PDA

View Full Version : Idiot question on changing brakes...

quickdodgeŽ
06-13-2006, 09:18 PM
Can anyone help me out with changing my front brake pads on the Bruick? The driver's side is grinding like a motherfucker and I need to get that shit fixed, but I have not money to take it to a damn shop. Let me know, please. Thanks. Later, QD.

Crazy Asian
06-13-2006, 10:02 PM
Just take the rotor off and goto some auto store and they'll resurface the rotors and get new pads but the sounds of it requires you to get new rotors and new pads for the drivers side. Not that much and pretty easy to do. Heck just any other IA members to help you out. Im sure you have another car so within couple of hours new brakes. Instead of spending 500 All oyu need to spend is about 200 or so. Maybe new brake fluids.

Oh and you need a clamp...I forgot how big it was but you to push the piston back in so the pads can fit. After your all done amke sure you pump the brakes for a good bit.

Goinfasterthanu
06-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Mabye if you werent so rude all the time more folks would help... You have never been rude to me but it was just a thought...

fight club
06-14-2006, 12:57 AM
where you located at?

mike's02ls1
06-14-2006, 02:14 AM
Damn can't change your own brakes?? Or to lazy to do it yourself?? Its very easy to do, pick up a manual, and read....lol j/k

bdydrpdmazda
06-14-2006, 02:47 AM
all you need to do is buy some new pads, take your rotors to a place that can turn them and use some chanel locks or a c-clamp to reset the piston in the caliper, its like a 2 hour job....tops

quickdodgeŽ
06-14-2006, 04:50 AM
Mabye if you werent so rude all the time more folks would help... You have never been rude to me but it was just a thought...

I could give a shit about the people that I'm rude to on here. I've got way more friends on this site than the few people that don't care for me. I'm not rude to anyone that doesn't deserve it.

Damn can't change your own brakes?? Or to lazy to do it yourself?? Its very easy to do, pick up a manual, and read....lol j/k

Lolol. I've never really learned to. Always had a shop to do so. It's time I learn to do it myself. I know there's manuals to help, but it's cool to have someone else top guide you through it. Later, QD.

Nitro
06-14-2006, 06:05 AM
yo!!! holla @ me homie.....u can come by the crib & we can knock it out.....

Nemesis
06-14-2006, 07:04 AM
Hey man, Im up for helping. Ive changed nothing but Ford brakes and Nissan Brakes, but im sure the Buick isnt much different.

mike's02ls1
06-14-2006, 12:06 PM
Hey man, Im up for helping. Ive changed nothing but Ford brakes and Nissan Brakes, but im sure the Buick isnt much different.
Brake's are brake's same theory... Just different tools per application..

{X}Echo419
06-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Can anyone help me out with changing my front brake pads on the Bruick? The driver's side is grinding like a motherfucker and I need to get that shit fixed, but I have not money to take it to a damn shop. Let me know, please. Thanks. Later, QD.
screw driver, wrench, hammer. job done.

3kgtdrvr
06-14-2006, 06:16 PM
^haha u might need a new rotor if its chewed up bad or below minimum thickness. it also might be possible you need a new cailper.