PDA

View Full Version : How To Shave Side Molding on TEG

Azn-Boost
06-09-2006, 04:16 PM
how do i do this the right way??? do i use plastic filler or wat??? need some advice thanks

1civic
06-09-2006, 06:11 PM
What year Integra ?... The right way is to Add metal... Then a little Body filler(Bondo) If needed... The older Teg I done with a Strip of metal... The newer ones are a Little tricky...Need to Fill every Hole, Small Square Holes..lol.. If done right it would look stock and whould not crack over time.. Unlike just filling it with Fiberglass, KittyHair, Or Bondo, Thats BootLeg...lol..
Thats Just my :2cents: ... :D

Azn-Boost
06-09-2006, 06:26 PM
i have an 95 teg.... so i can put bondo on each hole?????

NAIZBST
06-09-2006, 06:28 PM

no, weld metal squares and then fill in from there

1civic
06-09-2006, 06:30 PM

NO!!!!!! I was saing not to do that... You have to Plug each Hole..With Metal not Bondo...lol... Its Tricky for sure... :goodjob:

i4_garage
06-09-2006, 06:34 PM
just bring it to a body shop nearest u and let them do it....hihi...get it primed and u can get it painted ...welkding the holes up and bondoing is a sure way not to get cracks....Rutroe had his done right ...

speedminded
06-09-2006, 06:37 PM
NO!!!!!! I was saing not to do that... You have to Plug each Hole..With Metal not Bondo...lol... Its Tricky for sure... :goodjob:You do it from the inside, but you have to be careful on how you tack it to the skin...spot welding too hot and it will expand & contract and the door skin will be all wavy as hell.

1civic
06-09-2006, 06:41 PM
You do it from the inside, but you have to be careful on how you tack it to the skin...spot welding too hot and it will expand & contract and the door skin will be all wavy as hell.

I was saing this But I did not say Exactly from the Inside or not...lol.. Its not easy thats for sure.. If done Right you will have Little to no Body filler and A Nice Stright Door... ;)

speedminded
06-09-2006, 06:49 PM
I was saing this But I did not say Exactly from the Inside or not...lol.. Its not easy thats for sure.. If done Right you will have Little to no Body filler and A Nice Stright Door... ;)You can go either way, depends what you're most comfortable doing...

Azn-Boost
06-10-2006, 10:39 AM
oh.....i was just planning to do this myself but if i gotta get each hole welded then... DAMN!!!!... thanks for the help guys

Azn-Boost
06-10-2006, 10:42 AM
who did yours????? how much u pay?

You can go either way, depends what you're most comfortable doing...

speedminded
06-10-2006, 11:27 AM
oh.....i was just planning to do this myself but if i gotta get each hole welded then... DAMN!!!!... thanks for the help guysI think it's only 7 holes on each side...not as hard as you think.

Tri-County Collision in Gainesville did my paint and body work, it's expensive but they do great work...they do all of our racecars too.

KA98S10
06-11-2006, 01:00 AM
speedminded looks nice as hell!! makes my integra look like poop