PDA

View Full Version : Too loud music ticket....

LS2ner
06-09-2006, 08:07 AM
Ok, to start off, i got a ticket for loud music. My "system" consists of wal-mart sony explode 5.25s, some off brand rear 5.25s, and 2 off-brand tweeters. The officer said he heard me over 200 feet away. This is my first ticket for it, but i got pulled over again about a week later, yet didnt recieve a ticket. Here is where it gets interesting. The officer wrote the color of my car as brown, my eye color brown (they are blue), and the name of the car as a "integral." Since this is my first ticket, and they were only tweeters that you CANT hear 200 feet awhile, im thinking about challenging it. Im wondering if i take the tweets in and show the judge them and the ticket, if he will dismiss it or reduce the fine. The fine is for $181.00 bucks!!!

civic95
06-09-2006, 08:14 AM
More than likely you will piss the judge off, but I doubt they would increase your fine on that so it could be worth a try.I wouldn't point out the officers mistakes on the ticket if I were you, regardless of what you've been told.

DieselNuts
06-09-2006, 08:43 AM
I doubt your ticket will get lowered. One of my friends got a ticket from Gwinnett county a few years back for the same thing......he had the factory honda stereo in his accord.....Good luck...

200ft isnt very far. if you were in a library, you could hear someone fart from 200ft.

I got a ticket once and the officer wrote my address down wrong. I showed up for court and they told me that my court date had been changed and that they informed me by a letter in the mail. Needless to say I never got that letter. I asked "what if the court date got moved forward and I didnt show up because I never recieved the letter?". The woman told me that my license would of been suspended and they would of put a warrent out for my arrest.....even though I never got the letter. FUCK THE MAN!!!!!!!!

Ran
06-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Gay. Why don't these cops try doing some real police work?

Good luck man.

A.P. Photography
06-09-2006, 09:00 AM
You guys might want to check the law, last I heard it was if the cop could hear it 150 ft away with the windows up.

speedminded
06-09-2006, 10:31 AM
You guys might want to check the law, last I heard it was if the cop could hear it 150 ft away with the windows up.150ft is the law, any stock stereo turned up can be heard at that distance.

A.P. Photography
06-09-2006, 10:33 AM
150ft is the law, any stock stereo turned up can be heard at that distance.
True, but not with the windows up. Windows down yes.

speedminded
06-09-2006, 10:36 AM
True, but not with the windows up. Windows down yes.yeah it can, but it depends on the surrounding noises too, parked on the side of a freeway, maybe not but 150' isn't as far as you think. The cars that are better insulated, higher end Lexus, Mercedes, etc. have better insulation but much better stereo's too...

Pablo
06-09-2006, 10:36 AM
i got a ticket for that like 10 years ago.
and i still remember it.
it was like $150 in Hall county

Tank
06-09-2006, 10:38 AM
its summer any and all cops are on the grind to make that extra money so theres a mass ticket orgy going on everywhere just be careful bro

A.P. Photography
06-09-2006, 10:41 AM
yeah it can, but it depends on the surrounding noises too, parked on the side of a freeway, maybe not but 150' isn't as far as you think. The cars that are better insulated, higher end Lexus, Mercedes, etc. have better insulation but much better stereo's too...
True, I have paid my fair share of them when I had the mini truck. That one you felt it more than heard it. lol