PDA

View Full Version : Chill n Soccer today?

soul
06-09-2006, 10:08 AM
anyone wanna chill, drink some beer and watch some World cup today?

HyPer50
06-09-2006, 10:09 AM
Why are there never any posts like this during REAL football season? lol...

Ran
06-09-2006, 10:10 AM
What's World Cup?

4dmin
06-09-2006, 10:14 AM

b/c the world cup is the greatest international game ever played... its cooler then the olympics!!!

Ran
06-09-2006, 10:15 AM
b/c the world cup is the greatest international game ever played... its cooler then the olympics!!!I dunno man, the Olympics are pretty cool. Almost as cool as Space Shuttle Launches.

HyPer50
06-09-2006, 10:15 AM
b/c the world cup is the greatest international game ever played... its cooler then the olympics!!!

the olympics are still cool? lmao, i dont think i watched a single event during the last olympics... if that says anything = P

4dmin
06-09-2006, 10:16 AM
sucks i'm at work... getting ready to jet home to watch the start of the game on the big screen for lunch

Sport1.3
06-09-2006, 10:16 AM
http://bsthebook.com/images/store/mug_america.jpg
WORLD CUP????WTF IS THAT???

Romeyo07
06-09-2006, 10:18 AM
where we chillin' at?

incawarrior
06-09-2006, 10:52 AM
I'm chilling at my crib watching this shiznit right now..

UNIVISION FTW!!!!

Romeyo07
06-09-2006, 10:58 AM
I don't care much for the beginning festivities

ALVIN
06-09-2006, 11:18 AM
62" HiDeff. TV FTW MOFUGGAS! lol Dumb sons of bitches lol.

ALVIN
06-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Hey jed where you chillin at?

Dave
06-09-2006, 01:11 PM

because real football is played with your feet!!! FOOT-BALL

and the only country that cares for amercian football (nfl) is the united states. go to the rest of the world (asia,africa europe and centra/south america) and you'll see nothing bot futbol (soccer as you guys mistakenly call it).

Dave
06-09-2006, 01:12 PM
I'm going to watch all the games at my house and the ones during the week i already scheduled 2 hour lunch brakes.. .(hitting local mexican restaurants).

WORLD CUP rules...

www.fifaworldcup.com

~The_Duke~
06-09-2006, 03:21 PM
You uncultured hethans dont know what the world cup is...that is funny...

quickdodgeŽ
06-09-2006, 03:22 PM

Hmmmm. I don't know if I should say it. Later, QD.

~The_Duke~
06-09-2006, 03:23 PM
Soccer was called football before the US even started playing what we know as football...

HyPer50
06-09-2006, 03:23 PM
because real football is played with your feet!!! FOOT-BALL

and the only country that cares for amercian football (nfl) is the united states. go to the rest of the world (asia,africa europe and centra/south america) and you'll see nothing bot futbol (soccer as you guys mistakenly call it).

Thats why (well... one of the many MANY reasons) I dont go to other countries, I'll stick to the NFL ha. I've been watching this soo called "football" today and damn it is just confusing... all these "offside" penalties" and bollicks and stuff... *shrug*

HyPer50
06-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Hmmmm. I don't know if I should say it. Later, QD.

Ya shouldn't. I know what I said was an oxymoron basically, but oh well. Real football is american football in my mind = P I know in 99% of the world soccer is the real football, but hey.. I'm in GA... here it's soccer lol.

~The_Duke~
06-09-2006, 03:24 PM
Thats why (well... one of the many MANY reasons) I dont go to other countries, I'll stick to the NFL ha. I've been watching this soo called "football" today and damn it is just confusing... all these "offside" penalties" and bollicks and stuff... *shrug*

:lmao: NFL games usually more penlties than a soccer game does...

4dmin
06-09-2006, 03:46 PM
god damit Ecuador won!!!! grrrr fuckers!!! :2up: dayum Polaks can't play!!!

~The_Duke~
06-09-2006, 03:47 PM
god damit Ecuador won!!!! grrrr fuckers!!! :2up: dayum Polaks can't play!!!

Who were they playing? The last time I saw Ecuador play it was a couple yrs back and they beat us 3 - 1.

4dmin
06-09-2006, 03:48 PM
poland

ironchef
06-09-2006, 03:48 PM
:lmao: NFL games usually more penlties than a soccer game does...Yea they do, ontop of the fact theres almost as many refs are there are players, and so many stoppages to the game and all this other dumb shit. "Omg lets look at the replay 60000 times to see if his hand was over the line or not". Soccer is bitchin, football (should be called handball imo) is boring as hell.

~The_Duke~
06-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Yea they do, ontop of the fact theres almost as many refs are there are players, and so many stoppages to the game and all this other dumb shit. "Omg lets look at the replay 60000 times to see if his hand was over the line or not". Soccer is bitchin, football (should be called handball imo) is boring as hell.

I think the only thing I like about NFL is watching dudes get leveled...but that is about it. Soccer is alot more fun to watch...and going to a game in person is just fucking awsome...

Soccer fans are the craziest people on the planet...

~The_Duke~
06-09-2006, 03:50 PM
poland

Poland never does very good in the world cup...

HyPer50
06-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Yea they do, ontop of the fact theres almost as many refs are there are players, and so many stoppages to the game and all this other dumb shit. "Omg lets look at the replay 60000 times to see if his hand was over the line or not". Soccer is bitchin, football (should be called handball imo) is boring as hell.

*revokes your US citizenship*

~The_Duke~
06-09-2006, 03:55 PM
*revokes your US citizenship*

I have to tell you the truth I hate most 'american' sports like football, baseball, and basketball...

HyPer50
06-09-2006, 03:59 PM
I have to tell you the truth I hate most 'american' sports like football, baseball, and basketball...

baseball and basketball are forgivable.. but not football.

ironchef
06-09-2006, 04:00 PM
I have to tell you the truth I hate most 'american' sports like football, baseball, and basketball...Basketball is fine in my book, atleast people have to be athletic to play those. But baseball and football? Come on now, seriously.

4dmin
06-09-2006, 07:10 PM
baseball and basketball are forgivable.. but not football.

nfl = gay

rugby and soccer FTW

HyPer50
06-09-2006, 07:13 PM
nfl = gay

rugby and soccer FTW

Hey, doesn't matter if ya like NFL, college or what not, but football as a sport is great = P

Watching soccer today, it was alright... seemed kinda confusing tho, didn't understand why they kept going back and forth so much tho... germans took the ball from 3/4 of the way across the field, back to there goalie, then started back... i guess so they could get reset/strategized, just seemed like a waste of time/energy to me.. *shrug* I still wish I knew how the hell soccer players can use there head like that, my neck kills me if I even attempt a move like that lmao.

~The_Duke~
06-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Hey, doesn't matter if ya like NFL, college or what not, but football as a sport is great = P

Watching soccer today, it was alright... seemed kinda confusing tho, didn't understand why they kept going back and forth so much tho... germans took the ball from 3/4 of the way across the field, back to there goalie, then started back... i guess so they could get reset/strategized, just seemed like a waste of time/energy to me.. *shrug* I still wish I knew how the hell soccer players can use there head like that, my neck kills me if I even attempt a move like that lmao.

I didnt actually watch the game, but I have a feeling that the germans were in the lead and were trying to take time off the clock...and it surpising easy to do stuff like that, but it is hard as hell to aim the ball with your head...

4dmin
06-09-2006, 07:47 PM

na i like college football, but other then that its a pretty lame sport... too many pads too many rules... rugby FTW

well the back and forth is all setting up your team to score... i grew up playing hockey/soccer so thats all i'm really into

~The_Duke~
06-09-2006, 07:49 PM
Hockey is a blast to watch...I used to play street hockey when I was younger...

HyPer50
06-09-2006, 09:57 PM
na i like college football, but other then that its a pretty lame sport... too many pads too many rules... rugby FTW

well the back and forth is all setting up your team to score... i grew up playing hockey/soccer so thats all i'm really into

Well, the pads are kinda neccesary with that kind of contact and that big of guys lmao. I mean, sure they could leave the pads off, but then there'd be a bunch of dead football players lol. Dead highly paid football players at that ha.

4dmin
06-09-2006, 10:31 PM
Well, the pads are kinda neccesary with that kind of contact and that big of guys lmao. I mean, sure they could leave the pads off, but then there'd be a bunch of dead football players lol. Dead highly paid football players at that ha.

lol pussys ever seen pro rugby? pads are for pussys

http://www2.raisport.rai.it/news/sport/rugby/200204/08/3cb1d24504727/rugby1.jpg

HyPer50
06-09-2006, 10:38 PM
lol pussys ever seen pro rugby? pads are for pussys

http://www2.raisport.rai.it/news/sport/rugby/200204/08/3cb1d24504727/rugby1.jpg

Ya, but rugby players aren't nearly as big as alot of the football players out there and aren't taking AS serious of hits lol. I'll admit, I enjoy watchin' Rugby whenever I"m lucky enough to be at a house that has satallite... but yet again, it's another one of those sports where the rules are a mystery to me... haha

ironchef
06-10-2006, 08:31 AM
Ya, but rugby players aren't nearly as big as alot of the football players out there and aren't taking AS serious of hits lol. I'll admit, I enjoy watchin' Rugby whenever I"m lucky enough to be at a house that has satallite... but yet again, it's another one of those sports where the rules are a mystery to me... hahaYou must have some weird vision, cause rugby players are fucking huge. And the hits they take make the nfl look like a bunch of babies licking on lollipops.

HyPer50
06-10-2006, 10:59 AM
You must have some weird vision, cause rugby players are fucking huge. And the hits they take make the nfl look like a bunch of babies licking on lollipops.
nuff said
http://www.seahawks.com/ConPics/Con2889/HamlinHawk0908.jpg

soul
06-10-2006, 11:02 AM
mild rugby tackle, pile drive feels good with no pads

http://images.supersport.co.za/HabanaTacklesSANZ105.jpg

HyPer50
06-10-2006, 11:05 AM
mild rugby tackle, pile drive feels good with no pads

http://images.supersport.co.za/HabanaTacklesSANZ105.jpg

lol, I'm not takin' anything away from rugby, it's a tough sport too lol. Just hate when people call american football a sissy sport cause of the pads, there are still brutal hits.

soul
06-10-2006, 11:06 AM
ya, but the pads protect you alot, and i mean alot. Ive played HS football, and they really do a huge fucking difference.

Pads are for pussies

http://www.uglyfootballers.com/content/images/rogues/injuries/images/injury01.jpg

HyPer50
06-10-2006, 11:28 AM
ya, but the pads protect you alot, and i mean alot. Ive played HS football, and they really do a huge fucking difference.

Pads are for pussies

http://www.uglyfootballers.com/content/images/rogues/injuries/images/injury01.jpg

Maybe... But like I said earlier, the pads are neccesary with the type of hits and the size of the guys. Otherwise there'd be alot more deaths in the sport. Don't need Michael Vick with his $110 million contract getting paralyzed or killed for a game lol.

soul
06-10-2006, 11:37 AM
well with the way he plays he doesnt need that fucking money anyways

HyPer50
06-10-2006, 11:43 AM
well with the way he plays he doesnt need that fucking money anyways

blasphemy lmao, not only are you unamerican, your unatlantan also = P

4dmin
06-10-2006, 11:49 AM
sorry i think american football is weak... they play for like 30 sec, take a break over and over again; then they are wearing pads too, thats lame.

rugby/soccer almost no stopage game going and the players don't sub out really either they just play the whole game thats a true athlete.... i would love to see american football players have to play full 1/4 non stop. :lmfao:

the problem w/ american sports, football, baseball, basketball... too much $ involved w/ their players.... they don't play w/ heart and they worry more about protecting their 100+ million dollar contracts ;) and each of these sports are so slow as far as game play, start/stop, lots of subing... to me they are more show built roid players who can only play for couple mins w/o stopage time. pro sports here are lame. thats why college sports are better.

soul
06-10-2006, 12:06 PM
admin FTW

HyPer50
06-10-2006, 12:12 PM
sorry i think american football is weak... they play for like 30 sec, take a break over and over again; then they are wearing pads too, thats lame.

rugby/soccer almost no stopage game going and the players don't sub out really either they just play the whole game thats a true athlete.... i would love to see american football players have to play full 1/4 non stop. :lmfao:

the problem w/ american sports, football, baseball, basketball... too much $ involved w/ their players.... they don't play w/ heart and they worry more about protecting their 100+ million dollar contracts ;) and each of these sports are so slow as far as game play, start/stop, lots of subing... to me they are more show built roid players who can only play for couple mins w/o stopage time. pro sports here are lame. thats why college sports are better.

I'll agree with you on the fact that they are overpaid lol. But once the bar has been set, it's kinda hard to go back to the way it used to be where players were paid average american salaries. Being able to play the sport you love and to be as famous as they are should be enough incentive, but it's too late to go back. I'll still always love football tho heh.

But on a side note, aren't alot of the top soccer players paid extreme amounts also? I think David Beckham is paid like $30+ mill a year. Ya, I'll agree soccer is a much more physically demanding sport (one reason I never played it lmao) but I dont think the slower pace (not running around for 2 hours straight) is that big of a deal. It's still got action and excitement, especially in NCAA football.

HyPer50
06-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Can one of you soccer fans explain there version of offsides to me? Is it where the attackers are past the last defender (not the goalie) or what?

soul
06-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Can one of you soccer fans explain there version of offsides to me? Is it where the attackers are past the last defender (not the goalie) or what?
Any player on the opposing team past the last defender when the ball is played, thats if he is involved in the play.

quickdodgeŽ
06-10-2006, 03:30 PM
lol, I'm not takin' anything away from rugby, it's a tough sport too lol. Just hate when people call american football a sissy sport cause of the pads, there are still brutal hits.

Most people know how much I love football(soccer). Came several million dollars away from being a pro player in the mid to late '80's. I also love American football. THe NFL. Not college. I don't think that American football is sissified just because of pads. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
06-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Here is a drawing of an offsides play.

O denotes defensive player(the black O is goalie)
X denotes offensive player
ARROW denotes the ball being kicked from X1 to X2

In the spot that X2 now stands, as soon as X1 kicks the ball, X2 is offsides. Later, QD.

ShooterMcGavin
06-10-2006, 03:41 PM
damn stretch, didn't know u was an artist too, what galleries u showing ur work at man??? :D

ISAtlanta300
06-10-2006, 03:42 PM

what he said......

quickdodgeŽ
06-10-2006, 03:42 PM
Abstract Atlanta. Later, QD.

HyPer50
06-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Thanks QD.

ShooterMcGavin
06-10-2006, 04:13 PM
abstract atlanta, lirl :lmao:

aaronfelipe
06-10-2006, 06:14 PM
ECUADOR FTW!

HyPer50
06-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Go Team Liechtenstein! They're in the world cup aren't they?