PDA

View Full Version : '98 Accord Tranny Problems?

Spacemonkey71
06-15-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm thinking about buying this '98 Accord EX for my wife (it's in beautiful shape; 85K mi; 4 door; auto tranny) for ~$7K, but I was doing a little research and there was a heap of irate people bitching about the auto tranny blowing up in this model.

Does ANYONE know anything about this? I can see how it could happen if with the V6 models (strapping a 4 cyl tranny to a V6 engine = gear soup) but does this also happen in the 4 cyl models?

I'd really like to know if I buy this thing that I'm not going to get wacked with a $3K rebuilt tranny in a month....

SLow_POke
06-16-2006, 09:23 AM
call the dealer . and ask if they have a a TSB (technical service bulliten) on what you asked they should help you . at least hope so;)

Nittanys1
06-16-2006, 10:08 AM
I talk the accord boards and this is a big problem like you said. I myself am on my 2nd tranny after my first one went out with 75k on it. I have added an EXTRA tranny filter and a cooler to it. If you take care of the car and dont stress it out it should last. ohh and FYI always use the E-brake when parking. If not the car rolls forwards/backwards after in park and rest on the tranny....