PDA

View Full Version : So, I just spent 9hrs+ putting up 22 sets of blinds at my house...

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Holy shit, Home Depot raped me today. The lady who cut them for me looked like she was going to have a heart attack when I rolled up with two carts full. :lmfao:Who knew that blinds cost so much!?!! Someone is making a fortune off of these things. 22 windows adds up as quick as shit. Fuck, I have a lot of windows. You don't think that you have so many until you do an actual count. I spent just under 10hrs installing, trimming the lengths, measuring, drilling, screwing, etc putting them in. I'm tired as fuck, my arms hurt, and I don't wanna see another set of blinds for a while now. Now I can walk around my house naked...and so can my g/f. :eek:

So much for a lazy Sunday, huh? Then again, such are the joys of home-ownership. :bigok:

Stormhammer
06-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Dude you should have come to me - I work as an assistant manager to a blinds and shutters factory :D lol chances are if you got them custom made from a retailer, we made them ;) btw - if you got them from home depot... -pats your back-

RandomGuy
06-12-2006, 02:20 AM
doing it yourself was soooooooooooo 2 years ago... lol

Whenever manual labor is involved, i just go to buford highway... Reasonable $, you're helping someone out, get done in literally 1/10th the time (theyre efficient), skilled and can do the shit better than you, etc lol

The mofos moved EVERYTHING from my old house to my new house in 2 hours flat... (without assistance) I paid 'em like they worked all day since they did that shit in a jiffy... saved me time and them too.

SixSquared
06-12-2006, 04:15 AM
^^What Hassan said.... day laborers ftw. They're at my house all the damn time. Dad pays them to do shit he doesn't wanna do (yardwork, moving stuff, housework from time to time). Good times.

When I first read this I thought it said 22 hours putting up 9 blinds and I was about to ask how freakin big your damn blinds were

quickdodge®
06-12-2006, 04:33 AM
^^^ and ^^^^^. Why spend money on something that you can completely do yourself. That's just foolish spending. Later, QD.

SixSquared
06-12-2006, 05:08 AM
^^^ and ^^^^^. Why spend money on something that you can completely do yourself. That's just foolish spending. Later, QD.

busy schedule, time constraints, laziness... you name it

Bishop
06-12-2006, 05:59 AM
i have 5 windows lol

chrisdavis
06-12-2006, 07:45 AM
i have 5 windows lol

Must be nice. I have 18 :mad:

4dmin
06-12-2006, 07:51 AM
ya blinds suck but when they are up they stay up ;)

Nemesis
06-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Holy shit, Home Depot raped me today. The lady who cut them for me looked like she was going to have a heart attack when I rolled up with two carts full. :lmfao:Who knew that blinds cost so much!?!! Someone is making a fortune off of these things. 22 windows adds up as quick as shit. Fuck, I have a lot of windows. You don't think that you have so many until you do an actual count. I spent just under 10hrs installing, trimming the lengths, measuring, drilling, screwing, etc putting them in. I'm tired as fuck, my arms hurt, and I don't wanna see another set of blinds for a while now. Now I can walk around my house naked...and so can my g/f. :eek:

So much for a lazy Sunday, huh? Then again, such are the joys of home-ownership. :bigok:

Congrats on the house Brandon. How long have you been in an apartment, etc? I know youve been in one since Keswick right? You shoulda asked for some help man! Im sure some folks would have chipped in some time.

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 10:08 AM
Congrats on the house Brandon. How long have you been in an apartment, etc? I know youve been in one since Keswick right? You shoulda asked for some help man! Im sure some folks would have chipped in some time.

I've been in an apartment for a while. I just didn't want a house in all honesty. I didn't feel like having that type of commitment. Before then, I was moving jobs some, partying a lot, etc. Now, I finally decided that I need to settle down some (get married, etc).

Thanks for the offer on the help, but I enjoy doing stuff like this, so no worries at all. :) I'll just invite everyone over for a housewarming party or three...

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 10:10 AM
busy schedule, time constraints, laziness... you name it

Would you trust someone else to take the time and effort to do the job exactly like you would yourself? I know that I wouldn't.

If you want it done right, do it yourself.

The Golden Child
06-12-2006, 10:18 AM
daym id kill myself if it took me 9 hrs to put up blinds ..

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 10:20 AM
daym id kill myself if it took me 9 hrs to put up blinds ..

Well, I'm a perfectionist when it comes to doing work like that. When I work on my car, it has to be perfect. If I am working on my house, it has to be perfect. I won't accept anything less from myself. Some of the blinds had some "tweaking" to do, so that took up a good amount of time...

thinkfast®
06-12-2006, 10:25 AM
are there really grown men in here talking about blinds and window treatments??

~leaves~

The Golden Child
06-12-2006, 10:26 AM
hey front i know you be hanging them shades ..

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 10:29 AM

~leaves~

Unfortunately, yes. :( Fuck, I am getting old. I went outside yesterday and picked weeds! WEEDS! I mean, shit, what the fuck is wrong with me?!

The Golden Child
06-12-2006, 10:30 AM
them purps or midz ??

thinkfast®
06-12-2006, 10:31 AM
aaahaha..yo man I got them white hair weeds at my spot, I mean daaamn!! what is goin on

yo Ruiner, its all good man. I got a trip to IKEA comin up and I am soooo lookin forward to it! hahaha

The Golden Child
06-12-2006, 10:33 AM
IKEA is the shit ..
* wait *
* walks out room *

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 10:47 AM
aaahaha..yo man I got them white hair weeds at my spot, I mean daaamn!! what is goin on

yo Ruiner, its all good man. I got a trip to IKEA comin up and I am soooo lookin forward to it! hahaha

I'm looking forward to going BACK to Home Depot so that I can buy more shit! WTF? I want tools and such...power, noise, etc. I have issues...seriously.

The Golden Child
06-12-2006, 10:49 AM
tools are recommended in life ..

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 01:12 PM
tools are recommended in life ..

Especially power tools than can drill and saw through shit...

The Golden Child
06-12-2006, 01:19 PM
usually the hammer does its job ..
it breaks alot of things ..

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 02:59 PM
usually the hammer does its job ..
it breaks alot of things ..

Nail guns are also fun....................for shooting small animals in your backyard... ;)

Rican219
06-12-2006, 03:21 PM
When I don't wear My SHeets at night I hang them up to cover my windows!

WHITEPOWER!

thinkfast®
06-12-2006, 03:30 PM
I dont get it

Hulud
06-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Must be nice. I have 18 :mad:
i have 2

quickdodge®
06-12-2006, 04:00 PM
Would you trust someone else to take the time and effort to do the job exactly like you would yourself? I know that I wouldn't.

Exactly. Fuck letting someone else that isn't a professional come in and do that shit. Especially if I can myself. You shouldn't be too lazy to want to fix your own house up. And you can make time. Later, QD.

Jimmy B
06-12-2006, 09:47 PM
welcom to the world of home improvement brandon.... it sux, but its fun... and you know you are making $$ at the same time down the road..

i love doing stuff to my house, cuttign the grass, yardwork... etc.. cleaning, painting... its MY house.. adn im going to get enjoyment out it it eventually...

wantboost
06-12-2006, 10:25 PM

~leaves~
hahahahahahahahaha :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Ruiner
06-12-2006, 10:37 PM
welcom to the world of home improvement brandon.... it sux, but its fun... and you know you are making $$ at the same time down the road..

i love doing stuff to my house, cuttign the grass, yardwork... etc.. cleaning, painting... its MY house.. adn im going to get enjoyment out it it eventually...

I look at it this way: I spend COUNTLESS hours modding my car. I do the plugs, the exhaust, suspension, brakes, etc and constantly tweak these items without any real gain in equity. I can transfer that love for working with my hands to my house. If I put that type of energy into my house, there is no limit to what I can do. :)

Jimmy B
06-12-2006, 11:19 PM
I look at it this way: I spend COUNTLESS hours modding my car. I do the plugs, the exhaust, suspension, brakes, etc and constantly tweak these items without any real gain in equity. I can transfer that love for working with my hands to my house. If I put that type of energy into my house, there is no limit to what I can do. :)

YEP!!! you got that right.. instead of spending mone on stuff and not getting anything back, with a house, its the oppsite..

finshing my basement, some yard upgrades, kitchen, and bathroom renovations and i will be gaining about 50% equitiy in my house.. ina year and a half, its already gained 20% so far.. home ownership is great..

SixSquared
06-13-2006, 05:35 AM

I have not a clue about housework stuff... well... take it back... I know more than most girls, but none of my skills are really "honed" as it were. Chances are day laborers can get it done better and quicker than I could. As for my dad, he's gettin old and he doesn't like working on the house alone. He'll invite some friends over and stuff, and they do work, but during the school year (he's a school admin), he just doesn't have the time/energy

Ruiner
06-13-2006, 08:36 AM
I have not a clue about housework stuff... well... take it back... I know more than most girls, but none of my skills are really "honed" as it were. Chances are day laborers can get it done better and quicker than I could. As for my dad, he's gettin old and he doesn't like working on the house alone. He'll invite some friends over and stuff, and they do work, but during the school year (he's a school admin), he just doesn't have the time/energy

Fair enough... You convinced me. :)