PDA

View Full Version : holy shit body work sucks ass

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Today I pulled most the dents out of my truck. Here is a pic of the biggest dent. It took me prolly 45 minutes to get all them on there then someone else pulled the dent out cause i was to tired. It was the first time I have ever done anything like that. The guy paintin it put all the pins on the other dents which was prolly like 50 pins in all and i pulled the dents out then we got to that one and I told him I wanted to put the pins on cause i knew it would be to much to pull.

2.0civic
06-14-2006, 08:32 PM
wtf are those things in the side?? looks like hellraiser coming out the side

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Got a little gun and you put a pin in it and push it down and it welds it to the body and then you got a little thing you put on the pin and pull and it pulls the dents out.

uproot
06-14-2006, 08:34 PM
oh damn thats pretty nifty

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 08:35 PM
its like the things that drills a screw into the body and then you pull except it don't put a hole in the body. Once you get the dent out just cut the pin at the bottom then grind it down.

2.0civic
06-14-2006, 08:41 PM
ahhhh....gotcha...it all meaks sense now

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 08:44 PM
today was the first time i have ever saw one and i got pretty good with it.

5thgcelica
06-14-2006, 09:10 PM
yeah uh. not sure if you really needed that many. ol.

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 09:14 PM
yea I did. if not then i would have had to put more in it and chance it poppin back in.

chuck
06-14-2006, 09:24 PM
yeah uh. not sure if you really needed that many. ol.

ddddddddditto

are you really saying that you went from pin to pin to pin x100 with the slide hammer??? it may work in the end, just kinda a waste of time/materials/wrong tools

and just hope that in 'getting pretty good at it' you didn't burn through any spots...THAT sucks ass...doing body work right the first time is easy and i'd even call it fun at times, ha

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 09:27 PM
ddddddddditto

are you really saying that you went from pin to pin to pin x100 with the slide hammer??? it may work in the end, just kinda a waste of time/materials/wrong tools

and just hope that in 'getting pretty good at it' you didn't burn through any spots...THAT sucks ass...doing body work right the first time is easy and i'd even call it fun at times, ha

yup I put every pin in right after another. I never burnt through. A couple times it arced(sp?) and shot sparks everywhere. Burnt the hell outta myself a few times. We put that many on there cause we didn't feel like havin to use alot of bondo right there. the dent pretty much went from the top of my bed to the bottom of it. I was doin donuts one night before I decided to fix it up and there was a barrel and I thought it was plastic but boy was I wrong it was metal and full of somethin. Yea it is pretty fun at times. That is what I am goin to college for. Auto body and paint.

Bishop
06-14-2006, 09:32 PM
That is what I am goin to college for. Auto body and paint.
What school are you/will you be going to?

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 09:35 PM
Coosa Valley Tech. It is a small technical college near me. I ain't really smart enough to get into a good college. And I never took the SAT so that would make it alot harder.

i4_garage
06-14-2006, 09:36 PM
that is totally uncall for...lol....how can u use over 50 pins?>>>!>!??!

i4_garage
06-14-2006, 09:36 PM
i will just have to use about 5 to 10 pins max

5thgcelica
06-14-2006, 09:37 PM
DONT SAY LANIER TECH! lol.

but really man. i wouldnt have put that many pins, maybe like 10 in some good spots... grabbed me a body hammer or two knock that crown down, and just wiped it once or twice.

Bishop
06-14-2006, 09:40 PM
fuck, i would have just scuffed it up, threw a gallon of kitty hair on there, skim wipe of bondo and call it a day lol

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 09:41 PM
if yall seen the dent in person then you would understand. It was HUGE. We tried some smaller ones with a few pins and it didn't work. And whenever he was pullin the bottom dent out every one of the pins was nessessary(sp?)

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 09:42 PM
fuck, i would have just scuffed it up, threw a gallon of kitty hair on there, skim wipe of bondo and call it a day lol

I want it to look like there was no dent there cause pretty soon it will be an all show truck.

5thgcelica
06-14-2006, 09:44 PM
I want it to look like there was no dent there cause pretty soon it will be an all show truck.

hey, you'd be surprised what kitty hair and bondo can do. lol. if you're good you can make it look like brand new. lol..

i think me and craig have mastered bondo after building this damn dtrunk lol.

Bishop
06-14-2006, 09:45 PM
hey, you'd be surprised what kitty hair and bondo can do. lol. if you're good you can make it look like brand new. lol..

i think me and craig have mastered bondo after building this damn dtrunk lol.
fuck bondo, fuck body work, fuck school lol

5thgcelica
06-14-2006, 09:47 PM
fuck bondo, fuck body work, fuck school lol

tru dude. so true. lol. fuck trying to have a perfect looking car that you drive daily.. auuugghh lol. its a pain int he ass, but damn it turns heads and spreads legs..hahahahahha

chuck
06-14-2006, 09:47 PM
nah man, i was asking if you really used the puller on every pin...not if you really put every pin on there...

but anyhow, for future ref...they make another tip for that tack gun, instead of putting down 100 pins you just put down crinkle strips...kinda like /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ put the points one one side one the budy using the gun then use a little tool with like 20 hooks to hook into the other side....great for "undoing" poles

5thgcelica
06-14-2006, 09:48 PM
nah man, i was asking if you really used the puller on every pin...not if you really put every pin on there...

but anyhow, for future ref...they make another tip for that tack gun, instead of putting down 100 pins you just put down crinkle strips...kinda like /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ put the points one one side one the budy using the gun then use a little tool with like 20 hooks to hook into the other side....great for "undoing" poles

word, i had forgotten about those..

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 09:49 PM
I pulled all the other pins which was prolly around 40-50 but my supervisor(the one paintin my truck) pulled all the pins in that big ass dent.

JDMBeau
06-14-2006, 09:56 PM
my dent int he rear 1/4 was pretty bad creased. i dunno if BPD remembers it from the prelude meet or not, but we welded the pins and pulled it out ENOUGH and wiped it with ultra lite body filler, and it is smooth.

looks goodage tho. i would drive around like that

i4_garage
06-14-2006, 09:57 PM
^^school will only teach u the basics....real life training will teach make u a master

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 09:58 PM
my dent int he rear 1/4 was pretty bad creased. i dunno if BPD remembers it from the prelude meet or not, but we welded the pins and pulled it out ENOUGH and wiped it with ultra lite body filler, and it is smooth.

looks goodage tho. i would drive around like that
You saw that dent in the back the night we went to the varsity didn't ya?

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 10:00 PM
^^school will only teach u the basics....real life training will teach make u a master

true. My supervisor is goin to teach me how to do everything just so whenever i go to school for it I will know what all is goin on. I am goin to see if he will teach me to paint also cause I have my stock hood and bumper still and would like to practice on that.

JDMBeau
06-14-2006, 10:08 PM
lets take autopaint and body at CVTC next semester d00d

gijoe0720
06-14-2006, 10:11 PM
that is when I am goin.

chuck
06-14-2006, 10:12 PM

so true...i couldn't wait to get my paper and get out of there, really i learned easily twice as much in the different shops i was at than i did at school

...so yeah, real life training will teach make u a master daniel son, haha, j/k....BUT, not about the school thing...but the papers do help in end $$$$$$ :goodjob:

JDMBeau
06-14-2006, 10:15 PM
i havnt even been to school for it, but ive done alot of work just kinda teaching my self, and watching my buddies prep my car, i feel pretty confident, i could do a decent prep job my self, but i still wanna play with the gun

ratedEG
06-14-2006, 11:42 PM
lol damn thats alot of pins. It looks like that game from price is right PLINKO where u drop the round disc and it falls to the bottom.

speedminded
06-15-2006, 10:37 AM
lol damn thats alot of pins. It looks like that game from price is right PLINKO where u drop the round disc and it falls to the bottom.:lmfao: except on this one nothing is small enough to drop through ALL those pins...expect maybe water.

Whatever happened to the days where you just cut shit out and replace it...fuck bondo, fiberglass, all of it...cut, replace, weld, grind, fill, sand, etc. Bodyshops should be fabricators, not makeup artists.

5thgcelica
06-15-2006, 10:44 AM
:lmfao: except on this one nothing is small enough to drop through ALL those pins...expect maybe water.

Whatever happened to the days where you just cut shit out and replace it...fuck bondo, fiberglass, all of it...cut, replace, weld, grind, fill, sand, etc. Bodyshops should be fabricators, not makeup artists.

i hear ya man.. but time is money.

speedminded
06-15-2006, 12:35 PM
i hear ya man.. but time is money.you mean having money into the right tools...with a metal slicer you could cut out a piece of sheet metal to size and use a roller to get the shape, it only curves in 1 direction anyways...it's not like it's a motorcycle fuel tank! Take an air snipper and cut out either side of the dent...tack, weld, grind, etc...

gijoe0720
06-15-2006, 06:27 PM
It ain't at a body shop it is at my supervisors house and he can't do that i don't think and he wants to use as little bondo as possible that is why there are so many pins

i4_garage
06-15-2006, 06:31 PM
bodywork FTFW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aka For the Fuking win!!!!!

HatchMan
06-15-2006, 09:47 PM
for some odd reasons, watching these pics just gave me some goose bumps.....

-S Double C-
06-16-2006, 12:24 AM
wtf are those things in the side?? looks like hellraiser coming out the side

LAUGHING MY GOD DAMN ASS OFF!!! :lmfao: