PDA

View Full Version : Misc new puppy

liquid_spec1
06-12-2006, 11:50 PM
hello
i just bought me a 11weeks old shelite! ill put some pictures later.
I need tips on how to potty train him thanks!!
tony

hondachick22
06-13-2006, 07:52 AM
the best way to do it is tuff love. when he goes show him pop him and put him out side. i have got a 7 week old pitt and that is working really good with him.

drupason
06-13-2006, 07:58 AM
Yea just try to catch him in the act and startle him and yell at him and pick him up and carry him where you want him to go and say gooo pottttty!

LongShot
07-31-2006, 02:06 PM
I know this is an older post but this may help others.

I started my dog out on news paper. After that its easy.

Its pretty simple. When they start to act like they are going to go or if they start. Say NO in a stern but not too frightening voice. Then pick up the pup and take it to where you want them to go. Then say ok (or something like) Then praise them for doing a good job. Following these step will lead to a quick potty trained dog. Though you may have to modify to the specific pup.

4dmin
07-31-2006, 03:29 PM
get pee pads they are the shit, put them next to your outside door and that will get them going to the door to go outside ;)

kittychick
07-31-2006, 03:46 PM
^^good one Paul!

The Golden Child
07-31-2006, 03:54 PM
beat the shit out of it till he learns to go outside ..

j.k.

dm1995
08-10-2006, 11:31 AM
i had a shletie when i was younger they are very nosisy and bark about everything so get earplugs. but the way we trained mine was making it a habbit to go out after he ate and then once in between and then he just started crying to go out and we would applaud him. they are great very loyal and hate being alone. my aunt still has one. they can also be very protective and dont know there size. but mine didnt like lilttle children so if you have kids be careful. other than that applaud him when it goes outside and rub his nose in it when he does it inside than spank him. tying him out side also works. we have a huge deeck so ussalyy mine would just go and chill outside. remember dogs dont really thin they learn on doing it over and over. so get him use to doing what you want him to do and theyll do it

A1EX
08-10-2006, 04:09 PM
whenever mine peed id grab him stick his face in the pee and smack the shit out of him a couple times he learned after 2 times of getting hit... now he walks to the door and barks when he has to go