PDA

View Full Version : need OEM stereo code for '98 Accord EX

Spacemonkey71
06-16-2006, 05:45 AM
Honda has an anti-theft feature on their OEM stereos that makes you punch in a 5 digit code to restart the radio after it looses power. The idea is that if your deck is stolen, the thief can't use the radio b/c he doesn't know the code and it won't work.

This isn't a bad feature but the down side of this is that if you change your battery, fuse, etc... and loose power, you need the code to re-activate the damn thing....

I just bought my wife a '98 Accord EX and I need to know how to get this code without pulling the entire deck?

If I have to get the serial number from the deck, how does the deck come out on an Accord? I can't figure out how this thing is bolted in... :confused:

an0therh22
06-16-2006, 07:49 AM
yea if should be on the top side of ur passenger side compartment i think its like 4 digits but u can also take it to the dealer and they can run the vins for u dunno which one would be easier for u

SLow_POke
06-16-2006, 08:23 AM
best thing i know is going to the honda dealer . but i think they charge for that .

Dominic49
06-16-2006, 01:35 PM
40 bux from honda fooo.... unless you gotta friend at a dealership...

dereksi
06-16-2006, 01:36 PM
cant you just take the ash tray out and look on back? I know some of them have the code on the back of the ash trays

SLow_POke
06-16-2006, 10:25 PM
cant you just take the ash tray out and look on back? I know some of them have the code on the back of the ash trays

thast worth a try but IDK if its true