PDA

View Full Version : Misc AFI= SOLD OUT

Hulud
06-09-2006, 12:28 AM
NUFF SAID

just saw them on MTV movie awards
their music is the same as their last album (dont blame them the are rolling in money)

i remember seeing a video my cousin shot out in San Fran from a Death By Stereo show and Davey was in the crowd singing along, you wont see that anymore.

4dmin
06-09-2006, 07:14 AM
^ um you just found that out... let me tell you about old... i saw them at BLTs here back in like 94-95 i think w/ Guttermouth right after "answer that and stay fashionable came out" ;)

back when he wore the purple rag on his head an didn't look like a fucking hardcore fag w/ eye liner

HiPSI
06-09-2006, 09:50 AM
back when he wore the purple rag on his head an didn't look like a fucking hardcore fag w/ eye liner

i had just flipped onto mtv and saw them last night... i honestly thought it was just an ugly chick with no boobies until they said who it was.

Ryno
06-09-2006, 01:14 PM
NUFF SAID

just saw them on MTV movie awards
their music is the same as their last album (dont blame them the are rolling in money)

i remember seeing a video my cousin shot out in San Fran from a Death By Stereo show and Davey was in the crowd singing along, you wont see that anymore.

They sold out several years ago. I saw them many times in high school and still enjoy listening to their first two albums when they were Abuncha fuckin idiots.

4dmin
06-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Abuncha fuckin idiots.

FTW most people think they were A FIRE INSIDE :jerkit:

i remeber seeing the for the first time marc from guttermouth was making fun of them b/c i guess the didn't quite settle on the name AFI, its meant many different things over the years :goodjob:

Hulud
06-09-2006, 03:06 PM
They sold out several years ago. I saw them many times in high school and still enjoy listening to their first two albums when they were Abuncha fuckin idiots.
i know im just saying theres no turning back, i was kinda hoping they would

FORTHEWIN
06-10-2006, 11:49 AM
wow, i love afi but this new album is so...i know he's takin it easy cuz of his voice but damn. its not anywhere near their best. disappointing to say the least

GTScoob
06-13-2006, 12:45 AM
Man so much AFI hate. Did none of you ever see it coming? Its been a pretty steady transition into the gayness since Black Sails in the Sunset. Last album was really the "sellout" album, this one is just Davey Havok trying to do some good 80s gay club music like a mix of Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, Depeche Mode, etc.

Regardless they're still one of my favorite bands, their new CD has a couple good songs on it although nothing sounds like anything they released recently (take that how you'd like).