PDA

View Full Version : black on black yo!

CHADbee
06-11-2006, 08:31 PM
yes i went ahead and did it. toke about 12 hrs to sand off the factory clearcoat, paint, dry, paint, dry, clearcoat, dry and clearcoat but i got it done. also added is a fiber images hood. a friend had his SRT-4 backed into so when he got his insurance money instead of buying a hood from dodge($980 dollars!!!) he bought mine for 500 and i got this :D anyways here's some pics.

CHADbee
06-11-2006, 09:02 PM
more pics are in the car pics section but there's an EVO and S2000 with me

2.0civic
06-11-2006, 09:16 PM
did you paint the car or the rims?? im confused

CHADbee
06-11-2006, 09:28 PM
did you paint the car or the rims?? im confused
LOL...the rims. the rims come with a clearcoat from the factory and if u want the paint to stick u gotta sand the clear off them first. i used paint that is made for rims, its a flat matillic black and then i used a clearcoat also.

2.0civic
06-11-2006, 09:31 PM
thats what i thought. lol, i was going to say...nice look though. turned out nice.

CHADbee
06-11-2006, 09:49 PM
thats what i thought. lol, i was going to say...nice look though. turned out nice.
yeah i was kinda scared to do it. did'nt want it to look ghetto but it did come out pretty well i think. look even better once my nightshades i ordered gets here so my tailights and side markers are tinted...gansta

Repost Squintz
06-11-2006, 10:29 PM
they look good; but have you thought about doing this? painting the inside of spoke red, so like the face of the rim is black and then the spokes around the lip are red. thatd look hot; wish i had photoshop to show u what i mean...

CHADbee
06-11-2006, 10:42 PM
they look good; but have you thought about doing this? painting the inside of spoke red, so like the face of the rim is black and then the spokes around the lip are red. thatd look hot; wish i had photoshop to show u what i mean...
yeah i thought about doing something like that...painting the outside lip around the tire red but i went all black.

purplehazing
06-11-2006, 10:47 PM
or u can find red side markers for ur shit looks good anyways

CHADbee
06-11-2006, 11:11 PM
or u can find red side markers for ur shit looks good anyways
i ordered nighshades so i'm gonna tint the side markers and tint part of the tailights...and nice to meet u today man :goodjob:

Nitro
06-12-2006, 07:56 AM
yeah i was kinda scared to do it. did'nt want it to look ghetto but it did come out pretty well i think. look even better once my nightshades i ordered gets here so my tailights and side markers are tinted...gansta

looks good bro............

blackboi50
06-12-2006, 09:44 AM
looks good bro............

:stupid:...............1

Nomad!
06-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Looks good!:goodjob:

Kryptonite
06-13-2006, 03:28 AM
yeah i thought about doing something like that...painting the outside lip around the tire red but i went all black.
Lookin good bro! So is red in gonna be in the scheme? If not id run solid onthe wheels , and if you went with just the red around where the tire goes that would kinda be like a ghetto copy of some old school impacts. I think he ment red in the spokes.. :confused: ... Grats on luckin up with the hood aslo :goodjob:

CHADbee
06-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Lookin good bro! So is red in gonna be in the scheme? If not id run solid onthe wheels , and if you went with just the red around where the tire goes that would kinda be like a ghetto copy of some old school impacts. I think he ment red in the spokes.. :confused: ... Grats on luckin up with the hood aslo :goodjob:
yeah i plan on keeping red in the color scheme, red sticker for the crew, red calipers and i'm gonna keep the red/clear circle on the taillights but tint the rest. i'm gonna stay with the all black rims though...i like it. makes it look so damn evil. yeah i lucked up on that hood :D hell last varsity meet i was out there with no hood on my car cause the hoods have been on back order but it came in about a week ago.

GTScoob
06-13-2006, 10:39 AM
Do the Neon guys ever pull their headlights apart to paint the insides of them? I think your car would look great with some painted headlights, darker tint, and tinted taillights.

Black on black looks mean as hell! The drop looks great too.

CHADbee
06-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Do the Neon guys ever pull their headlights apart to paint the insides of them? I think your car would look great with some painted headlights, darker tint, and tinted taillights.

uh i have'nt seen the headlight thing done but u see the tailights tinted on alot of SRT's...i think it'll look real good once i get rid of thoose damn orange sidemarkers. u got my number... hit me up saterday and u can meet up with everybody for the modhouse show.

Kryptonite
06-14-2006, 03:21 AM

yea some of us know about the headlight trick, just trying to think of a few other things to incorperate to make them " Different ". So you should see em done some time soon. Already done on a Galant that rolls with us, ill probably get him to do mine when i decide what else to do to make them a lil more original. Btw- Good ideas for the black on black scheme :goodjob:

Sammich
06-14-2006, 10:06 AM
came out good

Keebs ð¿ð
06-17-2006, 12:16 PM
Black on Black is the way to go. Looks good dude. I think I talked to you at the last varsity meet, I was the SRT with the viper in tinted in the tail lights

purplehazing
06-18-2006, 02:02 AM
hey whats up keebler this is rome with the purple neon shit any ways tell tyler he needs tohit me up my cell is back on aye chad be this car is ur ars twin minus the big ass fmic and the viper tails but yee men keebler is good peeps

SpoolBus
06-18-2006, 01:06 PM
Looks great man..told you..you could do it....and BTW yes they do sell SRT4 headlights with the black insides and with or without projectors.... :2cents:

Keebs ð¿ð
06-18-2006, 03:11 PM
hey whats up keebler this is rome with the purple neon shit any ways tell tyler he needs tohit me up my cell is back on aye chad be this car is ur ars twin minus the big ass fmic and the viper tails but yee men keebler is good peeps

Hey Rome, ya I won't see Tyler until tomorrow. Hey my car is forsale. I hate to get rid of it but I have somethings come up and decided it would be best to let someone else have some fun with it. Check it out in the forsale forum

CHADbee
06-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Black on Black is the way to go. Looks good dude. I think I talked to you at the last varsity meet, I was the SRT with the viper in tinted in the tail lights
yeah man...i remmeber, seeing urs was what made so go ahead and paint the rims. like i told u at the V, i was'nt sure if it would be too much black but when i saw ur black on black srt i went "daaaamn that shit looks evil" :goodjob:

MegatronRS
08-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Pimp shit chad!

Ericp
09-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Hey aren't you up at Stockbridge on fridays or saturdays?