PDA

View Full Version : what was that iloveboost thread?

1439/2000
06-12-2006, 10:39 AM
The one that he said he was beside ruiner on the highway and got a smirk.

So since then he thought he was a jerk. Then he pretty much called him out for a run on the highway and said he'd film it.

Wow. Has this happened? I saw the dyno numbers. :eek:

B16a2 Civic
06-12-2006, 10:40 AM
call out?

The Golden Child
06-12-2006, 10:43 AM
huh ..

B16a2 Civic
06-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Jay G!!?!?!?!@?

The Golden Child
06-12-2006, 10:46 AM
- . - zZz

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 10:48 AM
The one that he said he was beside ruiner on the highway and got a smirk.

So since then he thought he was a jerk. Then he pretty much called him out for a run on the highway and said he'd film it.

Wow. Has this happened? I saw the dyno numbers. :eek:

Trying to start stuff or something? As for giving a smirk, I have no idea what he is talking about. Apparently he saw me once and that was that...

I don't do "call outs" as it isn't worth it or my car in my eyes. That's something that kids do...

B16a2 Civic
06-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Trying to start stuff or something? As for giving a smirk, I have no idea what he is talking about. Apparently he saw me once and that was that...

I don't do "call outs" as it isn't worth it or my car in my eyes. That's something that kids do...

Ruiner is on his grown man status

PhAtBoYMr2
06-12-2006, 10:51 AM
if its that 600hp integra then theres really no point of ruiner risking it, that integra will own him on the highway

Vteckidd
06-12-2006, 12:19 PM
I dont remember ever reading or hearing about that. ILOVEBOOST would prob destroy Ruiners car, but hell, it makes over 200+whp.I think ruiners numbers are 415ish if i remember correctly. Its like my 240whp all motor car racing ruiner, he would KILL me, but, he makes 200whp more lol.

Now, Ruiners car is not a drag car, take it to the Road Course or the MTN an see who wins. Porsche FTW

besides, Its just a measly honda

Ran
06-12-2006, 12:21 PM
besides, Its just a measly hondaCareful there man. You just insulted about 98.5% of the members on IA.

Vteckidd
06-12-2006, 12:22 PM
I DRIVE A HONDA LOL.

Sarcasm, go look it up ;)

PhAtBoYMr2
06-12-2006, 12:23 PM
I dont remember ever reading or hearing about that. ILOVEBOOST would prob destroy Ruiners car, but hell, it makes over 200+whp.I think ruiners numbers are 415ish if i remember correctly. Its like my 240whp all motor car racing ruiner, he would KILL me, but, he makes 200whp more lol.

Now, Ruiners car is not a drag car, take it to the Road Course or the MTN an see who wins. Porsche FTW

besides, Its just a measly honda

Porsche > Honda

Im sure if ruiner wanted to spend a little more $$ on making his car faster he could walk any honda on this board.....I have vids of a 700-800hp porsche walking 1000hp vipers and turbo haybusas, crazy

B16a2 Civic
06-12-2006, 12:23 PM
SOMEONE SAY SOMETHIN ABOUT HONDAS :mad:

Vteckidd
06-12-2006, 12:24 PM
i just dont see how you can compare a Stock 130K super car that was designed for highway pulls, circuit track racing to someones 630whp built motor, monster turbo honda.

i mean, it would be a good race to see and i would feel happy if i had beat a porsche, but, i mean keep it in the context.

1439/2000
06-12-2006, 12:48 PM

No I'm not trying to start stuff. I remember the thread and I wondered if he raced you or not.

BABY J
06-12-2006, 12:56 PM
I passed RUNIER (EASILY) on the highway in my EG. All he saw was my tailights... b/c we were going diff directions and he was looking in the rear-view mirror. I pulled away pretty damned fast... he wasn't a threat at all.

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 01:00 PM
No I'm not trying to start stuff. I remember the thread and I wondered if he raced you or not.

People are barking up the wrong tree if they think that they are going to "call me out" for races. That's not my style. I have more to lose by getting busted racing than I would stand to gain by winning some street race...

BABY J
06-12-2006, 01:02 PM
^^ But would you take it to the track/dyno if you had the time?

1439/2000
06-12-2006, 01:05 PM
People are barking up the wrong tree if they think that they are going to "call me out" for races. That's not my style. I have more to lose by getting busted racing than I would stand to gain by winning some street race...

I understand.

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 01:11 PM
^^ But would you take it to the track/dyno if you had the time?

I took it to the track and ran a 12.2 @ 116.25mph with a stock ECU, stock boost, 93 pump gas, 19" HREs, and some mild exhaust work (I still have two out of the four cats in my car, so all I did was remove two cats). I'm basically bone stock. The exhaust gains were minimal given my wheels. The heavy, 19" wheels DID NOT help my times and easily cancelled out the gains from my exhaust. I drove it down there, ran low 12s on a hote, 88' day and then drove it home.

I can at least say that I have one of the fastest, stock cars on IA.com. I don't have the time to sit and invest in having one of the fastest "modded" cars on IA.com. I'm content... :)

BABY J
06-12-2006, 01:14 PM
^^ Very well said. I got 2 more projects left. 1 NA, and 1 boost and I am done. I'm gonna sell a coupla cars and then move on to other things. I will still have love for the scene (and I will def have at least 2 cars that you have to at least take seriously), but some things you gotta love from a distance and I will do that.

PhAtBoYMr2
06-12-2006, 01:17 PM
so ruiner when are you going to let me borrow the porsche for a weekend? it will come back to you fully detailed and a full tank of gas...

although there may be some cum stains on the leather, its all good will buff that out.

1439/2000
06-12-2006, 01:18 PM
I took it to the track and ran a 12.2 @ 116.25mph with a stock ECU, stock boost, 93 pump gas, 19" HREs, and some mild exhaust work (I still have two out of the four cats in my car, so all I did was remove two cats). I'm basically bone stock. The exhaust gains were minimal given my wheels. The heavy, 19" wheels DID NOT help my times and easily cancelled out the gains from my exhaust. I drove it down there, ran low 12s on a hote, 88' day and then drove it home.

I can at least say that I have one of the fastest, stock cars on IA.com. I don't have the time to sit and invest in having one of the fastest "modded" cars on IA.com. I'm content... :)

On another note, having the fastest stock car on IA also means having one of the most expensive cars too. Price to speed ratio is relative.

6000 dollar 11 sec 1g dsm is still faster than yours. But its a STILL a6000 dollar 1g dsm. lol

70000 Porsche runs low 12s. But its STILL 70000 dollars.

BABY J
06-12-2006, 01:19 PM
^^ Reliability? Curb appeal? Emissions? One of those cars is BEATING on it hard. The other is just cruising doing what it was DESIGNED to do.

1439/2000
06-12-2006, 01:24 PM
^^ Reliability? Curb appeal? Emissions? One of those cars is BEATING on it hard. The other is just cruising doing what it was DESIGNED to do.

Maybe you didnt understand my post.

I said it was RELATIVE. That means times dont mean shit if your car is ugly, your ugly car doesnt mean shit if it doesnt have good times.

IntegraXTR
06-12-2006, 01:28 PM
so what times/dyno does iloveboost have?

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 01:29 PM
On another note, having the fastest stock car on IA also means having one of the most expensive cars too. Price to speed ratio is relative.

6000 dollar 11 sec 1g dsm is still faster than yours. But its a STILL a6000 dollar 1g dsm. lol

Actually, it's closer to $130,000 for the Porsche turbo. You can buy a C6 Z06 for about half that and run a faster time.

You CANNOT try and figure out a price to speed ratio. It does not work like that. Just look at the 360 Modena. It runs about $155-170k, new, and is slower than my car and slower than the C6 Z06....shit, it's slower than the C5 Z06. Get my drift? There is more to $100k+ cars than just speed... MUCH more. Materials used, hand built, engineering, the name, this history, braking system, engine research, etc.

Let me say this one more time: There IS NOT a formula for speed/horsepower per dollar spent. It just doesn't get that way when you start getting into the exotic cars or sorts.

Vteckidd
06-12-2006, 01:30 PM
its the age old question:

you can have a 20K honda that makes 600whp an runs 10s, but at the end of the day its still a honda

you can have a 100K porsche thats stock, that runs 13s, but at the end of the day, its a Porsche.

bitches will hop in the porsche first before they hop into the integra lirl

Vteckidd
06-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Actually, it's closer to $130,000 for the Porsche turbo. You can buy a C6 Z06 for about half that and run a faster time.

You CANNOT try and figure out a price to speed ratio. It does not work like that. Just look at the 360 Modena. It runs about $155-170k, new, and is slower than my car and slower than the C6 Z06....shit, it's slower than the C5 Z06. Get my drift? There is more to $100k+ cars than just speed... MUCH more. Materials used, hand built, engineering, the name, this history, braking system, engine research, etc.

Let me say this one more time: There IS NOT a formula for speed/horsepower per dollar spent. It just doesn't get that way when you start getting into the exotic cars or sorts.
/thread

1439/2000
06-12-2006, 01:31 PM
its the age old question:

you can have a 20K honda that makes 600whp an runs 10s, but at the end of the day its still a honda

you can have a 100K porsche thats stock, that runs 13s, but at the end of the day, its a Porsche.

Thank you. It wasn't a real formula. You made the point that you have the fastest stock car on IA, and I made the point, its IA, who gives a shit?

BABY J
06-12-2006, 01:35 PM

Depends on what bitches you want... VARSITY bitches or some doctor bitch eating her lunch in the park. LOL.

BABY J
06-12-2006, 01:41 PM
The people that have came to my house wonder why I am driving Hondas/Acuras/Nissans. Personally I just LOVE driving "lower end" cars. NOT b/c they are lower end, but just b/c those are the cars that I liked. I liked them when I was a kid, and I own them now... I'm not gonna go buy a new BMW745 just b/c I "can". Who I am did not change when my salary did. Ask KEVINT707 what he saw in the parking garage when he came up to my work... and I whip in there w/ a Civic and get all kinda looks. They prolly think --> he must be the mail boy. LMAO!! I do NOT need to keep up w/ the Joneses as far as what I drive. When I am banging on my EG I know I am asking it to to EVERYTHING that it can do. I am literally PUSHING THE CAR to its limits at damn near 100% throttle position. In America w/ no autobahn it's the way to go. A 200mph car that you gotta drive at 30% throttle position just to keep from wrapping it around a light pole makes less sense to ME, but tossing thousands into a car w/ a book value of $1500 makes less sense to other people. It is all relative to what you want. Make yourself happy and not every1 else and you will always be in the game. There is simply NOT a supercar that I care to own. Outside of a Datsun 510 and a b13 SER (1991 - 1994) I have owned (and STILL OWN) ALL of my dream cars.

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Thank you. It wasn't a real formula. You made the point that you have the fastest stock car on IA, and I made the point, its IA, who gives a shit?

Thanks for your input...

PhAtBoYMr2
06-12-2006, 01:51 PM
ruiner lets trade cars....for a weekend man, just a weekend???

Mike Lowrey
06-12-2006, 01:53 PM

Your missing one important thing.....His porsche can actually handle very well.

A 1g DSM on the other hand can go one direction....straight. It will get pwned trying to run a road coarse.

I will take an all around car over one that goes straight any day of the week.....and like you said, it is still a 6k dsm.

1439/2000
06-12-2006, 01:58 PM
Your missing one important thing.....His porsche can actually handle very well.

A 1g DSM on the other hand can go one direction....straight. It will get pwned trying to run a road coarse.

I will take an all around car over one that goes straight any day of the week.....and like you said, it is still a 6k dsm.

Wow. Fucking brilliant. You missed the point by a mile.

You can find a car that handles well too AND is faster for less than 130k. My point was its relative.

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 02:02 PM

You can find a car that handles well too AND is faster for less than 130k. My point was its relative.

So what? So what if you can build or find one that performs better for less money? What does that prove? Relative to what? Performance? Shit, the C6 Z06 PERFORMS better than my car, yet the car's construction and materials leaves a lot to be desired. It won't hold up as well and most of the parts are cheap and poorly put together.

You have to blend luxury with speed with engineering with etc. If you just want performance, take a Geo metro, drop a V8 into it, and make it RWD. There, there's your speed in a straight line...

Vteckidd
06-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah, a Porsche is expensive because of several factors, like ruiner said.

Exotic
Heritage
Engineering
German lol
If it breaks, be prepared to take out a mortgage

Just like a ferrari, ive seen TONS of hondas take down 355s an 360s, but, a Honda doesnt have the heritage nor appeal of a ferrari. Super cars are Super cars for a reason.

BABY J
06-12-2006, 02:06 PM

Your focus on here is $$. If your pockets aren't nervous then who gives a shit about 130k? On the other token, if you just WANT a Porsche and it takes a year of Ramen noodles to get it, you are HAPPIER b/c you are DRIVING THE CAR THAT YOU WANT TO DRIVE!

Mike Lowrey
06-12-2006, 02:06 PM

Oh, I'm sorry....were you trying to make a point there? You failed.

And, you are too stupid to figure it out. Maybe, just maybe, he wanted to have a the car he owns. Even if it wasn't the fastest thing on the planet. Maybe he wanted the car for the overall package, the enjoyment he gets from driving THAT car.

Get out of highschool....People don't always buy cars to impress everyone else or to be the fastest on the street. SOME people may just buy what they enjoy....

I know crazy concept, but it happens [/sarcasm]

B16a2 Civic
06-12-2006, 02:07 PM
which car will gain value over the years?

BABY J
06-12-2006, 02:09 PM

Exotic
Heritage
Engineering
German lol

Just like a ferrari, ive seen TONS of hondas take down 355s an 360s, but, a Honda doesnt have the heritage nor appeal of a ferrari. Super cars are Super cars for a reason.

Very well said... but be careful how you word it... "appeal" is relative too. :) That's where it gets tricky, and is the reason why this debate even exists. A built Civic appeals to ME more than a Ferari... period. Put 2 of them in front of me and say "You can have either 1, but you can't ebay it just to get the $$ You must drive it everyday as your own." I personally, will pick the Civic. But to some1 else, the Ferrari may be more appealing.

Mike Lowrey
06-12-2006, 02:10 PM
My point was its relative.

Thats what people who can't afford something and are jealous about others have say when comparing their ride..... :D

Vteckidd
06-12-2006, 02:11 PM
theres more to cars that just speed.

Ruiner may have one of the fastest stock cars here, thats fine, who cares if it cost him 130K. Just like what happens if tomrrow i buy a stock C6 ZO6? ill have the fastest stock car. But i only paid 70K.

the point everyone is missing is PERSONAL PREFERENCE. there may be things i HATE about the porsche that Ruiner loves, vice versa with the vette. The performance of a car is measured in several aspects, just read any in depth car an driver or sport compact car mag. they do alot more than 1/4 mile testing.

and you cant compare an high priced German Super car to a Chevy. I mean, i love the new Vette, but it is not as expensive as a porsche for a reason

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 02:11 PM

Exotic
Heritage
Engineering
German lol

It's more than that, though. A car has a certain "feel" to it. It's hard to put into words, but they almost have their own souls of sorts. They were built from scratch and you pay the price. Think about the leather stitching on the seats/dash in a Porsche or Ferrari. The small attention to detail that is lacked by other companies. When you open my door, the window drops down just a hair so that the seal remains intact. I have a suede roof liner inside and my seat memory is recalled via my remote. I have hand-stitched seats. Think about the research and design that went into their engines, their braking system, their tranny, etc. The attention to detail costs money. The hand-built aspect isn't cheap, either. Every little thing is looked over multiple times.

Sure, the C6 Z06 is cheaper, but they also use the same-side rotors for the left and right side rather than make two different batches; one for the left and one for the right. They cut costs whereas Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini do not.

Vteckidd
06-12-2006, 02:13 PM
i agree 1000% i just didnt feel like typing that much.

I have seen the inside of a Ferrari and a Porsche like yours. you cant compare it to a Chevy, a NSX, etc. i agree with you, theres little things that make the cost go up. Ferrari gives you a whole set of italian leather luggage, taht shit dont come ina chevy :)

B16a2 Civic
06-12-2006, 02:15 PM

I have seen the inside of a Ferrari and a Porsche like yours. you cant compare it to a Chevy, a NSX, etc. i agree with you, theres little things that make the cost go up. Ferrari gives you a whole set of italian leather luggage, taht shit dont come ina chevy :)

dont the stock jacks come in an expensive leather case too?
and gloves

{X}Echo419
06-12-2006, 02:19 PM

there's no quantifing pu$$y pull factor. sure a Vette would attract the females but a Porsche,(even a damn Boxter) will make em' wet instantly. :2cents:

1439/2000
06-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Thats what people who can't afford something and are jealous about others have say when comparing their ride..... :D

Who the fuck are you? lol

I'm not jealous by ANY MEANS.

Saying you have the fastest stock car on import atlanta is just funny to me.

BABY J
06-12-2006, 02:23 PM
^^ He said he has ONE OF the fastest. And why is it funny? Is it not true? I do not say it (b/c it sounds stupid), but I have the most powerful N/A "PRIVATELY OWNED" QR25DE in the country. I do not say it, but it's true (to my knowledge). He was just making a statement.

IntegraXTR
06-12-2006, 02:26 PM

is there suck thing? lol

1439/2000
06-12-2006, 02:28 PM
^^ He said he has ONE OF the fastest. And why is it funny? Is it not true?

lol

GODDAMN. Nevermind.

BABY J
06-12-2006, 02:30 PM
^^ My bad bro. I wasn't tryna flame or NEthing (if you follow my posts on the forums you will know that flaming is not my style). I was just asking.

B16a2 Civic
06-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Jay G is overwhlemed

1439/2000
06-12-2006, 02:36 PM
^^ My bad bro. I wasn't tryna flame or NEthing (if you follow my posts on the forums you will know that flaming is not my style). I was just asking.

Why did I bring up the 1g dsm thing? That was over many peoples heads.

No shit the porsche looks better, and handles better. But if you goal is speed, there you go.

My point is saying you have one of the fastest stock cars on a forum full of Hondas, Nissan, whatever. What does that prove?

Thats like joining a Cavalier forum with an Evo and saying the same thing.

BABY J
06-12-2006, 02:43 PM
I follow you. NOW it makes sense.

{X}Echo419
06-12-2006, 03:44 PM

No shit the porsche looks better, and handles better. But if you goal is speed, there you go.

My point is saying you have one of the fastest stock cars on a forum full of Hondas, Nissan, whatever. What does that prove?

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Mike Lowrey
06-12-2006, 06:06 PM

Actually, you still don't get it do you?.....

He wasn't bragging, he mentioned that he has one of the fastest stock cars here and he was cool with that...i.e. doesn't need to prove shit to little kids....That is why he made the comment about not doing call-outs....

Ding...Ding...Ding....

Do we comprehend the topic now genius?

~taps fingers~

Don't worry you will figure it out someday.....

apex
06-12-2006, 08:32 PM
sounds like vteckidd wants to suck ruiner's penis...

Julio
06-12-2006, 08:38 PM

I wouldn't say that. Hes just know not to compare shit to vaseline. :goodjob:

1439/2000
06-12-2006, 09:16 PM
Actually, you still don't get it do you?.....

He wasn't bragging, he mentioned that he has one of the fastest stock cars here and he was cool with that...i.e. doesn't need to prove shit to little kids....That is why he made the comment about not doing call-outs....

Ding...Ding...Ding....

Do we comprehend the topic now genius?

~taps fingers~

Don't worry you will figure it out someday.....

Pop ruiners tit out of your mouth and think about the post you just made and my original post.

Fucking lame.

Mike Lowrey
06-13-2006, 06:48 AM
Pop ruiners tit out of your mouth and think about the post you just made and my original post.

Fucking lame.

hahaha....

Actually, pop your head out of your ass and join the real world... :goodjob:

Vteckidd
06-13-2006, 09:12 AM
nah its called having an intelligent conversation, try it someday assclown

B16a2 Civic
06-13-2006, 09:13 AM
this thread escaladed pretty quicklty

Ruiner
06-13-2006, 09:35 AM
this thread escaladed pretty quicklty

Well, considering all that 1439/2000 had to do was PM me for details, it seems rather obvious that he wanted to create drama by starting this thread.

After all, why get your answers in private when you can make a public spectacle and really create drama? :rolleyes:

Kids these days...

Black R
06-13-2006, 11:01 PM
It's more than that, though. A car has a certain "feel" to it. It's hard to put into words, but they almost have their own souls of sorts. They were built from scratch and you pay the price. Think about the leather stitching on the seats/dash in a Porsche or Ferrari. The small attention to detail that is lacked by other companies. When you open my door, the window drops down just a hair so that the seal remains intact. I have a suede roof liner inside and my seat memory is recalled via my remote. I have hand-stitched seats. Think about the research and design that went into their engines, their braking system, their tranny, etc. The attention to detail costs money. The hand-built aspect isn't cheap, either. Every little thing is looked over multiple times.

Sure, the C6 Z06 is cheaper, but they also use the same-side rotors for the left and right side rather than make two different batches; one for the left and one for the right. They cut costs whereas Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini do not.

I believe "gestalt" is the term you are referring to.....