PDA

View Full Version : Misc my jack russel mocha!

JDMJAYDC2
06-15-2006, 05:09 AM
ok heres a few of her hope this works

JDMJAYDC2
06-15-2006, 11:06 AM
anyone else have a jack russel?

kelly marie
06-15-2006, 11:18 AM
we have a rat terrier.. which everyone thinks is a jack russel.. they are very simular though.. very cute.. here is a pic of our pup!! she is 7 months old and about 11 lbs!!

JDMJAYDC2
06-15-2006, 01:34 PM
are you having trouble housetraining omg she poops every fucking where lol but i cant get mad with face like that also she is shedding alot i dont know if thats normal or not with her being white she gets really dirty but the vet says not to wash her too often any tips on how to make her smell alittle better than the regular puppy odor

kelly marie
06-15-2006, 01:53 PM
we have been house-training since we got her.. lol 5 months or so.. we live in an apt on the 3rd floor so we have trained her to use a doggie litter box (she is also trained to go outside too).. she has been doing very well with that.. except every couple of days we have to use new litter because she doesnt want to get her paws dirty... she goes and does her business and we praise her and give her a treat right after she is done.. so she knows she has done well.. puppies always go to the bathroom alot.. its normal.. but maybe consider not giving quit so much food.. you are supposed to give 1/2 of dry dog food twice a day.. of course treats as well.. but these breeds are verrrrry smart but sooo stuborn.. she knows exactly what she is doing and what makes us mad..

now for the scent.. one thing we do with emma.. we give her a bath with the regular puppy shampoo (flea and tick) then i use my herbal essence conditioner on her.. keeps her smelling fruity and oh so nice!! they also have that dry bath stuff.. no water needed..

all my dogs have been bigger and sooo much easier to train.. but terriers are very smart and if they are not using their little brains they get bored and act out.. fyi.. if your pup chewing give it cheeweez.. they are flavored chips that they just love.. just keep an eye on them cuz they get small and swallow whats left.. make sure you are close by when you give them one!!

JDMJAYDC2
06-15-2006, 02:03 PM
well she stays in the crate while im at work but when im at home i try and let her out but she just is every damn where she does good when i let her out to pee but everynow and then she will pee on the carpet not so much now though how often are you giving yours a bath? she has plenty of chew toys though im trying to get her to calm down and stop jumping on the couch i have a old ass couch so im training her not to jump on it so when i get a really nice one i wont have the problem but no such luck lol

now with the food thing she is being fed only twice a day and no water after 7pm with the dry food for some reason she wont eat it now unless i pour water in it and the food is kinda soft i think maybe she is having some teeth fall out she bit a towel and i saw alittle blood but when i opened her mouth after some wrestling of course i saw nothing.

kelly marie
06-15-2006, 03:29 PM
how old is she? she is probably teething.. emma is done now and has all her adult teeth but she still chews... she has a million toys but if drews wallet is around or any form of paper.. she will run and tear it up.. emma stays in her crate too.. all day.. then she is out when we get home.. make sure the crate isnt too big.. if she has room to move around she will go potty in there.. which she will probably do anyway cuz it sounds like she is still a pup.. but as soon as you take her out.. no matter when it is.. morning.. night.. take her directly outside so she can go potty.. and they say with pups you HAVE to take them out about 15 times a day.. of course they are going to have accidents.. but eventually she will learn and they will cease!! i feel emma the purina puppy food.. she loves it.. i usually mix it with water cuz it gives a bit of gravy.. they eat that up!! we try and bathe emma at least once/twice a month.. the flea and tick shampoo is good for up to 10 days.. depending on how much they are outside

JDMJAYDC2
06-15-2006, 05:08 PM
shes still a pup im such a bad father i used to keep up with how old she is but ive been busy and my brain isnt working but yeah she poops in the crate just cause im gone at night but she holds it sometime till i get home im trying on working on getting her to calm down some when she is outside the crate walking around the house but she just wont settle im gonna work on it this weekend though ill post some recent ones of her tomorrow with the webcam she has gotten alot bigger than that first pic

babygurl
06-26-2006, 09:15 AM
we have a rat terrier.. which everyone thinks is a jack russel.. they are very simular though.. very cute.. here is a pic of our pup!! she is 7 months old and about 11 lbs!!

in that pic she has this expression

"Mommy, what did I do now?"

LOL Pugsley looks like that all the time!

u_like_me
06-27-2006, 09:05 PM
I have 6 Jack Russells. One of them is deaf. His name is Squirt. He is my baby...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/rbrandon383/squirt.jpg

ludechopper
07-15-2006, 07:32 AM
picture of my jack russel (jill) and my basenji (rocky)

kittychick
07-15-2006, 10:17 PM
these dogs are so cute- and full of energy! I had a friend that has had 4!
isn't it a Parson Russell Terrier now? I don't remember the breed name change, but there is a difference, right?
http://www.akc.org/breeds/parson_russell_terrier/index.cfm

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-15-2006, 10:31 PM
jack russells are hyper as shit..

is there a specific reason for that?

JDMJAYDC2
07-30-2006, 06:29 PM
i have no idea but mine is all over the place sometimes i wish i would have picked a dog that would just chill out sometime or one that i could acutally leave in the house when im not there and wouldnt mess up anything anyone else with a jack russel able to leave theres alone if so help me out please lol.

SixSquared
07-31-2006, 02:19 PM
I dunno how you guys do the jack russels.. we had one for about 3 weeks and had to find her another home.. cute pup, but WAY too hyper.

As far as the smelling good, powder her. Yes, powder her. Get some baby powder, put it on your hand, and rub it into her coat. It will keep her smelling good, her coat AMAZINGLY soft, and will help keep her skin underneath healthy and flake free. :) Don't go overboard though.. just a little once every other week or so. A friend of our family raises bassett hounds and she taught us that trick. All of her dogs are GORGEOUS... nice shiny coats, and so soft to touch. :)

u_like_me
08-06-2006, 09:11 PM
I am thinking you have a Jack Russell right... Ok... Yes, they are suppose to shed alot. It is normal for them. I have 6 Jack Russells and they have a mind of their own that is for sure. Since they are so independent in their thinking it is harder to train them then any other dog. I have been reading the books trying myself to break my babies but it has not yet happened. I am not real sure if you know or not but they also have so much energy that it builds up if they do not get the energy used enough. It will cause them to tear up stuff, scratch floors and carpet, (due to their instincts to dig) and they are very nosey. Atleast mine are. Lol... Hopefully you will have good luck training your baby. The one I am training right now had parvo real bad when he was a baby and it pretty much killed him. When I brought him home from his 13 day hospital stay I was told he would probaly die. I had alot of work ahead of me to save him and god it was hard but so worth it. I look at him everyday and smile because he is a miracle and I know it. He is also deaf so it makes things so much harder. I know I have blabbed on but I hope I have helped a little bit. If you ever wanna talk about Jack Russells I will be more then happy to listen and blab back.... Michelle P.S. One awesome way to get their energy out is to play tug of war with them. O my god.... That is a Jack Russells favorite game....:goodjob:

are you having trouble housetraining omg she poops every fucking where lol but i cant get mad with face like that also she is shedding alot i dont know if thats normal or not with her being white she gets really dirty but the vet says not to wash her too often any tips on how to make her smell alittle better than the regular puppy odor

u_like_me
08-06-2006, 09:15 PM
Omg... My Jack Russell looks just like yours except mine does not have the solid white on the back. He has some brown.... So cute.. How old?????

picture of my jack russel (jill) and my basenji (rocky)

u_like_me
08-06-2006, 09:23 PM
I actually did not read the whole thread before I posted... I have been able to leave my Jack Russell in the house lately for some reason. He is usally into everything so it is a mystery as to what I will come home to. For any reason I need to leave him in the house I have came up with a few little ideas that have helped big time. It is somewhat annoying to have to do these things but seeming we did picka hyper, barking, getting into everything kind of dog the littlest thing can be the biggest relief.
1) I always shut all the doors in the house.
2) I put the trash can where he cannot get it. (outside,garage,etc.)
3) I always try to make sure that there is nothing laying around he can chew up. Seeming he has a good bit of height to his jump I usally put everything in my room and shut the door.
4) Leave him/her some toys and bones in a certain place that they know so they can chew on them. I always leave more then one kind due to the fact they get bored so easily and want a change.
I think this is all I can think of for now but if I think of anything else I will be sure to post it.... Michelle

SOHC MONSTER
08-07-2006, 03:29 PM
No babe!! That is my dog!! :D

I have 6 Jack Russells. One of them is deaf. His name is Squirt. He is my baby...

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/rbrandon383/squirt.jpg

JDMJAYDC2
08-07-2006, 04:49 PM
wow i envy you for being able to leave yours at home my little mocha isnt having that ill try and post up some new pictures of her later on today if i can get her to be still long enough for the webcam shes a lot bigger than the pics i posted at first about 10lbs. now and oh so full of energy i usually try and tire her out and much as possible outside i run and let her run beside me kinda like a race i get back in shape and she gets alot of exercise so its a win win situation but it seems now like she will only go to the bathroom in the crate now lol somehow we have taken steps backwards but its a learning process as i am getting to understand now but i think she is somewhat getting used to the habits of the house now.

kittychick
08-07-2006, 05:50 PM
but it seems now like she will only go to the bathroom in the crate now lol somehow we have taken steps backwards but its a learning process as i am getting to understand now but i think she is somewhat getting used to the habits of the house now.

that's really odd? do you think she feels uncomfortable going potty outside?
what if you waited for her to go potty before you went running, and if she doesn't go potty, then she doesn't get to go for her run (which it sounds like she really likes)

i originally trained my dog to to pee and poo on comand and then he would get to play ball (his fav thing), it motivated him to take care of business fast!

...looking forward to seeing new pictures!

JDMJAYDC2
08-11-2006, 05:24 PM
ok heres some new pics i snapped alittle while ago on the webcam alittle big but hey what the hell heres mocha

kittychick
08-12-2006, 08:36 AM
^^people and their dogs :) you guys are so precious

dogs are so awesome!