PDA

View Full Version : car sponsorships

topsecret2JZ
05-08-2005, 01:18 PM
how would you start to try to get your car sponsered? has anyone heard anything about carsponserships.com?

Julio
05-08-2005, 01:20 PM
Titties.

uproot
05-08-2005, 01:20 PM
carsponsorships.com

topsecret2JZ
05-08-2005, 01:24 PM
helpfull info thanks julio

The Yousef
05-08-2005, 01:24 PM
Titties.
boobies...big ones!
:boobies:

i had a buddy who signed up for a carsponsorships.com....he had a bad experience....something about he sent in the contract w/the $75 application fee...and never got any $

Julio
05-08-2005, 01:26 PM
helpfull info thanks julio

I had tons of sponsors when I use to show... honestly that was just the easy way out kinda joke.

Why do you want sponsors? What are you willing to do for a sponsor?

topsecret2JZ
05-08-2005, 01:33 PM
to get free shit, and get my car finished faster, everything for my car is expensive (1997 Toyota Supra)

topsecret2JZ
05-08-2005, 01:39 PM
to get free shit, and get my car finished faster, everything for my car is expensive (1997 Toyota Supra)

YokotaS13
05-08-2005, 01:42 PM
boobies...big ones!
:boobies:

i had a buddy who signed up for a carsponsorships.com....he had a bad experience....something about he sent in the contract w/the $75 application fee...and never got any $
you dont get cash, you get discounts, and only up to a certain amount. Its a rip off. same as the racer x sponsorship.

Anyywas, to get a real sponsorship you do it liek i did.
Build consistent show winning cars, go to every show you can, big and small. and Win

i didnt have a sponsor till my 4th car. and picked up three of them, one well known in the dsm community as well www.pocketlogger.com. It takes ALOT of money inot your car, a great attitude and Public relations ability, an outgoing personality, nad knowledge of your car, and others like it. If they are going to have you put their name on your car, they want you to know how to market it to potential buyers with real information. Basically. build a bad assed car and hope for the best. They will come find you, i promise

Julio
05-08-2005, 01:49 PM

Sorry, like that you will get nothing.

İhris
05-08-2005, 02:05 PM
talk to you mom and dad.... maybe they will sponsor you lol

Big Rick
05-08-2005, 02:11 PM

if that were the case, we all would have sponsors, what makes ur car any different from other cars out there? Its just a supra, whats so special about yours? Takes alot of money to get sponsored, on top of that alot of hard work.

YokotaS13
05-08-2005, 02:17 PM
if that were the case, we all would have sponsors, what makes ur car any different from other cars out there? Its just a supra, whats so special about yours? Takes alot of money to get sponsored, on top of that alot of hard work.
ditto

HyPer50
05-08-2005, 02:38 PM

Spoken like a true noob... Why would a sponser give you backing just so you can finish your car faster? You have to do alot more than just have a sticker on your car for a sponser to help you out.. You have to have an already proven car, therefore, if your poor and can't build up your car yourself, chances of you getting a real sponser is VERY unlikely. Hey, if you can't afford to supe up your Supra, just buy you a poor mans Ferrari (Fox body mustang)

Cliff
05-08-2005, 06:44 PM

for what it's worth this is the car....and as for what's special...once he gets it goin a lil further along it will def be a hot car...

Greddypacked
05-08-2005, 06:55 PM
Noice, now put a really nice expensive paint job (2 tone or something unique), maybe put a TT setup, spice up the engine bay really nice, stunning interior and i say you would have a shot w/ a good sponsor easily. I love those rims but some shiny HRE's would be killa!

JC
05-08-2005, 09:59 PM
For Starters, you need to make a sponsorship proposal. Think of it like a resume. It is your job to sell yourself and your car to the company. All that a company cares about is their ROI (Return on Investment). What can you do for them? Honestly, most sponsors don't care if you attend shows. They care about magazines coverage and other types of media coverage. When you start looking around EVERY company will ask you for a proposal. This website will get you started.

http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=9663

FYI, the attitude of just wanting free shit to get the car done quicker will get you no where. Next thing, get used to hearing NO. Because you will hear NO about 50 times before you ever hear a YES, thats just the way it is when you are getting started. Other then that, change your attitude on what sponsors provide and build a proposal and that will give you a good start.

Allstar3.8T
05-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Bottom line, they must think they need you MORE than you need them. Also, 99% of sponsored cars are the ones you'd think dont need it, because they look complete. If you had a company, you want you prod the last thing on a show car to complete it, or the first, and it may NEVER get completed. Easy, go w/ an already proven winner.
Eclipsed is right, ROI is what they are after.... a well wriiten application, backed by a well spoken person gets much further than a free product whoring drinkin buddy approach. You cant be uneducated sounding and dawg this and dawg that. They want PROFESSIONALS.
AND never commit to anything you wont do, that hurts everyone in the end....

Jaimecbr900
05-08-2005, 10:32 PM
If I'm being honest, I 1000% agree with Julio in telling you that you're going about it all wrong. You have to do 10x more FOR the sponsor than they are willing to do for you BEFORE they'll even consider you. With a half finished car, that will also make your possibilities even harder to find. Sponsors are NOT about financing YOUR project. They are about getting more exposure for THEM first and foremost.

You really need to adjust the attitude or you'll be left just "wishing" rather than doing. :2cents:

twkg
05-08-2005, 10:42 PM
good to see you got the wide body molded.

İhris
05-09-2005, 12:05 AM
wait.... is that Chris Sims???

Big Rick
05-09-2005, 12:55 AM
for what it's worth this is the car....and as for what's special...once he gets it goin a lil further along it will def be a hot car...

sorry man not sayin its not nice, i seen the pics in the other thread, but its not the first supra to go widebody. I know many and yet still they can't get sponsors. i'm always on supraforums and u should see some of the ones there. people just think a company will give u the funds to fix up ur car. doesn't work that way. He needs to keep workin on it, make it different from other's out there and attend shows like crazy. u have to stand out.

edit* some of the guys a couple post above me got the good advise, they know what it takes.

twkg
05-09-2005, 12:57 AM
yeah

He needs to keep workin on it, make it different from other's out there and attend shows like crazy. u have to stand out.
foreal...thats where it is. make it unique.

i got faith in that supra.

SwiftGTiRacer
05-09-2005, 04:16 AM
in my case, i found out that sponcership was completley luck. I didn't ask for anything. it just kinda got offered. but i would agree with most the people that said it takes a lot of hard work and money into your car before a company will even concider helping you out. Its not what the company can do for you but what you can do for the company.

Swifty

JoeCoolinATL
05-09-2005, 04:35 AM
Titties.

Ass. and big booty bitches.

Sorry, like that you will get nothing.

egg-fucking-zactly

flysi00
05-09-2005, 10:58 AM
talk to you mom and dad.... maybe they will sponsor you lol

your a dumb fuck

flysi00
05-09-2005, 10:58 AM

no its chris smith Yeah its chris sims

bigb996
05-09-2005, 11:06 AM
do a tranny swap and that might help with a sponsor :goodjob:

YokotaS13
05-09-2005, 11:17 AM
sorry man not sayin its not nice, i seen the pics in the other thread, but its not the first supra to go widebody. I know many and yet still they can't get sponsors. i'm always on supraforums and u should see some of the ones there. people just think a company will give u the funds to fix up ur car. doesn't work that way. He needs to keep workin on it, make it different from other's out there and attend shows like crazy. u have to stand out.

edit* some of the guys a couple post above me got the good advise, they know what it takes.
wow another widebody supra???Whats next, lambo doors?

Julio
05-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Honestly, most sponsors don't care if you attend shows.

I agree w/ you on everything, except that part.
I know people with not many mods (conservative car) and just because that person had such a lont list of good show attendance show attendance got them product and even some expenses on some out of state shows.

Honestly man, I wouldn't worried about sponsorships at this momment, until you really get heavy into showing. Is not easy having a sponsored vehicle especially if you are w/ big sponsors that do many shows.

I will never forget my last year of showing wich was 03' I did close to 40 events and close to 1/2 of those were Sponsor called and you know what I had to go... One event I had to send the car to Carlile PA with someone else because a sponsor wanted the car in the booth ( tokico ) And I couldnt attend that event because of my work schedule but still wanted to look good for me and the team I was in at the time ( all stars )

Are you willing to travel? very little sleep ? your car has to be on top shape while under contract w/ said sponsor/s are you well spoken? Those are only some of the things that you need to learn and there are so many more things to learn in this business, I call it business because once you get a real sponsor A REAL BIG SPONSOR not 15% off at some local shop or something... Once you get a a big league sponsor is pretty much a business from there on out.

So think about it... But if you are real, build a record... go out to big shows, learn and talk to people... talk to the older guys that been around the block and have huge sponsors like the all stars members and ECI members.. They have a track record...

But anyways, that was real 2 cents

JC
05-09-2005, 02:56 PM
I agree w/ you on everything, except that part.

True, it really depends on the company. A lot ONLY care about magazine coverage, but others look at show schedule as well. So your right, just depends on the company you are going after.

BOOSTEDeg
05-09-2005, 03:30 PM
I tried that shit out, got my money back too. It's a bullshit deal man. They have two "sponsors" they give you right away Decal Kits.com, which they give you $50 in decals, WHOOPEE and also Housw of Boom, which gives NOTHING but offers discounts. I told them fucks to give me my money back. I WISH I HAD TWO MORE HANDS, SO I COULD GIVE THEM 4 THUMBS DOWN!!!

NDSPD
05-09-2005, 03:35 PM
carsponsorships sucks...they charge you 90.00 fee saying that they are working on sponsorships for you. then you get a package with krappy sponsors. you get like 20% on whatever you buy and thats it. still money is coming out of your pocket. dont go that way. a real sponsor is the one that give you money or products for free. not discounts.

YokotaS13
05-09-2005, 03:50 PM
you keep thinking that. and while i hvae my 3000 system for 800 bucks, you can have nothing. you gotta get stuff for half off befor eyou can get free...remember that

IndianStig
05-09-2005, 04:06 PM
lookin good, throw some paint on it upgrade your internals and if i were a sponser i would look at you, but what do i know, all i know is that supra's are already proven cars and have major power and handling

JoeCoolinATL
05-09-2005, 04:28 PM
hahahhhahahhahahaha

Miss Misty
06-28-2008, 10:12 AM
No free advertising for companies on IA. Try Craigslist for that. :rolleyes:

81911SC
06-28-2008, 10:24 AM
LOOK AT THE DATE YOU FUCCKING IDIOT
LOGOUT AND LEAVE IA

Echonova
06-28-2008, 10:37 AM
No free advertising for companies on IA. Try Craigslist for that. :rolleyes:
Last edited by Jaimecbr900 : Today at 12:10 PM. Fo realz!!! I can getz parts on the lo-lo!! Imma fill dat shyte rit now!!! Duz dis mean I can getz teh VIP parking next to da trailer at de Varsity since you are going to sponsor mah car???

stillaneon
06-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Hey guys!

We are the 2nd biggest car sponsorship company in the US!

We sponsor individuals as well as clubs!

We offer no contract fees!

You are NOT required to go to a certain amount of shows per year!

You do no have to pay any fees!

You get any parts we can get at a LOW LOW price!

All you have to do is log onto www.xcustomz.com (http://www.xcustomz.com/) - Click on the sponsorship tab and fill out the online application!

Liars.

^^Anyone who does this is fuccing stupid^^

civiccsi
06-30-2008, 11:44 AM
y r they stupid?

81911SC
06-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Seriously, seriously?

yekah
06-30-2008, 12:56 PM
Try being friends with ppl that have shops! and have your car stock clean, they might think of an idea of how your car would look like!

81911SC
06-30-2008, 12:58 PM
God, noobs never look at the dates.

Echonova
06-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Try being friends with ppl that have shops! and have your car stock clean, they might think of an idea of how your car would look like! I have a shop. Will you be my friend so I can give you free sh*t?

yekah
06-30-2008, 03:41 PM
by sponsorship im not telling you to give me free sh*t, im refferring to discounts to car parts......

yekah
06-30-2008, 03:42 PM
and for sure i never said free parts! read before you post :)

81911SC
06-30-2008, 03:43 PM
READ THE DATE YOU DUMB FUCCKING ****

Echonova
06-30-2008, 03:46 PM
and for sure i never said free parts! read before you post :)You didn't have to... After all, you drive a Honda. Money is obviously a problem.

yekah
06-30-2008, 05:53 PM
lol and your problem is???

F*ck the date that was posted! somone posted so i posted!!!

Echonova
06-30-2008, 06:01 PM
lol and your problem is???

F*ck the date that was posted! somone posted so i posted!!!You will fit in nicely here.:goodjob:

Check yo reps

XanRules
06-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Liars.

^^Anyone who does this is fuccing stupid^^

Have you seen these monstrosities?
The reason they're the second largest sponsorship place in the US is because they'll sponsor anything that has wheels. I know from looking at their website that three of their staff members are still in high school.

So yeah, sure, they'll sponsor you.

You'll get free lambo doors, neon, and a spot in a trailer at the Varsity!

You'll be a popular guy.

civiccsi
07-01-2008, 09:55 AM
None of the staff members are in high school. They give free sponsorships to the regular joe that isn't rich and doesn't have mommy and daddy to help them pay for their cars. The sponsorship gets you your parts at cost! therefore it helps everyone out. They are not concerned with how well everyone they sponsor looks right now. It takes time and at times your car will look like junk until it is finished! Once it is finished it will have all been worth it. They are the second largest because of places like import atlanta that only want to talk crap about ppl before getting the real story.