PDA

View Full Version : I am seriously about to hyperventilate over here...

SixSquared
06-13-2006, 03:40 AM
Goddamn (sorry Christians) stupid techs... IF YOU ARE ON CALL 24 HOURS A DAY, THEN FUCKING BE AVAILABLE! YOU KNEW WHEN YOU TOOK YOUR JOB THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE OUT AND ABOUT AT 3AM, DON'T FUCKING GIVE ME AN ATTITUDE

Now that I have that out of the way... long story short... a 35,000 page job was running from 11:15pm to 2:45am. At 2:45am, the printer started faulting. It did it for about 20 minutes and I couldn't get it to resume printing, so I called in a service call at about 3. At this point, the thing's about 28,000 pages in... a good solid 70%. The techs always call back after they get paged, and the tech called back at 3:15, which is abnormally prompt. I'm thinking "SWEET he'll be out here in a jiffy, get it fixed, life will be good". By the way, this job is due at 6am (IE one hour and 15 minutes from now). Yes, I told him that when I called him. So he's like "alright I'm on my way out there". That was at 3:20ish. HE IS STILL NOT HERE! OMG I am gonna seriously pass out from this much stress. So I paged him again about 20 minutes ago, and he starts giving me attitude about how "Well... I said I was on my way out there... I'm on my way". I didn't hear any road noise in the background. This is REALLY pissing me off! GRRRRRR!!!!!! I am gonna get in so much trouble in the morning. :(

quickdodgeŽ
06-13-2006, 04:44 AM
Goddamn (sorry Christians) (

Repost. Later, QD.

SixSquared
06-13-2006, 04:59 AM
Repost. Later, QD.

lol yeah I know... do you want me to do a copyright notation?

Also.... why you keep saying "Later, QD" when you changed your name? Shouldn't it be "Later, Stretch" now?

ironchef
06-13-2006, 06:23 AM
Wtf are you printing 35,000 pages for?

Flip
06-13-2006, 06:31 AM
I feel you on the bastard OC's heh. I have the same problem...

civic95
06-13-2006, 06:48 AM
This is why you need more than 1 printer. If your jobs are that important you have to have a back up in case 1 fails. Its not a matter of if, its a matter of when. Just like a car, one day it will break (probably at the least convenient time).

B16a2 Civic
06-13-2006, 07:38 AM
how long did you know you had to print all of this out?

4dmin
06-13-2006, 07:43 AM
35k pgs isn't shit... we have over 1 million in equipment in our check room we print 10+k each day... we are going through 1 toner cartridge every other day... 350$ a pop, that is over 60k in toner ;)

SixSquared
06-13-2006, 07:56 AM
yeah we have another black and white printer, but the problem is that once a proof is approved, policy says we CANNOT print it on another machine if the one the proof was approved on breaks. It's stupid, and 99.999% of people would NEVER notice the difference in the two machines. I know the differences because I know what to look for.

35,000 pages for the North Georgia United Methodist Conference which is in town. That's just a part of the job, too. The total page count on all of their jobs is just under 200,000.

We get the job once a year. Unfortunately our mass printer that we run it on is so old that I'm pretty sure some of the gears are carved from stone and held on with primitive rope. :(

babygurl
06-13-2006, 08:05 AM
did you get the job done?

4dmin
06-13-2006, 08:08 AM
yeah we have another black and white printer, but the problem is that once a proof is approved, policy says we CANNOT print it on another machine if the one the proof was approved on breaks. It's stupid, and 99.999% of people would NEVER notice the difference in the two machines. I know the differences because I know what to look for.

35,000 pages for the North Georgia United Methodist Conference which is in town. That's just a part of the job, too. The total page count on all of their jobs is just under 200,000.

We get the job once a year. Unfortunately our mass printer that we run it on is so old that I'm pretty sure some of the gears are carved from stone and held on with primitive rope. :(

i feel you we do our own w2/1099 each year... 10's of 1000s, for all of the doctors we pay :eek: shit sucks we are using a band printer that is older than me ;)

SixSquared
06-13-2006, 09:59 AM
did you get the job done?

YES! I AM THE CHAMPION OF THE FUCKING PRINTERS!

The tech FINALLY got out there at 5:30AM after I fucking called him at 3. He ripped the printer apart and put it back together and it worked.

Lol c'mon Laura... you should know I never leave something all hot and bothered and quivering for a finish... I dig in and get 'er done! ;)

b@d @pple
06-13-2006, 10:00 AM
i like lesbians