PDA

View Full Version : Updated traffic gripe

Chris Mazda
06-09-2006, 11:29 AM
When a traffic light is fully off with no lights on then the intersection becomes a four way stop when the yellow lights are FLASHING in one road and red is FLASHING on the other intersection then it becomes only a two way stop with the sides of the road with flashing yellow give caution as the come through the intersection. Recently I have found people think it is a four way stop when its flashing and a free for all when the light is off.

Ran
06-09-2006, 11:31 AM
We had a power-outaged yesterday here on Alpharetta Hwy and people worked around it just fine. Lights were off and people were still treating it as a four-way stop like you're supposed too.

kelly marie
06-09-2006, 11:33 AM
hahahhah yessssssss i hate when people stop when its flashing on a main road... they need to re-read their driving manuals..

Wurm
06-09-2006, 12:47 PM
lol

civic95
06-09-2006, 12:58 PM
(Yellow Flashing) Proceed w/ caution

(Red Flashing) Stop, first one to stop can proceed.

People that stop at a yellow flashing piss me off. As do the idiots that have the red, but blow their horn at the ones that have the yellow that don't stop

B16a2 Civic
06-09-2006, 12:59 PM
LIRL@ free for all

swiftblaze
06-09-2006, 01:20 PM
LOL! What I hate is the freaking entrances to the Mall Of GA and NorthPoint Mall. You do NOT have a stop sign while entering. The traffic already on the little road going around the mall does have a stop sign. There is even a small sign below it that says incoming traffic has the RIGHT OF WAY. However, every time I turn into those fucking entrances someone pulls out in front of me and looks at me like I'm crazy. I've gotten to the point where I don't stop until I'm an inch away from their door. Heh, one lady started grabbing her chest and hyperventilating after I just cut her off and shot in front of her. People need to fucking learn to read. If you need glasses, wear the damn things and pay attention. Street signs are not there for pure amusement.

Oh, and the power out at intersections is another fun issue. Mall of GA lost power once while I lived out that way, and I pulled up to the intersection and stopped. The intersection was completely dark. Noone was immediately coming so I went ahead and started through the intersection. Sure enough, I hear this horn blaring and this dumb bitch in a GMC Yukon is coming at me at about 60 MPH. She swerves off the road, jumps the curb, pops all four tires and breaks an axle, then slides to a stop in the grass. She jumps out and runs to me yelling at me for going through it. I was like WTF!?!?!? Did you not realize the intersection was dark? She looked up with a blank look on her face and goes "wow, the power is out".. Some people are just fucking stupid when it comes to driving.

swiftblaze
06-09-2006, 01:22 PM
LIRL@ free for all

Pretty much. I get sick of keeping an eye out so I can dodge all the idiots out there.