PDA

View Full Version : P0505, anyone ever herd of it?

99EK2006
06-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Well about 2 weeks after i bought my car from my friend, i put an AEM intake system on it, about a week after that, i got this check engin light code. I reset it thought it might be just something from the car ajusting to the intake, week later came back on, and when it first comes on, when i let off the gas, My car feels like im eather breaking really hard for like half a second, or pressing the gas real fast, its like the throttle body flap is just closeing or open really fast. So everytime it happens, i just turn my car off and it goes away, does not pull when i let off the gas anymore. Then i Ghetto Reset it, buy removing negative battery thing out. I dont know what to do anymore, i bought a IAC from Honda Parts Connection, and im gonna install it in the morning, iv read up and this is sometimes the problem, and i have no vacum leeks or anything else. So i hope this works, if anyone has had this problem shoot me some anwsers. Thanks :goodjob:

BTW, my car is a 1999 Civic EX, 134,250 on the clock, just had timeing belt and lots of things replaced about 4 weeks after i bought the car.

HELP ME!

99EK2006
06-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Updates- I installed the Idle Air Controller, and now it just makes me idle at 1000 roms, then shoots up to 1800 rpm's back and forth, back and forth, i give up...

3kgtdrvr
06-08-2006, 05:36 PM
dont just buy random parts and replace them, figure out what the problem is and fix it. what code is p0505? a description would be nice bc the numbers dont mean shit if u dont know what it means. and btw...now it sounds like u have a problem with ur IAC

99EK2006
06-08-2006, 07:57 PM
P0505- Idle control system malfunction, said to pleace IAC, and i did, dont u have to get ur Idle speed set when u change it?