PDA

View Full Version : Misc my schnauzer died.. wtf?

babowc
06-14-2006, 11:55 PM
hey guys,
the other day..
i left home for about an hour and i found one of my mini schnauzers dead on the floor..
i leave them in the garage tied up with the garage door a bit opened when im going out and i had a DHL guy come and drop me some stuff off while i was gone..

anyways,
i came back home in about 1hr and my dog was just laying there and i called her name, but of course, she didnt answer....since she was dead.

she was VERY lively right before i even left the house.
and it was a bit of a shocker to see her dead a little more than 1hr afterwards..

i was just wondering.. WHAT could POSSIBLY be the cause of this?
i left them food and plenty of water.
they had nothing to eat that would possibly make them sick, that i gave them.
there were nothing on the garage floor within their reach for them to have gotten ahold of to have eaten.
BUT, they do bark ALOT at strangers....
lastly, she was VERY much lively when i left the house..

i buried her in a coffin in my backyard, but i feel so bad for her since she was the younger of the two..
could it be natural causes?.. she had shots taken when she was born and a year afterwards too..

could she have been killed by the DHL guy?.. her body was frozen up when i came back...

anyone know what the reason could be? :(

SampaGuy
06-15-2006, 12:56 AM
back when i lived in brazil, i noticed i hadnt seen my dog in like a day or two so i go look for her in the garage and she was just laying there all day, wouldnt stand up nor eat or bark. my mom took her to the vet the next day (she still hadnt moved, at all) and she died there after a few hours. turns out someone from the street threw some kind of poisoned food over the gate. a week later or so my neighbor's house got robbed, and the thiefs had jumped over my fence and then jumped another fence to the neighbor's backyard. if i could find them today i would kill them. she was a good dog.

babowc
06-15-2006, 02:11 AM
:/
i live by the road so i doubt someone would come up and throw something at the dog to maliciously feed..
but.. if it was the DHL guy.. that'd be some fucked up shit... killing a damn dog.

i gave chocolate to these dogs by accident (2-4 times) before and these dogs didnt die.. WTF!

now the mommy is all alone...

TIGERJC
06-15-2006, 02:12 AM
sorry for your loss. I dont think that your dog would die that quickly from most common poisons, but im prolly wrong. Most dogs that I see poisoned, die in about 4-48 hrs. Im sorry for your loss again, but u might want to take your second dog to the vet to get checked out immediately

babowc
06-15-2006, 02:14 AM
its been a few days and the mommy is fine...
i heard dogs can get a heartattack if they bark for too long?..
is that true?.. because my dogs bark like crazy at strangers

The Ren
06-15-2006, 06:05 AM
First off my condolences.. I know my pets are like my kids to me..

now as far as the reason goes.....its possible.. but honestly the only way you would know if you had taken the dog to the vet and had a necropsy (autopsy) done.. She was in the garage.. so she could have suffered from heatstroke...or could have had an underlying heart problem...or god forbid as someone said before she could have somehow gotten into something that she ate that cause her death. It's very hard to tell..

We had a lady come into the office two days ago (i work for a vet up here in braselton) and her little pug she had only had for less than a week had gotten out of the house. She found it the next day under her deck and notice the dog was having major trouble breathing.. she brought it in, but sometime during her finding the dog and getting to the vet, the pup had died. The doctor found lots of bite marks on the underside of the pup.. and the owner said she never saw them.. I didnt tell you this to depress you.. just saying crazy things can happen...

The Golden Child
06-15-2006, 12:09 PM
so sorry about your dog ..

kittychick
06-15-2006, 12:44 PM
That's aweful.
What a mystery too.