PDA

View Full Version : Need some SERIOUS HELP!!!

Game2954
06-10-2006, 03:07 PM
Hey folks this is my current setup:
Engine
1998 B18B Block (50,000 miles)
-balanced and machined bottom
-Crower Piston Rods
-Arp Rod Bolts
-8 lb Flywheel
-polished crank
-Greddy 4-2-1 Headers
-Golden Eagle LS/VTEC Conversion Kit
2000 B16A2 Head (48,000 mles)
-SI Pistons
-Skunk 2 Cam Gears
-STR Competition Fuel Rail
-LS Intake Manifold
-AEM CAI (Painted black)
-Chipped (Skunk2) OBD I Integra GSR ECU
-Walbro 255 lph fuel pump (intank)
-Tanabe Catback Exhaust
-Stock Civic SI Strut bar
-Stock Injectors
Transmission
2000 Honda Civic SI Transmission (38,000 miles)
-Exedy Stage 2 Clutch
-BM Shortshifter

Unfortunately it seems that the block is burning oil and might have to be resleeved. My question is should I resleeve or get another block?? If another block should I get another B18B or a B20??? Seeing that I am not in the ATL, I am in North Carolina, prices might be different.. I was quoted $2000 to sleeve the bottom. Which would be cheaper and which would be better. I am not looking to keep the car more than 6 months (Saving for a Si Sedan) I am going to keep the head not matter what and I am not going to do a complete swap. Needs some help ASAP!!!

IntegraXTR
06-10-2006, 03:17 PM
hmm, was the conversion done correctly? did you use the golden eagle ls/vtec conversion kit or piece it together yourself? blown piston rings?

Game2954
06-10-2006, 03:25 PM
GE conversion...My ECU came out of a turbo'd GSR tho.... I bent a valve a months back, and I was told that the block had "Too many miles" on it. I told the guy the block has less miles than the car itself.. then he told "Oh, well something is burning the oil"

Game2954
06-10-2006, 03:26 PM
I guess what it boils down to I want to avoid spending 2 grand...

SLow_POke
06-11-2006, 01:07 AM
well if your burning oil theres 2 possible places rings;can be determined with a CLT. and or valve sseal/guides . also why did they say u might have to resleve it . >???? did u crack a sleeve ??

as far as b20 or ls bottom i would stick to an ls bottom IMO.

1civic
06-11-2006, 03:20 AM
well if your burning oil theres 2 possible places rings;can be determined with a CLT. and or valve sseal/guides . also why did they say u might have to resleve it . >???? did u crack a sleeve ??

as far as b20 or ls bottom i would stick to an ls bottom IMO.

Very true... A leak down test will give you the Info you need.... :goodjob:
Thats the starting point... The only way it would need to be sleeved is if you cracked a sleeve or its Over Bored already... When The Leak down is done and you find its in the rings then You let a Machine Shop deside what to do...They will Give you a Good Recomondation... ;) .. If you find your leak is in the Head then its the same deal...(Machine Shop).. If you need help just post up...Someone is always willing to help on the Boards... :D

Game2954
06-11-2006, 03:25 AM
Thanks as always IA. at least I have a place to start!! :)