PDA

View Full Version : Misc Question about hair!?

fawk_you
06-05-2006, 05:31 PM
Ok, recently... I cut my hair short again... like 2" off.... :mad: and I was told that if you eat certain things, it will help your hair grow faster. IE: For your finger nails, eat jello... the gelitan helps them grow faster.... anyone know of the things to eat to help your hair grow faster? Please help, thanks.

Dragonfly5338
06-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Ok, recently... I cut my hair short again... like 2" off.... :mad: and I was told that if you eat certain things, it will help your hair grow faster. IE: For your finger nails, eat jello... the gelitan helps them grow faster.... anyone know of the things to eat to help your hair grow faster? Please help, thanks.

Gelatin doesn't make your nails grow faster, the protein makes your nails stronger, so they don't break. Anything high in protein will. Including sperm. :cool:

Nothing really makes your hair grow faster, unfortunately. However, having a healthy diet, taking care of your hair, etc, will make it healthier. Which will in turn keep it from breaking off, which is what you don't want.

dereksi
06-05-2006, 06:15 PM
yea cum does the body good (mine is higher in protein or whatever else you ladies need)

fawk_you
06-05-2006, 06:16 PM
thanks Val.

dereksi
06-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Ahh fuk it your ZERO fun -1

silver
06-05-2006, 06:34 PM
I have alot of prego friends or have been around alot.. and they always say that after taking prenatal vitamins that their hair and nails and skin are always much more healthier and seem to grow faster cause of all the vitamins that are in them... that could be something you could try.. not sure how true it is or if it works but i have heard non prego people have taken them, but maybe you could look into what vitamin helps your hair grow and take a supplement but not overdue it... i dunno, lol but i know not cutting it doesnt help, cause then the ends are not healthy which makes it not gorw.. so when you get it cut get it cut more often but not as much each time... you might want to check that with your hair stylist though..

But I am in the same boat.. I want long hair, but I always end up chopping it off right when it finally starts to get long, haha

fawk_you
06-05-2006, 08:30 PM
I have alot of prego friends or have been around alot.. and they always say that after taking prenatal vitamins that their hair and nails and skin are always much more healthier and seem to grow faster cause of all the vitamins that are in them... that could be something you could try.. not sure how true it is or if it works but i have heard non prego people have taken them, but maybe you could look into what vitamin helps your hair grow and take a supplement but not overdue it... i dunno, lol but i know not cutting it doesnt help, cause then the ends are not healthy which makes it not gorw.. so when you get it cut get it cut more often but not as much each time... you might want to check that with your hair stylist though..

But I am in the same boat.. I want long hair, but I always end up chopping it off right when it finally starts to get long, haha
Thanks for the info. And the last tid bit, seems like we suck. LOL

DnBmama05
06-05-2006, 08:37 PM
ok... as far as the prenatal vitamins... any kind of vitamins can help your hair grow, but i think being pregnant period makes your hair grow faster... it can change the texture and color (mine turned darker and redder and the texture changed) but it grew extremely fast while i was pregnant and i didnt' take prenatal vitamins. here are some tips though... eat lots of protein like someone said in an earlier post. also, wearing your hair in a pony tail (when it gets long enough) is supposed to make your hair grow faster - just don't get those pony tail holders with those metal things since it will make your hair break. i massage my head when i wash my hair... might sound crazy, but i honestly think it works... maybe stimulates? anyway, just thought i'd put in my 2 cents.

fawk_you
06-05-2006, 08:39 PM
thanks to you too.... ima try everything. LOL, I know it took like 8 months to get my hair like 4" longer... so something quicker would rock. THANKS AGAIN!

fawk_you
06-05-2006, 08:40 PM
yea cum does the body good (mine is higher in protein or whatever else you ladies need)
Thanks for the negative rep. cause I wouldnt pay attention to your post. :gay:

DnBmama05
06-05-2006, 08:42 PM
a good conditioner is a HUGE plus also ;) i'm sure i'm not saying anything that you probably haven't already heard... but i've been really trying to get my hair to grow so i've been experimenting with everything. i've also heard that there is some stuff that black people use called du grow or do grow or something like that that can help your hair grow faster... now that is one thing i haven't tried.

fawk_you
06-05-2006, 08:49 PM
alright cool, thanks

Dragonfly5338
06-06-2006, 01:25 AM
ok... as far as the prenatal vitamins... any kind of vitamins can help your hair grow, but i think being pregnant period makes your hair grow faster... it can change the texture and color (mine turned darker and redder and the texture changed) but it grew extremely fast while i was pregnant and i didnt' take prenatal vitamins. here are some tips though... eat lots of protein like someone said in an earlier post. also, wearing your hair in a pony tail (when it gets long enough) is supposed to make your hair grow faster - just don't get those pony tail holders with those metal things since it will make your hair break. i massage my head when i wash my hair... might sound crazy, but i honestly think it works... maybe stimulates? anyway, just thought i'd put in my 2 cents.

You're on the right track there. Prenatal vitamins have NOTHING to do with it. Many pregnant women have hair that grows faster/slower is thicker/thinner, texture changes, etc. due to hormones. Usually the thick hair falls out, thin hair grows in, and it goes back to her normal hair once the baby is born and her hormones are back to the normal level.

People just assume the wrong correlation of prenatal vitamins equaling faster hair growth. The hormones are the z-variable there. ;) Vitamins are good, just be sure you're getting either a regular multi-vitamin or one specified for your age/sex group. Prenatal vitamins are extremely high in certain ones that pregnant women need, but to people who aren't pregnant, it can be harmful. :)

C22H19N3O4
06-06-2006, 02:14 AM
Will prenatals help my mullet grow evenly?

fawk_you
06-06-2006, 02:21 AM
lol oh lord.... he's back hah

CSquared
06-06-2006, 02:30 AM
Anything high in protein will. Including sperm. :cool:

Yo fawk... I just wanted to let you know that i dont have any plans for this weekend. Anything to help a fellow IA-er.

Dragonfly5338
06-06-2006, 02:34 AM
Will prenatals help my mullet grow evenly?

No. Only having sex with blood relatives has been scientifically proven to induce even mullet growth.

Dr. Val

fawk_you
06-06-2006, 02:35 AM
Yo fawk... I just wanted to let you know that i dont have any plans for this weekend. Anything to help a fellow IA-er.
LIRL. No thanks. Mmmmmmmk. Going out of town anyways. :jerkit:

C22H19N3O4
06-06-2006, 03:34 AM
No. Only having sex with blood relatives has been scientifically proven to induce even mullet growth.

Dr. Val

That and a Billy Ray Cyrus CD.

ALVIN
06-13-2006, 03:18 PM
pre-natal pills and being pregnant makes your hair and nails grow faster as well as healthier.

Dragonfly5338
06-13-2006, 03:26 PM
pre-natal pills and being pregnant makes your hair and nails grow faster as well as healthier.

No they don't. Obviously you didn't read the thread.

1439/2000
06-13-2006, 03:29 PM
vitamin b12 is the main vitamin that promotes growth (all growth) and nervous cycle.

Also seafood, especially shrimp are high in vitamin b.

It fortifies existing hair and makes everything stronger.

I take a b12 tablet everynight and I have measured my hair growth the past 6month.

Before my hair grew on average 1 inch every 2 months now its more like 1inch every 1 1/2 months.

But I also started a daily multi vitamin at the same time. Basically my diet had no nutirents or minerals before though.

fawk_you
06-13-2006, 03:33 PM
^--did you research that or what? Or your own info?

1439/2000
06-13-2006, 03:41 PM
^--did you research that or what? Or your own info?

Yeah I measured my hair since dec 6th 05 until june 8th 06 with the multivitamin the extra b12 and a better diet.

I also measured it from june 16th 04 until dec 5th 04 the first time with nothing.

I had dreads then cut them and now I want to grow them back out again so I'm trying vitamins and eating better and it seems to have worked.

However my diet since college and before last december was horrible. wendys everyday.

fawk_you
06-13-2006, 03:44 PM
alright cool, thanks. :)

1439/2000
06-13-2006, 03:47 PM
To clarify b12 wont make your hair just grow and grow nor will a vitamin but your hair is only as healthy as you are. So if you improve your health by a daily multivitamin and exercise, then your results will come.

A watched pot never boils though. Try not to think about it. I want my dreads now but I'm trying to be patient.

Dragonfly5338
06-13-2006, 10:22 PM
To clarify b12 wont make your hair just grow and grow nor will a vitamin but your hair is only as healthy as you are. So if you improve your health by a daily multivitamin and exercise, then your results will come.

A watched pot never boils though. Try not to think about it. I want my dreads now but I'm trying to be patient.

Thank you, Homeless Jay. :goodjob:

melisme0
06-13-2006, 10:25 PM
alot of seafood

Red
06-13-2006, 10:25 PM
I found this on a website:

A few things that you can do to ensure that your hair follicle remains healthy and your hair is undamaged, are:

1. Take an inexpensive daily multi vitamin such as 'One-A-Day' or even 'Flintstones.' Your hair likes zinc and biotin and both of the above mentioned vitmins contain ample amounts of these. Don't waste your hard earned money on 'super vitamins.' Your body only requires so many vitamins per day and simply discharges the excess. You can't put twenty gallons in a ten gallon tank. In some instances, over dosing on supplements can actually be fatal.

2. Do not over brush your hair. With every stroke you damage your hair more. Brush only as much as you need to style the hair, then stop.

3. Buy a good quality brush or comb without sharp plastic or metal ridges. This is one of the common factors leading to split ends, as is over brushing.

4. Don't be penny foolish. Buy good quality salon products. The chemicals used in many if not most over the counter shampoos and conditioners, contain very harsh ingredients such as 'ammonium laurel sulfate' which can actually dry your hair out and cause breakage and split ends. Even worse, many contain a form of silicon, and that can be very bad for your hair. 'Pantene' is the worst of these in our opinion.

5. Don't constrict your hair with tight bands, hats, braids and the like. These also lead to split ends and hair breakage.

fawk_you
06-13-2006, 10:29 PM
thanks for the input yet again every1. :)

Hektik
06-13-2006, 10:35 PM
I may be werong but I always thought that ur hair and nails was an excess of calcium in ur body. if this is true wouldnt just plain old milk or orange juice help u grow ur hair faster.

fawk_you
06-13-2006, 10:38 PM
I already drink both of those alot...so maybe that would help?

Dragonfly5338
06-13-2006, 11:22 PM
I may be werong but I always thought that ur hair and nails was an excess of calcium in ur body. if this is true wouldnt just plain old milk or orange juice help u grow ur hair faster.

Bones are mostly calcium. Hair, nails and the outer layer of skin are made out of keratin, which is a complex protein.

lilMOMMY
06-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Sorry for my misinformation...I only said what I said because my fiancee grew hair and nails like nothing before while she was pregnant and that wasnt too long ago.

PS: this is sloRSX

fawk_you
06-15-2006, 11:28 PM
ight cool thanks

Dragonfly5338
06-16-2006, 01:35 AM
Sorry for my misinformation...I only said what I said because my fiancee grew hair and nails like nothing before while she was pregnant and that wasnt too long ago.

PS: this is sloRSX

Because of the hormones produced in pregnancy. Not the vitamins. It can actually be harmful to take prenatal vitamins if you're not pregnant because they have different concentrations that pregnant women need. Very high in folic acid, if I remember right - which can be deadly if overdosed on. However, you need double duty of it when you have a li'l vampire inside of you sucking away all your nutrients as it tries to grow.

fawk_you
06-20-2006, 02:33 AM
Since ive posted this, my hair has actually grown about a half an inch+.... been wearing it up.... eating alot of healthy stuff, and taking womens 1 a day.... i just started birth control too.... will that have any effect on it?