PDA

View Full Version : Misc puppy question ..

The Golden Child
06-14-2006, 11:46 AM
how long does it take for a mother dog to pop out her puppys ??

kittychick
06-14-2006, 09:12 PM
http://www.hilltopanimalhospital.com/reproduction.htm

The Golden Child
06-14-2006, 09:42 PM
thanks for the link ill read up on it ..

babowc
06-15-2006, 02:12 AM
my schnauzer did it while the family was asleep..

The Ren
06-15-2006, 06:27 AM
Shouldnt take longer then about 12-24 hours for the entire process depending on litter size..if it does.. id contact your vet

Edit: there shouldnt be more than 2 hours between each puppy.. again if there is.. contact your vet immediatly.. if they have to they can always do a c-section.. but the earlier detection the better

The Golden Child
06-15-2006, 12:11 PM
ok im curious about this though ..
when the ambilical cord * if thats how its spelt * is attached the the puppy ..
does the ambilical cord come out of the moms private ??
or does it stay attached to her private and it drys up and falls off ??

kittychick
06-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Read through the link- or just google it; that's how I came up with the info.

If you're really interested and want to do things the lazy way (I honestly always do it this way) call your vet- the nurses will answer any and all questions. I usually go to the internet if I want to see example, pictures, or alternative ways to treat my dog. Or if he has odd symptoms and the vet's not open.

If you need a recommendation for a vet there's a really great one that my family has gone to for almost 9 years. (Its a drive from Atlanta though).

kittychick
06-15-2006, 12:27 PM
"The Emotional Aspect: The conditions for the birth occur correctly are the following. The environmental conditions should not be disturbed, the female must be at ease and calm, the vaginal tissue must dilate correctly and the contractions of the uterus must be sufficient. The fetus must have a normal size in relation to the size of the hips and they must be presented with their frontal paws next to their head, which is the first thing that comes out. During labor the female dog suffers from anxiety and protests for the presence of the owner. This restlessness is originated because the female does not know what is going on and she instinctively fears for the safety of her young. This is the reason why most female dogs give birth during the night since they feel safer. Tranquility is an indispensable element for the development of a good labor. If in this first moment of life everything is calm the puppy will have a normal arrival to the world.

The Umbilical Chord: At birth the puppy is still attached to the mother by the umbilical chord. The female dog can rip the chord herself, but sometimes it is necessary that the owner of the dog takes care of it. The female eats some of the placentas and then takes care of the puppies. The owner who has followed the whole process must leave and leave the mother and the puppies alone, who will transmit their first teachings until the breast feeding stage is over. Since this moment the owner can be part of this again. An owner who is too possessive dies bit favor the balance of the little ones."

full article (http://www.seefido.com/html/dog_birth.htm)

The Golden Child
06-15-2006, 01:52 PM
ty for the info guys ..

kittychick
06-15-2006, 03:02 PM
you're very welcome! ;)