PDA

View Full Version : Evo Vortex generator

LemonAJAX
06-08-2006, 10:10 AM
so.. anyone know what it does.. or does it just look cool.. AND can you put it on an 03 lancer es??

ironchef
06-08-2006, 03:10 PM
so.. anyone know what it does.. or does it just look cool.. AND can you put it on an 03 lancer es??It helps the airflow as far as i know. As for putting it on a regular lancer, why? If its as fast as an evo, then maybe i could understand it. But I highly doubt it is.

PSINXS
06-08-2006, 03:16 PM
i've removed and reinstalled one before and its a pain in the ass on a regular evo. trying to get it tucked back under the rubber molding is a bitch because the damn thing flexes so much. dont waste time putting it on a lancer. its a high speed stability thing anyways.

Specsteve
06-08-2006, 08:26 PM
From my understanding, it basically creates a "vortex" (hints the name!) of air making a spiral type effect, which in turn creates better/more effiecent air flow to the spoiler, which will help create better downforce at higher speeds...which ultimately will help make the car more stable, and the rear-end more staionary. It goes along with the theory of spiraling airflow is more effiecent than non-spiraling.

Like everyone else already mentioned, on a base Lancer, the only benefit you will see is aesthetic. And yes, they are fairly difficult to install/remove. I would just leave it be if it was me.

Hope this helps, or made sense...I didnt feel proofread lol.

LemonAJAX
06-08-2006, 10:14 PM
lol thanks... now i need more help.. clutch and throw-out bearing replacement on an 03 lancer.. i've been told it's the same as a 2g eclipse.. gotta drop the whole motor to do it.. is this somehting me and my dad can do?? and what tools are neccesary?? or should i have a shop doit it, spen the 350 and not have to worry about fuck-ups? and where can i get a throw-out bearing?