Bitties
06-19-2006, 03:07 PM
let it go man.. he said he was a dumbass.. what more do you want?! lol

BABY J
06-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Uhhh, she wants HIM!!! LOL

GTScoob
06-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Hahahaha this thread is pretty funny. You guys broke up and now you're just trying to shame him by posting this BS on a large website. You gonna post it up on Nasioc to try to defame him on there too? I really dont care about the facts, just deal with it not bitch about it online.

I had high school breakups that worked out better than this drama.

Tiff-O-Bitties
06-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Hahahaha this thread is pretty funny. You guys broke up and now you're just trying to shame him by posting this BS on a large website. You gonna post it up on Nasioc to try to defame him on there too? I really dont care about the facts, just deal with it not bitch about it online.

I had high school breakups that worked out better than this drama.

:lmfao:sorry, it was funny... :lmfao:

2.3 Evo 8
06-19-2006, 03:23 PM
If I wanted to know how a dash snapped in, I'd snap it out and snap it back in. I wouldn't snap it out, take it out of the car, lay it down next to my own car parts, and hope and pray for the best.

He's not you and he obviously did it his own way. If you wanted him to do it YOUR way you should have been there telling him what to do and how to do it.

Now. If I broke something on one car and didn't want anyone to know, I'd swap the parts. BUT.. I'd pay a little more attention to the fact that there's a vin number attached to it. :rolleyes:

Thats great! You just admitted you personally would swap parts if you broke them. AWESOME!

Tom pulled a fast one and got caught.

Sounds like Tom broke your heart, your car, and now your venting your Jerry Springer shit for all the net to read.

1. He admitted he made a mistake.

2. He apologized and said he was sorry to both you, speedpot, and the Sti dealer.

3. You sound like you would rather make up a story in "your" head as to how things happened and then tell everybody thats the way it happened as the truth, which in this case doesn't seem right IMO.

4. If you weren't there to witness him take apart the dash and replace the piece then stop making it out the way you "think" it happened. He obviously made a mistake!

What would it benefit HIM to purposely switch the vins on YOUR car? :confused:

End of story, please pull forward to the next windooooooow!

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2006, 03:23 PM
BTW - you can write Topspeed now, FYI for everyone. Just no advertizing. :)

rolling_trip
06-19-2006, 03:24 PM
I agree with 2.3 and GTscoob, what a waste of space this is

2.3 Evo 8
06-19-2006, 03:27 PM
BTW - you can write Topspeed now, FYI for everyone. Just no advertizing. :)

I know, but I like saying Speedpot. :D It has my two favorite activities in it!

Speedpot FTW!

speedminded
06-19-2006, 03:28 PM
My question is what benefit would Tom ever have in swapping the pieces purposely? It's obvious who has the mechanical ablilities (or sometimes disabilities) in this case. Diagnosing the problem and figuring out why something does or doesn't work is something you do every day in this field. Questioning everything as you to do the work and problems arise: why does this one fit and this one doesn't, what are the differances, why does this one fit in this one but not this other one, etc...easily getting two parts mixed up.

...and why the fuck are people jumping on Baby J, i mean not that he would mind, lol...but he has done nothing but repeat facts...well, besides confusing mitsubishi and subaru.

BABY J
06-19-2006, 03:28 PM
Sounds like Tom broke your heart, your car, and now your venting your Jerry Springer shit for all the net to read...

HEY WATCH IT!!! SHE IS NOT EMOTIONAL BUDDY!!! The fact that she used to DATE the biggest douche to ever come to America from Europe, and the fact that HIS name is Tom helps us to understand the VIN trickery better... for real.:rolleyes:

BABY J
06-19-2006, 03:29 PM
...and why the fuck are people jumping on Baby J, i mean not that he would mind, lol...but he has done nothing but repeat facts...well, besides confusing mitsubishi and subaru.

That sir, is a result of my EVO ENVY. WHO CARES if the STi is an Sube??? LOL. I hate the Sedans, but I swear if the Wagon comes over I'm gonna cross over and sell something to get one. LOL.

Tracy
06-19-2006, 03:30 PM
My question is what benefit would Tom ever have in swapping the pieces purposely? It's obvious who has the mechanical ablilities (or sometimes disabilities) in this case. Diagnosing the problem and figuring out why something does or doesn't work is something you do every day in this field. Questioning everything as you to do the work: why does this one fit and this one doesn't, what are the differances, why does this one fit in this one but not this other one, etc...easily getting two parts mixed up.

The only benefit I could see is that he broke something on Miranda's car and rather than get busted and maybe yelled at by his girl...he switched it for a good one that was handy and hoped no one would notice.

2.3 Evo 8
06-19-2006, 03:30 PM
HEY WATCH IT!!! SHE IS NOT EMOTIONAL BUDDY!!! The fact that she used to DATE the biggest douche to ever come to America from Europe, and the fact that HIS name is Tom helps us to understand the VIN trickery better... for real.:rolleyes:

:lmfao:

fight club
06-19-2006, 03:31 PM
That sir, is a result of my EVO ENVY. WHO CARES if the STi is an Sube??? LOL. I hate the Sedans, but I swear if the Wagon comes over I'm gonna cross over and sell something to get one. LOL.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2006, 03:32 PM
That sir, is a result of my EVO ENVY

This, sir, is an excellent point.

GTScoob
06-19-2006, 03:33 PM

Grab a WRX wagon and swap in an STI motor and some of the suspension bits. It wont be a fullbreed STi but just as fast.

BABY J
06-19-2006, 03:33 PM
This, sir, is an excellent point.

^^ Hmmm..... "something" tell me that your opinion is biased!! LOL (SHUT UP TRACY!!)

rolling_trip
06-19-2006, 03:34 PM
just don't blow up the auto tranny and you will be ok, lol

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2006, 03:35 PM
^^ Hmmm..... "something" tell me that your opinion is biased!! LOL (SHUT UP TRACY!!)

whachuu talkin' bout, willis??!!

Tracy
06-19-2006, 03:40 PM

;)

speedminded
06-19-2006, 03:40 PM
The only benefit I could see is that he broke something on Miranda's car and rather than get busted and maybe yelled at by his girl...he switched it for a good one that was handy and hoped no one would notice.oh, well of course, that sounds like a great reason to blow up on someone to me.

I'd be willing to bet that the sensor will come out of the plastic piece so if that was the case they would have been switched and not the entire strip including the VIN. If not, than that would be a horrible design on scooby's part...especially with combining a cosmetic piece, functional/electronic part, and vin plate...what if there was a malfunction with the sensor...any idea how difficult it is to have a VIN plate reproduced? Wouldn't make sense that the parts wouldn't be interchangeable.

BABY J
06-19-2006, 03:44 PM
^^ STOP BEING EMOTIONAL!!!!! SHEESH!!!! GET A LIFE!!!! SCOOBY DID NOTHING TO YOU... LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!

BufordŽ
06-19-2006, 03:50 PM
Lock this bish, Brett. It's been resolved.

Val for President.

The Golden Child
06-19-2006, 04:10 PM
so did anyone die ??
i dont feel like reading .. - . -

BufordŽ
06-19-2006, 04:14 PM
so did anyone die ??
i dont feel like reading .. - . -

[CHUCK NORRIS VOICE]

No, but you're about to...

[/CHUCK NORRIS VOICE]

BTLFED
06-19-2006, 04:28 PM
I would ask for BTLFED Notes on this thread, but I was already made aware of this situation. I'm not saying anything bad about TS, but Tom, you are a fucking douchebag.

/life.

BufordŽ
06-19-2006, 04:31 PM
Ouch. Chris, was that necessary?

Dragonfly5338
06-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Change your sig, Buford. It's huge.

BufordŽ
06-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Best word ever... "Why?"

Julio
06-19-2006, 05:03 PM
I don't get it.. I do not know trhoppe Or tom in anyway, shape or form..

He got blame for something.. Which He admitted, Apologized and said would pay for anything he has to and yet gets flamed. He even called him self a dumbass.. and still gets flamed.

I give him props for keeping his cool after getting Verbally butt fucked.

HiPSI
06-19-2006, 05:41 PM

He got blame for something.. Which He admitted, Apologized and said would pay for anything he has to and yet gets flamed. He even called him self a dumbass.. and still gets flamed.

hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ;)

BTLFED
06-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Ouch. Chris, was that necessary?

I know (and have witnessed) more than just what is going on in this thread. Yes, it is.

BTLFED
06-19-2006, 06:36 PM

I give him props for keeping his cool after getting Verbally butt fucked.

See my post above. All this "mistake" is is icing on the cake.

06-19-2006, 06:54 PM
no offense miranda, but this thread is stupid... IA is just a place where a small scratch will quickly turn into a festering wound.. IA is not the place for this.

Greddypacked
06-19-2006, 07:07 PM
no offense miranda, but this thread is stupid... IA is just a place where a small scratch will quickly turn into a festering wound.. IA is not the place for this.

Very true, why start a dilemma about a small dash. Get it replaced, he said sorry fucking to many times already. :D

Tracy
06-19-2006, 07:09 PM
May I ask a question and get a serious response? Why is this not the place for talking about someone who took something off of one persons car and put it on another persons car? This is a car forum and she had an incident with her car. Her Vins are now mismatched and she is getting calls from others saying she better check her stuff. Just because it is her ex? How would we all like it if she got pulled over and they checked the vins and she went to jail? No one here has heard the full story, so it's not anyone's place to say. VINS are not a small dash problem. It's a pretty serious thing. It's a FEDERAL crime if you do not have your vin or if there are issues with them...remember that ;)

Just because he apologized does not mean that it was right or that it's over ;) I love how everyone on here has been given the right to judge but when it's their turn to bitch they want to be heard....sad.

BTLFED
06-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I love how everyone on here has been given the right to judge but when it's their turn to bitch they want to be heard....sad.

Double Standard FTW!

2.3 Evo 8
06-19-2006, 07:15 PM
...but he was layin pipe in her so obviously she is doing this because they aren't together anymore and she hates him. He admitted he made a mistake and apologized, what more do you want? I'm sure the problem is getting resolved so whats the point of talking about it still other than the Jerry Springer drama to continue.

Should she be able to tar, feather, and stone him also? Why is admitting fault and an apology not enough?

06-19-2006, 07:15 PM
May I ask a question and get a serious response? Why is this not the place for talking about someone who took something off of one persons car and put it on another persons car? This is a car forum and she had an incident with her car. Her Vins are now mismatched and she is getting calls from others saying she better check her stuff. Just because it is her ex? How would we all like it if she got pulled over and they checked the vins and she went to jail? No one here has heard the full story, so it's not anyone's place to say. VINS are not a small dash problem. It's a pretty serious thing. It's a FEDERAL crime if you do not have your vin or if there are issues with them...remember that ;)

Just because he apologized does not mean that it was right or that it's over ;) I love how everyone on here has been given the right to judge but when it's their turn to bitch they want to be heard....sad.

very true tracy, but this is a simple matter that now that it has been caught it can be simply resolved..i am a good friend of miranda's but all this post is doing besides giving entertainment to the masses, is allowing miranda to vent.. but why vent to IA and bring her personal life into this drama filled board. All it will do is open up more drama when other shit is brought into this.

06-19-2006, 07:17 PM
[QUOTE=2.3 Evo 8]...but he was layin pipe in her
QUOTE]

lol @ layin pipe.....

Julio
06-19-2006, 07:18 PM
...but he was layin pipe in her

I thought it was a rollcage? :idb: :bigok:

Julio
06-19-2006, 07:19 PM
y0 Chris Learn how to quote Motherfucker. :doh: :bigok:

Greddypacked
06-19-2006, 07:22 PM
very true tracy, but this is a simple matter that now that it has been caught it can be simply resolved..i am a good friend of miranda's but all this post is doing besides giving entertainment to the masses, is allowing miranda to vent.. but why vent to IA and bring her personal life into this drama filled board. All it will do is open up more drama when other shit is brought into this.

Tru.

She didnt get arrested by having wrong VIN tags, the dealership called her w/ out much frustration and now it's getting taking care of.

y0 Chris Learn how to quote Motherfucker. :doh: :bigok:

fuck you julio...

Tracy

Miranda is one of the smartest girl's I know. I trust that she know's what she is doing. What if someone else's car that was down there had the same thing happen? They may want to know. This may be their warning call to go and check their car out (not saying that it is the case but it could very well be or not be). Maybe she is pissed and got a little "emotional" but I think her intentions are right. That Classic Subaru sat down there for months. If it was being used to swap parts by Tom I think people should know that ;) If it wasn't...no big deal, right? To me it's like saying so and so did an awful job on my car and I want to warn others. If someone did that shit to my car...trust everyone would hear about it. BTW, How does everyone here know how Subaru is taking this? Did ya'll call them and ask. I think that's an assumption.

Maybe it's a big deal and his intentions were not in the right place...maybe it was an accident. I'm sure we'll all find out as the story progresses.

Julio
06-19-2006, 07:24 PM
fuck you julio...

good quote nikka...

when we going to the track again? But, ill like to watch this time and drink a few beers and not drive... :goodjob:

Miranda
06-19-2006, 07:25 PM
In from break...

I will invite all of you to do a search for my username and see if I have talked ANY shit about Tom and our personal life. It's never happened, because our personal issues have no place here. We've been broken up for a good while now, and I'm sure both of us are MUCH happier for it.

However, this is a serious issue that could have caused me a serious problem if the authorities ever got involved.

Of course there's more to it. I know for a fact he did this intentionally so he wouldn't get in trouble with me for breaking my shit. I know there's a lot more to it than the car, but that's no one's business here. I'm stating nothing about him personally. I'm talking ONLY about what he did to the car. And given the fact that I don't ever sit on here and talk shit about him, I would hope that some of you would know that I have it on good authority what actually happened. Just because he runs on here and acts very innocent and polite, doesn't mean he IS innocent and polite. I know there are some of you on here who know him or have heard our conversations (even concerning this very issue) who could say otherwise.

In the end, I don't talk shit for the sake of drudging up dirt. If I were that kind of girl, my number one complaint wouldn't be this issue with the car.

~ Miranda

Tracy
06-19-2006, 07:28 PM
In from break...

I will invite all of you to do a search for my username and see if I have talked ANY shit about Tom and our personal life. It's never happened, because our personal issues have no place here. We've been broken up for a good while now, and I'm sure both of us are MUCH happier for it.

However, this is a serious issue that could have caused me a serious problem if the authorities ever got involved.

Of course there's more to it. I know for a fact he did this intentionally so he wouldn't get in trouble with me for breaking my shit. I know there's a lot more to it than the car, but that's no one's business here. I'm stating nothing about him personally. I'm talking ONLY about what he did to the car. And given the fact that I don't ever sit on here and talk shit about him, I would hope that some of you would know that I have it on good authority what actually happened. Just because he runs on here and acts very innocent and polite, doesn't mean he IS innocent and polite. I know there are some of you on here who know him or have heard our conversations (even concerning this very issue) who could say otherwise.

In the end, I don't talk shit for the sake of drudging up dirt. If I were that kind of girl, my number one complaint wouldn't be this issue with the car.

~ Miranda

Hey girl...fuck it. Good things happen to good people. I know what your intentions are and I know how you are. It will all turn out in your favor in the end ;) see ya soon :)

06-19-2006, 07:28 PM
To me it's like saying so and so did an awful job on my car and I want to warn others. If someone did that shit to my car...trust everyone would hear about it.

i dont ever remember seeing a post about how your stereo turned out uber crappy on the boards at all.. i do remember you saying how crappy it was and dan was not happy with it and so on... belive me in no way am i trying to defend TOM ...i barley know him been to a few race events with him and miranda.. personally he is a bit cocky...but anyways Miranda is a great girl as i posted above but i feel that IA has a way of twisting a situation into a big ball of poop, and gets way more out there than needed on both sides....

Miranda
06-19-2006, 07:29 PM
And Tracy has a great point...

You guys have NOO idea how Subaru has been about this. This is not some little mistake. This is costing Subaru money (as they have a car they can't sell), and this is a problem for Topspeed. Regardless of Tom's "intentions", he messed with another one of Topspeed's customer's vehicles. How does that make Topspeed look?

Tracy
06-19-2006, 07:31 PM
i dont ever remember seeing a post about how your stereo turned out uber crappy on the boards at all.. i do remember you saying how crappy it was and dan was not happy with it and so on... belive me in no way am i trying to defend TOM ...i barley know him been to a few race events with him and miranda.. personally he is a bit cocky...but anyways Miranda is a great girl as i posted above but i feel that IA has a way of twisting a situation into a big ball of poop, and gets way more out there than needed on both sides....

really, cuz I posted it :) you must have missed it. As a matter of fact, John called me the second after I posted it and begged me to let him fix it. I decided to give him that chance, but of course he never took me up on it ;)

06-19-2006, 07:34 PM
really, cuz I posted it :) you must have missed it. As a matter of fact, John called me the second after I posted it and begged me to let him fix it. I decided to give him that chance, but of course he never took me up on it ;)

you are correct i actually remember seeing it now...my bad.. it was taken off.. actually i was sitting at johns place when i pointed it out to him right before big M little organ called ya... previois statement is retracted.....

Tracy
06-19-2006, 07:41 PM
you are correct i actually remember seeing it now...my bad.. it was taken off.. actually i was sitting at johns place when i pointed it out to him right before big M little organ called ya... previois statement is retracted.....

sok :) I took it down since he called to make good on it. I was just over it by the time he didn't come thru on it. I had been dealing with it for like 4 months or something rediculous (maybe not that long) and I had already had quite a few yelling matches with him about it up until that point.

BABY J
06-20-2006, 06:43 AM
In from break... I will invite all of you to do a search for my username and see if I have talked ANY shit about Tom and our personal life.

:rly:

:rant: ...I also used to date the biggest douchebag that ever crossed the sea from Europe into this beautiful country, Tom. So, I'm sure you can imagine how effed up this story is gonna be.

^^ Before you even start you put your EMOTIONS into a thread that really only needed your FACTS and your BRAIN. You are bashing his character when you SHOULD be bashing his wrenching skills, or lack thereof.

It's never happened, because our personal issues have no place here. We've been broken up for a good while now, and I'm sure both of us are MUCH happier for it.

If you are MUCH HAPPIER for breaking up, then why bring that part of it into the thread? OBVIOUSLY you are not done w/ him emotionally or you just got so hurt and you have not let it go. Had you not said that, there is no way this thread would have turned like it did. You just make it seem as if you had a personal vendetta. I think most can agree that he probably didn't want to hear a shitstorm from you (if he did break parts), so he tried to "patch" an issue and he figured he would have time to fix his mistake later. I have done this very thing... use my wholesale accounts to get parts for some1... some1 ELSE wants the same part and has the money NOW, so I move the part, re-order and get a new 1 in before the original customer knows the difference. Sure, it happens in the car game. There is not a shop in the world that's been in business for any length of time that doesn't make it happen when time is on the line... IT HAPPENS. He was just a fucktard for using a piece w/ a VIN. LOL. I TOTALLY agree w/ you there.

Worse case scenario, a state trooper will impound the vehicle and give u a ride home... but even THAT is unlikely considering that the dash is only ONE location where the VIN is and your insurance card will definitely show you that you are legit owner (door jamb VIN > dash VIN). REGISTERING the vehicle would cause you more problems than just driving it around. but in your defense (not that you need ME to defend you), you shouldn't even have to deal with THAT either. ESPECIALLY when all he had to say was "hey, I broke XYZ... gimme some time to get it squared away for you."

~ Miranda

Ok, you can stop saying you do not talk shit about him b/c this thread proves that you do... or proves that you did, at least once. There are forums for that if you want to vent as well. Let's just say that you try REEELY hard not to make it personal but sometimes you miss the mark. :) At the end of the day, he fucked up, he needs to make it right. And he DEFINITELY needs to return phone calls to a customer. BAD MOVE!

Big Baller
06-20-2006, 08:10 AM
WOW, I missed all the drama.

Miranda, I hope you get you're stolen vin number back and I hope they prosecute Tom or Whoever for it.

evo9gsr
06-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Wow what a waste of time reading this whole thread.

My cliff notes: Tom pulls dash cover off miranda's car to have cage put in. Can't figure how to put dash cover in after cage has been installed. Removes dash pad from another car and compares with her dash pad. Figures out how it should go back in. Accidentally puts the wrong one back in the wrong cars and doesn't realize there is a Vin number on it. Then the owners of the car find out. Call Topspeed and Miranda... Topspeed has no idea what they are talking about. So Topspeed calls Tom who doesn't work for them but at the time had a partial sponsorship with Miranda and was allowed to use the shop to work on their car. Tom then realizes that he made a mistake and put the wrong dash pad into the wrong cars... no biggie he admits to it. Makes arangments with both parties to swap them back out. Both parties agree and both are happy.

/end cliffnotes/

Other than that all I see are a bunch of ATTENTION WHORES and another shop trying to egg on a situation they should have no involvment in other then trying to benifit themselves.. what they really should do is worry about their own problems, which they have pleanty of.

Big Baller
06-20-2006, 09:10 AM

My cliff notes: Tom pulls dash cover off miranda's car to have cage put in. Can't figure how to put dash cover in after cage has been installed. Removes dash pad from another car and compares with her dash pad. Figures out how it should go back in. Accidentally puts the wrong one back in the wrong cars and doesn't realize there is a Vin number on it. Then the owners of the car find out. Call Topspeed and Miranda... Topspeed has no idea what they are talking about. So Topspeed calls Tom who doesn't work for them but at the time had a partial sponsorship with Miranda and was allowed to use the shop to work on their car. Tom then realizes that he made a mistake and put the wrong dash pad into the wrong cars... no biggie he admits to it. Makes arangments with both parties to swap them back out. Both parties agree and both are happy.

/end cliffnotes/

Other than that all I see are a bunch of ATTENTION WHORES and another shop trying to egg on a situation they should have no involvment in other then trying to benifit themselves.. what they really should do is worry about their own problems, which they have pleanty of.

Do you actually belive that is how it happened?

Tracy
06-20-2006, 10:07 AM

/end cliffnotes/

I see someone got the phone call ;) Seems like you only post when your buds are being talked about.... :lmfao:

HalfBaked
06-20-2006, 10:23 AM
I also used to date the biggest douchebag that ever crossed the sea from Europe into this beautiful country, Tom.

http://myevilrobot.com/albums/rice/oh_snap.jpg

Tracy
06-20-2006, 10:27 AM
http://myevilrobot.com/albums/rice/oh_snap.jpg

LOL...miss you boo boo!

Scrappy
06-20-2006, 10:28 AM
LOL...miss you boo boo!

I miss you too Queen booty! :lickpuss:

Tracy
06-20-2006, 10:29 AM

aww boog *muah*! You comming this weekend or you working?

HalfBaked
06-20-2006, 10:31 AM

I'M HER BOO NOT YOU!

BACK OFF BEFORE I MAKE YOU BACK OFF!

Scrappy
06-20-2006, 10:44 AM
I'M HER BOO NOT YOU!

BACK OFF BEFORE I MAKE YOU BACK OFF!

DID I say i was her boo you dork! :tongue: NOPE I am just her sex kitten... jealous arent ya? :bigok: goodie!

Scrappy
06-20-2006, 10:45 AM
aww boog *muah*! You comming this weekend or you working?

I dont know what I am doing this weekend yet :( I never do but will let you know. gotta talk to the homies and the other one and all that k?

HalfBaked
06-20-2006, 10:45 AM
DID I say i was her boo you dork! :tongue: NOPE I am just her sex kitten... jealous arent ya? :bigok: goodie!

I'm not jealous if you have been there 1st! I wouldn't want 2nds after you, I'd like to stay clean!

Tracy
06-20-2006, 10:46 AM
now now girls...yo are both pretty :)

HalfBaked
06-20-2006, 10:48 AM

But I'm prettier!!!!

Right?!?!?!

*runs off crying*

Scrappy
06-20-2006, 10:48 AM

:doh: shes talking to you missy! *halfbacked* retract the claws I WIN

Dragonfly5338
06-20-2006, 10:57 AM
And he DEFINITELY needs to return phone calls to a customer. BAD MOVE!

Not customer. Ex-girlfriend.

BABY J
06-20-2006, 10:58 AM
^^ BOTH!!! LOL

Dragonfly5338
06-20-2006, 10:59 AM
^^ BOTH!!! LOL

No, not both. I dunno where Tom works.

BABY J
06-20-2006, 11:01 AM
HE was doing work on HER car for a price... she was his customer. Who cares where he works? That's irrelevant.

Dragonfly5338
06-20-2006, 11:02 AM
HE was doing work on HER car for a price... she was his customer. Who cares where he works? That's irrelevant.

Price? Didn't know booty is considered commerce nowdays, hehehe. I might be wrong, but I don't think Miranda paid him any money for stuff he did to the race car. I know that she's way smarter than to just hand someone cash.. if that was the case she'd have reciepts and/or invoices.

HalfBaked
06-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Booty is always considered commerce.

I give girls alcohol, in return girls give me ass...

Dragonfly5338
06-20-2006, 11:08 AM
Booty is always considered commerce.

I give girls alcohol, in return girls give me ass...

I think that's more of a trade of goods in return for services rendered, rather than booty being considered currency of sorts, hahahahaa.

BABY J
06-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Like I said, price can be whatever they decided upon... FREE can even be a price. She was a customer as well as an ex-gf.

Wurm
06-20-2006, 12:33 PM
beefy chicken ftw

RandomGuy
06-20-2006, 12:35 PM
www.tastybeef.com

Miranda
06-20-2006, 02:44 PM
:confused:

Me? Customer? Mwahahaha... nope.

Cliff's notes on the car situation:

Tom wanted to drive an ESP (autocross) car, so we started prepping my car for that. Then he decided that autocross wasn't his thing and he wanted a Club Racing (T2) car so we could get all sponsored by Subaru and race kaas like people on tv. So, I let him put a cage in the car and get it ready for Club Racing. Low and behold, Subaru didn't want to continue sponsoring us, so we were stuck on our own budget. I decided that school and home ownership was way more important, so I decided to put MY racing asperations on hold for a while. Tom wanted to continue, so I let him race my car. He only made it to one event, because we broke up shortly after, and he didn't want to rent the car for races.

I was never his customer. I was his girlfriend. I'm not talking shit about him. I think he's a bag of douche for doing this to my car (especially since I know it was no mere accident). I am pissed off, so I'm venting. But there are no emotional outbursts here. I laid out the facts of what said douchebag did, and when he came on here (to a forum he's not even a part of) to play innocent, I called him out on it.

If it were anyone else, no one would care. But the fact of the matter is that a FELONY took place. That's a big deal, and I don't want to be held responsible for something he did.

Oh, and to the retard that accused me of being ok with swapping parts, the :rolleyes: denotes sarcasm. I don't condone swapping parts on anyone's car without their knowledge, and I'm insulted that you would be so silly as to try to turn an obviously sarcastic comment into serious intent. DIAF.

~ Miranda

RandomGuy
06-20-2006, 02:58 PM
:ttiwwp:

speedminded
06-20-2006, 03:20 PM
I was never his customer. I was his girlfriend. I'm not talking shit about him. I think he's a bag of douche for doing this to my car (especially since I know it was no mere accident). I am pissed off, so I'm venting. But there are no emotional outbursts here. I laid out the facts of what said douchebag did, and when he came on here (to a forum he's not even a part of) to play innocent, I called him out on it.

If it were anyone else, no one would care. But the fact of the matter is that a FELONY took place. That's a big deal, and I don't want to be held responsible for something he did.Again, since it was not answered the first time, how would Tom ever benefit from switching the VIN's purposely?

2.3 Evo 8
06-20-2006, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=Miranda

Oh, and to the retard that accused me of being ok with swapping parts, the :rolleyes: denotes sarcasm. I don't condone swapping parts on anyone's car without their knowledge, and I'm insulted that you would be so silly as to try to turn an obviously sarcastic comment into serious intent. DIAF.

~ Miranda[/QUOTE]

DIAF? Suck my cock you drama bitch Jerry Springer tell all queen! :2up: I'm glad you're insulted!

fawk_you
06-20-2006, 05:07 PM
sorry to hear, wow what a mess.

Julio
06-20-2006, 05:52 PM
http://www.importatlanta.com/tfs/front_flyer_sm.jpg

BTLFED
06-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Here is my whole problem with this thread:

NO ONE I saw was ever bashing TopSpeed for this (which no one has a right to, anyway), yet the TopSpeed cheerleaders are still jumping in. IMO (and anyone else that has half a brain), there is no reason that TopSpeed should be blamed for any of this. The car was sitting in there shop, that's it. They didn't do that work on the car.

So if no one is blaming TopSpeed for this happening, why are TopSpeed customers still coming in this thread bashing Miranda, Tracy, etc? She is pissed about this because this was not just a "mistake" so she made a thread about it venting her frustrations.

I really just don't get the retarded double standards that plague this site now. :rolleyes:

Tracy
06-20-2006, 06:14 PM

NO ONE I saw was ever bashing TopSpeed for this (which no one has a right to, anyway), yet the TopSpeed cheerleaders are still jumping in. IMO (and anyone else that has half a brain), there is no reason that TopSpeed should be blamed for any of this. The car was sitting in there shop, that's it. They didn't do that work on the car.

So if no one is blaming TopSpeed for this happening, why are TopSpeed customers still coming in this thread bashing Miranda, Tracy, etc? She is pissed about this because this was not just a "mistake" so she made a thread about it venting her frustrations.

I really just don't get the retarded double standards that plague this site now. :rolleyes:

cuz they're gay... :lmfao: but like I said and like I was told by said people. You are who you associate with, right?

BTLFED
06-20-2006, 06:41 PM
cuz they're gay... :lmfao: but like I said and like I was told by said people. You are who you associate with, right?

Then what does that make me?

Dragonfly5338
06-20-2006, 08:18 PM

Ermm.. well as far as I could tell, the only two people posting in this thread who are regular Topspeed customers are Phil and I. (I could be wrong about that, so don't quote me) Nor did I see anyone bashing Tracy? Or am I missing something? (And might I add, I consider bashing as "xxxx is a stupid cunt, hahaha" not having a differing opinion on a subject)

Like I said, I could be wrong, but as far as I know, the majority of the major players in this thread aren't regular TS customers.

There are two sides to every story, and the truth is somewhere in the middle. I'm sure both parties had good intentions but in a break-up, things get muddled and ugly. I don't really see anyone bashing Miranda either, but telling her to keep her personal drama off the board. (Although I think she has the right to post it up, and it's more relavent than 90% of the junk in the whoreslounge, haha)

BTLFED
06-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Ermm.. well as far as I could tell, the only two people posting in this thread who are regular Topspeed customers are Phil and I. (I could be wrong about that, so don't quote me) Nor did I see anyone bashing Tracy? Or am I missing something? (And might I add, I consider bashing as "xxxx is a stupid cunt, hahaha" not having a differing opinion on a subject)

Like I said, I could be wrong, but as far as I know, the majority of the major players in this thread aren't regular TS customers.

There are two sides to every story, and the truth is somewhere in the middle. I'm sure both parties had good intentions but in a break-up, things get muddled and ugly. I don't really see anyone bashing Miranda either, but telling her to keep her personal drama off the board. (Although I think she has the right to post it up, and it's more relavent than 90% of the junk in the whoreslounge, haha)

Maybe I am reading a couple usernames wrong then, which could be possible.

Hell, the main reason I am even watching this thread is because I didn't want it to get twisted around into this being TopSpeed's fault or them being blamed as the ones that did it. I'm sure that looks odd coming from me, of all people, but you know how IA is. Cheerleaders run amuck and shit gets hectic.

Dragonfly5338
06-20-2006, 08:27 PM
Maybe I am reading a couple usernames wrong then, which could be possible.

Hell, the main reason I am even watching this thread is because I didn't want it to get twisted around into this being TopSpeed's fault or them being blamed as the ones that did it. I'm sure that looks odd coming from me, of all people, but you know how IA is. Cheerleaders run amuck and shit gets hectic.

Yeah, dunno I could be wrong too. I'm horrid at putting names and faces with usernames. :doh:

Julio
06-20-2006, 08:32 PM

06-20-2006, 10:31 PM

lol julio i am game for the track when ever... i just got the wheels and tires for the 240 so whenever...

BABY J
06-21-2006, 06:15 AM
So... Wal-mart allows me to setup a burner and sell my new sausage patties inside of the store and people get sick... who is at fault? Do you think it's smart to say "sue Baby J" or go after the big fish (Wal-Mart)? I am not saying which is right... but what I AM saying is that if it's found that I am breaking FDA rules w/ my sausage and have no business license and Wal-Mart did not verify that I was legit they could catch heat for it, and they WILL catch heat for it. EVERY1 knows that Topspeed did not do the work, but at the same time do not jump on here tryna "protect" a shop where some1 there, or some1 authorized to work there committed a felony. Put it this way... if Miranda takes TOM (not Topspeed) to court... do you think Topspeed would NEVER be mentioned in the trial?? You bet your ass it will. Doesn't make it right, but it will happen.

Big Baller
06-21-2006, 08:18 AM
word association time

STOLEN VIN(mismatched) = Tom

Tom = Topspeed.

No I dont like either one of them, yes I do hope they both burn in hell.

BABY J
06-21-2006, 08:24 AM
LMAO!!! BWA BWA BWA HA HA. :) That game is fun... I have more.

TOPSPEED = speeding

speeding = POLICE

POLICE = VIN SWAP

VIN SWAP = Tom

Tom = Jerry

Jerry = Jerryrigging VIN plates

LOL. J/K Tom. :)

B16a2 Civic
06-21-2006, 08:25 AM
So... Wal-mart allows me to setup a burner and sell my new sausage patties inside of the store and people get sick... who is at fault? Do you think it's smart to say "sue Baby J" or go after the big fish (Wal-Mart)? I am not saying which is right... but what I AM saying is that if it's found that I am breaking FDA rules w/ my sausage and have no business license and Wal-Mart did not verify that I was legit they could catch heat for it, and they WILL catch heat for it. EVERY1 knows that Topspeed did not do the work, but at the same time do not jump on here tryna "protect" a shop where some1 there, or some1 authorized to work there committed a felony. Put it this way... if Miranda takes TOM (not Topspeed) to court... do you think Topspeed would NEVER be mentioned in the trial?? You bet your ass it will. Doesn't make it right, but it will happen.

got a point...

Dragonfly5338
06-21-2006, 10:21 AM
And we come back to the same issue. Did Tom do this intentionally as a way to try and hurt Miranda, or did he do it because something broke on the car and rather than catch heat from his g/f or whatever, he switched the part. Whatever, we'll never know.

Both Miranda and Tom are extremely smart people, and talented drivers. But THIS IS A BREAK UP. Do I believe Miranda's side 100%? No. Do I believe Tom's side 100%? No. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

And Matt, if we're doing that association, then You = Batlground, haha. :tongue: Nice try.

BABY J
06-21-2006, 10:23 AM
;)

Big Baller
06-21-2006, 10:27 AM
And Matt, if we're doing that association, then You = Batlground, haha. :tongue: Nice try.

You know the funny thing is Val, thats exactly what I'm getting at. If it had been the same situation at Batlground with me being the Tom in the story, then all your little homies would be all over Batlground.

The bottom line is that there is something fuckin shady going on.

GTScoob
06-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Both Miranda and Tom are extremely smart people, and talented drivers. But THIS IS A BREAK UP. Do I believe Miranda's side 100%? No. Do I believe Tom's side 100%? No. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Which is why I'll say again. This is BS to even bring the breakup drama online, they should just deal with it like everybody else does when they break up. I wonder if they broke up online too?

Dragonfly5338
06-21-2006, 01:48 PM
You know the funny thing is Val, thats exactly what I'm getting at. If it had been the same situation at Batlground with me being the Tom in the story, then all your little homies would be all over Batlground.

The bottom line is that there is something fuckin shady going on.

Dunno about that, you could be right. But most people on here aren't my "homies" either, btw.

Although I'm pretty sure if you and your girl broke up, you wouldn't post stuff up on the internet about it, so nobody would know except those who you talk with in person.

She posted it up here so everyone could know the situation, so everyone can now comment on the situation. And not everyone has her viewpoint. Perks of the internet.

rolling_trip
06-21-2006, 01:50 PM
die thread, die

BABY J
06-21-2006, 01:55 PM
BUMP THREAD, BUMP!!! LOL

Tracy
06-21-2006, 02:54 PM
And we come back to the same issue. Did Tom do this intentionally as a way to try and hurt Miranda, or did he do it because something broke on the car and rather than catch heat from his g/f or whatever, he switched the part. Whatever, we'll never know.

exactly what I was saying earlier Tom=TopSpeed ;). That's the game everyone tries to play with me ;) why is that not the case with this??? I've been told over and over that my customers are a reflection on our shop. But then again..this is IA and there are no rules.

I think it's funny at this point. I just hope everyone remebers this thread the next time they get mad at Matt and try to blame it on BG :D cus Ima save it and pull it up on your ass...not you Val....

BABY J
06-21-2006, 02:55 PM
** covers ass**

**runs home... BACKWARDS**

Dragonfly5338
06-21-2006, 03:58 PM
exactly what I was saying earlier Tom=TopSpeed ;). That's the game everyone tries to play with me ;) why is that not the case with this??? I've been told over and over that my customers are a reflection on our shop. But then again..this is IA and there are no rules.

I think it's funny at this point. I just hope everyone remebers this thread the next time they get mad at Matt and try to blame it on BG :D cus Ima save it and pull it up on your ass...not you Val....

Hehe I don't get mad at Matt anymore. Getting mad at Matt is SO last season.

GTScoob
06-21-2006, 09:44 PM
Hehe I don't get mad at Matt anymore. Getting mad at Matt is SO last season.

hahaha. I'm really susprised this thread has gone this long without a lock, normally as soon as shops are brought up threads get the lock.

Miranda
06-22-2006, 04:44 AM
lol

I'm amazed that you guys think that this has anything to do with me and Tom breaking up. This happened a LONG LONG time before we broke up.

I'm putting this out there because some douchebag (for whatever reason) swapped my vin plate with another car.

This has nothing to do with BG or Topspeed, so leave them out of it. The only downside for Topspeed is that Classic Cadillac/Subaru has an issue where the car they left in Topspeed's care was fucked with. Regardless of Tom's status with Topspeed, that reflects poorly on them. I'd be pissed if I was Doug or Giovanni.

Oh, and GTScoob.. you have a hell of a lot of nerve. I triple dare you to talk that way to me in my face. I've never been rude to you, but you automatically assume I'm some psycho hosebeast just because I'm stating the facts of Tom fucking with mine and Classic's cars... you'd never act that way to my face.

Total keyboard commando FTL.

BABY J
06-22-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm amazed that you guys think that this has anything to do with me and Tom breaking up. This happened a LONG LONG time before we broke up...

So why was damn near the 1st thing you posted about you and him dating? Why are you continuing to pretend like this has NOTHING to do with it. Sheesh!

DAYUM you are some CONFUSED little woman aren't cha?? FIRST YOU SAY:

This has nothing to do with BG or Topspeed, so leave them out of it.

Then you IMMEDIATELY say (in the same paragraph at that)...

The only downside for Topspeed is that Classic Cadillac/Subaru has an issue where the car they left in Topspeed's care was fucked with. Regardless of Tom's status with Topspeed, that reflects poorly on them. I'd be pissed if I was Doug or Giovanni.

You are trying to start a SHITSTORM between Topspeed and Tom. That's THEIR battle to fight. YOURS has to do w/ YOUR car... and your car only.

You said you posted to get to the BOTTOM of it. While you may not have gotten to the TRUE bottom (meaning PROOF that he broke something and switched it only to try to keep the peace w/ you), you HAVE gotten resolution. He has apologized and said he will make WHATEVER that is wrong right. Are you happy with that? Answer that so we can lock this bitch... getting old.

Classic is well-capable of dealing w/ Topspeed if they have issues with them... that's not your job, and is ALMOST irrelevant to this thread. (I said ALMOST)

Simply stated: ARE YOU FUCKING HAPPY THAT TOM HAS APOLOGIZED AND SAID HE WILL RIGHT EVERYTHING THAT HE FUCKED UP??? YES OR NO??? AND IF NO, WHAT DOES HE NEED TO DO TO MAKE IT RIGHT (WITH YOU)???