PDA

View Full Version : quick question....

Master Shake
06-16-2006, 12:06 AM
got a 1995 civic ex that skips when you give it so much gas(push the pedal down).
it still redlines though.
i have been told that it had jumped time a tooth. but i think its a the fuel pump.
i have also been told it might be the distibutor.
any thoughts of what it could be?

and i know this is the wrong forum but no one ever responds to this in the general tech forum.

Seymour222
06-16-2006, 12:10 AM
The list is almost endless with possibilites.

Scrappy
06-16-2006, 12:11 AM
yup that was my problem... and took many different things till it stopped... sucks though just dont get on it so much... its a civic it doesnt like it hard ;)

Seymour222
06-16-2006, 12:15 AM
yup that was my problem... and took many different things till it stopped... sucks though just dont get on it so much... its a civic it doesnt like it hard ;)

Wrong, THEY LOVE IT HARD.

ewww, that was a new low for me.

Sibious
06-16-2006, 01:55 AM
Wrong, THEY LOVE IT HARD.

ewww, that was a new low for me.

and thats why u and him had problems w/ ur cars :goodjob:

never_finished
06-16-2006, 02:01 AM
check your plugs/plugwires dood

RandomGuy
06-16-2006, 02:24 AM
sounds like ur vtec went bad

get a new one

www.turbonator.com

Wurm
06-16-2006, 03:38 AM
your block is cracked and head warped so sell me the car for dirt cheap :)

{X}Echo419
06-16-2006, 06:53 AM

and your coil pack(s) or distributor cap. I'm not sure which a civic has

civic95
06-16-2006, 08:49 AM

Werd. I had the same problem once. The higher the RPM, the better it ran. I thought something was really bad wrong. I checked the plugs, and they looked fine. Checked a bunch of other stuff, and couldn't find anything. I decided to check the plugs again. There was a hairline crack in the insulator that goes around the electrode in one of the plugs. Could barely see it. I replaced them, and problem solved. POS bosch platinums.

B16a2 Civic
06-16-2006, 08:54 AM
headlight fluid, your low

Master Shake
06-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Scrappy: the car doesn't get dogged. it belongs to my girlfriend and she doesn't like to drive fast so you know. i thought the timing might have skipped, but it doesn't seem to be the case, it doesn't idle abnormal or anything and when i drove it it redlined out like it was suppose to(got smacked in the process for it, too)

Never_Finished: just had new spark plugs and plug wires put in about 3-4 weeks ago. along with new fuel filter.

RandomGuy: this car has only see the VTEC once, and it was when i was driving it. and the car was having these problems when she got the car.

Wurm: you're not getting the car.

{X}Echo419: i have been told that it could be the distributor cap. i haven't had the time to check it due to i'm at work a lot.(i'm at work now).

Civic95: same problems here, as the RPM's start to get higher it runs a little better. but its only when you press the gas pedal down so far is when it starts to studdard and shit. but if you press it gently then it'll run fine. but since i just replaced all the plugs and wires, i don't see why it would be them, unless they are fucked up when i bought them from advance.

B16a2Civic: already check that, cause we all know the headlight fluid is the first sign of any motor problems.

SLow_POke
06-16-2006, 01:01 PM
i did try to answer your question:)

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=34634782#post34634782

BTW did you have a MIL?

B16a2 Civic
06-16-2006, 01:02 PM
good sense of humor
anyway, thy are right, it can be afew things, do you after an aftermarket exhaust? check to see fi your cat is clogged, also, timing, alot of times with little to no response for the gas pedal, it could be your timing belt or your tensioner

Master Shake
06-16-2006, 01:06 PM
i did try to answer your question:)

http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=34634782#post34634782

BTW did you have a MIL?
yes you did, but it took so long to find out that much. i need to find out whats up with jessica's car so i know what parts to order for it.
i am glad to you were able to tell me if the fuel pump was internal or external, cause everyone i asked around here was just like "uh i don't know".
i don't think its the timing cause the motor was just rebuilt about 2 months ago before it was put into the car. he said he used new parts but i'm still questioning if he did or not.

MIL?

B16a2 Civic
06-16-2006, 01:09 PM
yes you did, but it took so long to find out that much. i need to find out whats up with jessica's car so i know what parts to order for it.
i am glad to you were able to tell me if the fuel pump was internal or external, cause everyone i asked around here was just like "uh i don't know".
i don't think its the timing cause the motor was just rebuilt about 2 months ago before it was put into the car. he said he used new parts but i'm still questioning if he did or not.

MIL?

i'd double check, erbuilt motors shouldn't habe ANY problems, oh yeah, what type of fuel and oil are you using....could be that too

SLow_POke
06-16-2006, 01:12 PM
MIL (malfunction Indicator Lamp) ; check engine light

Master Shake
06-16-2006, 01:13 PM
i'd double check, erbuilt motors shouldn't habe ANY problems, oh yeah, what type of fuel and oil are you using....could be that toooil 10w-40 and gas....that expensive shit.

Master Shake
06-16-2006, 01:13 PM
MIL (malfunction Indicator Lamp) ; check engine lightthe light isn't on....shows that its running fine.

SLow_POke
06-16-2006, 01:18 PM
well since you say you rebuilt your engine not to long ago . i would also look at your tranny . assumings it AT? right

form past experience . some At problem are extremly similsar to mechanical engine problems . just my :2cents:

Master Shake
06-16-2006, 01:20 PM
well since you say you rebuilt your engine not to long ago . i would also look at your tranny . assumings it AT? right

form past experience . some At problem are extremly similsar to mechanical engine problems . just my :2cents:its a 5-spd

SLow_POke
06-16-2006, 01:24 PM
brrrrrrrrr . lol good .
you said you changed your fuel filter, plugs and wires, :confused: make sure everything is tight . and check all your plugs to the sensors tsp, and map especially .they go bad an wont always give you a check engine light.

civic95
06-16-2006, 02:27 PM
So the engine was rebuilt. Did it run correctly for a period of time after the rebuild? Or has it been like this since the rebuild?

Master Shake
06-17-2006, 02:36 PM
So the engine was rebuilt. Did it run correctly for a period of time after the rebuild? Or has it been like this since the rebuild?it did run good for a while. but i changed the plug wires again and now the engine light is on.

SLow_POke
06-17-2006, 05:36 PM
it did run good for a while. but i changed the plug wires again and now the engine light is on.

what code does it throw?

scttydb411
06-17-2006, 10:08 PM
get factory honda wires...more trouble come from aftermarket wires. also replace the rotor.

Master Shake
06-20-2006, 02:15 PM
what code does it throw?changes the wires again and stopped the spuddering...and now it says the VTEC is bad....but i have one of those here for her car.

B16a2 Civic
06-20-2006, 02:17 PM
ahhh, not gettin good enough spark

jdmcrx12
06-21-2006, 01:11 PM
it sounds to be a timming problem change the coil and cap and rotor

jdmcrx12
06-21-2006, 01:12 PM
i dont think the v tec just goes bad does it

johndial
06-23-2006, 10:32 AM
def check the rotor button (aka rotor) inside the distributor cap. My crx wouldn't run one day...we thought it jumped time but that's almost impossible if your timing belt is tight. So yeah, my rotor button would come loose occasionaly and that's probably your problem too. Hope that helps....IM OUT!